London Knights 2016 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Any word yet on either the pickup date for seasons tickets or the training camp schedule?
Rumour has it that the first 500 fans to attend camp will receive a game-worn Marner jersey. :amazed:

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
lol tried to make it right?

They completely miscalculated the collectors intentions and attempted to persuade him to sign a confidentiality clause so that they could have the opportunity to sweep the story under the rug and control the narrative after the story is settled.

People are going to keep talking about it because it is a compelling story, and the Knights organization were ********s in their handling of it. It is also an ongoing story, so it is unrealistic for you to expect people to not talk about it just because you don't want to hear about how your favorite team tried to screw over a long time fan and then tried to tool him around and sweep it under the rug.

Im not a collector but am very intetested in this story. If others arent, skip the posts. Many readers do with topics they dont care about.

Someone tries to screw ya over ( and rumors that its happened to other collectors, other teams, other deals) darn right someones gotta take a stand.
I applaud the stand and get it.
The easy way out woulda been to take the HHOF Memorial Cup Jersey n sign the shut your mouth deal.

Last edited:

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
On the first part, you're wrong - although, I would tend to agree with you :D The jersey sold in an open online auction for $3500. That in itself, makes the jersey worth $3500. It's a lot like art in that way...it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it at the time. Though like you said, for me, no jersey would be worth that much!

As for the second part, to each their own. I have replicas purchased from the team store, and also a few game worns purchased from the team store and other places. I like the replica's because its much more cost effective, but I also like the game worn because it makes me feel like I'm holding history in my hands.....perhaps silly, but it's true!

Fair enough, I should have written not worth $3500 to me. And it's only worth $3500 to him if someone pays him that much .

I do have a game worn autographed Jersey. I think I paid $5 for the ticket in a fan club draw. I can say mine is definitely game worn . There's holes in the elbow :)

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
In the every day lives of a hockey team and it's fans...no...In a close knit community of collectors...unprecedented. Huge is actually an understatement.

Huge will be the announcement that Marner is coming back for his final season with the Knights. :laugh:

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Any word yet on either the pickup date for seasons tickets or the training camp schedule?
Rumour has it that the first 500 fans to attend camp will receive a game-worn Marner jersey. :amazed:

Could you imagine 500 more lawsuits

Aren't they not coming in this week or is it next week they are playing exhibition game a week from this Friday

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Fair enough, I should have written not worth $3500 to me. And it's only worth $3500 to him if someone pays him that much .

I do have a game worn autographed Jersey. I think I paid $5 for the ticket in a fan club draw. I can say mine is definitely game worn . There's holes in the elbow :)

No...it's only worth it *to him* if he wants to pay $3,500. If he purchases merchandise as an investment (i.e. with re-sale value as his end game), then the value to a subsequent purchaser is relevant. But if his motivation for purchasing jerseys extends past that (for example, nostalgic reasons), then the jersey's value isn't confined to re-sale.

btw - a lot of people who post in the OHL forum only post here, but there's also a thread on this same topic on the business of hockey board, in case any of you want to chime in: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2118281

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
In the every day lives of a hockey team and it's fans...no...In a close knit community of collectors...unprecedented. Huge is actually an understatement.

I'm happy with all the posts in this thread on this topic. I've learned more about collecting in the last couple of days than I have previously known in my life time.

As far as the complainers go...we don't always get to read posts in this thread that we're individually fascinated by. I really don't care when you're picking up your season tickets.

I'm happy with all the posts in this thread on this topic. I've learned more about collecting in the last couple of days than I have previously known in my life time.

As far as the complainers go...we don't always get to read posts in this thread that we're individually fascinated by. I really don't care when you're picking up your season tickets.

:laugh: touché

I'm guilty because I am passionately connected to the hobby of collecting. I could talk for hours about jerseys...so I can see how it would bore some people, but I also feel it's good to discuss these things so people out of the loop can get a little closer to it and understand just exactly what we're talking about.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
:laugh: touché

I'm guilty because I am passionately connected to the hobby of collecting. I could talk for hours about jerseys...so I can see how it would bore some people, but I also feel it's good to discuss these things so people out of the loop can get a little closer to it and understand just exactly what we're talking about.

You're not guilty of anything. We're not, individually, required to divine individual posts directed at fascinating every single person who might read this thread.

The current lawsuit against the team is very relevant discussion-wise - and I find the comments fascinating and educational.

My comment re season tickets was 100% facetious - i'm not bothered at all about people making posts like that in this thread - i might be in toronto, but the majority of ppl who post here are from london and it seems like most of you are STHs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad