Logan Couture

ReLyT

Fantasy Canadian Hockey League Commissioner
Jul 28, 2005
London, Ontario
fantasysimhockey.com
It's time for everyone to realize now what i've been saying all year... Logan is a top three pick in this years draft and top pick in my mind and I'm a die hard Knights fan...

Last year in Logans rookie season he was clearly overshadowed by JT and S. Kostitsyn... but he had 25 goals and 39 assists and then put up seven points in six playoff games... He was appointed with the number one ranking for this upcoming draft at the end of last season.

This year he had a horrible case of mono, which he is now fully healed from and he's gained almost all his weight back... yet he played through the mono and still put up 26 goals and 52 assists. His game isn't all offense either he is one of the top two way players in the OHL and stands out in every aspect of the game on and off the ice... the kids unreal, heck he is known to make some big hits too...

Tonight in Ottawa's first playoff game he had three assists against a stacked lineup in the Belleville Bulls... if he leads his seventh ranked team and upsets the second ranked team in the eatern conference... I could definitly see his ranking rise alot and be mentioned among the names of Kane and Cherepanov.

Hope my Hawks get him he'd be a perfect fit...

OilerOlli*

Yeah, I also think that he can climb some spots, (from 7th/8th spot nto the Top 5)
Sounds really good what I has reading, and a little bit seeing so far from him.
I often read that he could be a player like Larionov, Richards or Savard. Probably a high upside, but very nice one for my taste...

turnbuckle*

It's time for everyone to realize now what i've been saying all year... Logan is a top three pick in this years draft and top pick in my mind and I'm a die hard Knights fan...

Last year in Logans rookie season he was clearly overshadowed by JT and S. Kostitsyn... but he had 25 goals and 39 assists and then put up seven points in six playoff games... He was appointed with the number one ranking for this upcoming draft at the end of last season.

This year he had a horrible case of mono, which he is now fully healed from and he's gained almost all his weight back... yet he played through the mono and still put up 26 goals and 52 assists. His game isn't all offense either he is one of the top two way players in the OHL and stands out in every aspect of the game on and off the ice... the kids unreal, heck he is known to make some big hits too...

Tonight in Ottawa's first playoff game he had three assists against a stacked lineup in the Belleville Bulls... if he leads his seventh ranked team and upsets the second ranked team in the eatern conference... I could definitly see his ranking rise alot and be mentioned among the names of Kane and Cherepanov.

Hope my Hawks get him he'd be a perfect fit...

Get out the hero biscuits. :( I know this has been repeated ad nauseam, but apparently you missed the memo - there's more to scouting a player than looking at the stat sheet.

Three assists in one game don't suddenly make him a great skater. His skating will keep him out of the top three from all indications.

Bacchus

Nov 11, 2002
Dickes B
Visit site
Yeah, I also think that he can climb some spots, (from 7th/8th spot nto the Top 5)
Sounds really good what I has reading, and a little bit seeing so far from him.
I often read that he could be a player like Larionov, Richards or Savard. Probably a high upside, but very nice one for my taste...

Where have you seen him? On which channel?

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Three assists in one game don't suddenly make him a great skater. His skating will keep him out of the top three from all indications.
While I also don't see him going top-3... I don't know if there are very many certainties about this year's draft, either in terms of ordering the guys in the top group or picking amongst the many later options. Skating didn't keep Bobby Ryan or Rick Nash from going in the top-2 picks, for example. Granted, they brought some other things (size, basically) that Couture doesn't, but I also think he brings some things they didn't in terms of his overall game. Unlikely as it is for him to go in the top-3, I didn't think his skating was soooo bad that one could rule it out purely on skating if one of the top picking teams happens to love him. :dunno:

Anyway, if he had had a 100% healthy season playing the way he has been lately, I think I could have seen him going top-3, quite regardless of any skating questions. :dunno:

Epic

Nov 22, 2006
Edmonton
Skating is the one of the few things that can be learned in the late stages of a players career. It's not that big of a deal if a guy is in the top 10 with bad skating. Usually the top 3 are all pretty good skaters. Nash and Ryan although are not great skaters they where not bad skaters either. neither is Logan, just average.

ReLyT

Fantasy Canadian Hockey League Commissioner
Jul 28, 2005
London, Ontario
fantasysimhockey.com
Corey Perry was a horrible skater and look where he is... Trust me im not just watching the stat sheets... I quite often end up watching the 67's on the OHL Pak just for him plus i've seen him live a couple times... sure he doesn't skate like the wind but he is always in the right spot... I think the Brad Richards comparison is a pretty good one

elvisisalive

Feb 20, 2007
Brad Richards is a terrible comparison. Richards was one of the fastest skaters in junior. I'm thinking more of a Doug Wickenheiser type player myself. Though I have only seen a few games on tv of him, that is my impression.

fighterflea1*

In my mind, Couture ranks out at #7 in this draft behind Cherepanov, Turris, Voracek, Kane, Alzner and Van Reimsdyk. For those who have seen a lot of Couture, would you put him ahead of any of the others? Score double if you actually have seen the players that you put Couture above.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
In my mind, Couture ranks out at #7 in this draft behind Cherepanov, Turris, Voracek, Kane, Alzner and Van Reimsdyk. For those who have seen a lot of Couture, would you put him ahead of any of the others? Score double if you actually have seen the players that you put Couture above.
That's my problem in a nutshell... I really like Couture -but- I haven't seen Turris, I don't think seeing (or barely seeing) JvR in the WJC counts, pretty sure I don't have anything like the full picture of Cherepanov even from a couple WJC games on TV, Voracek wasn't where he is now when I saw him (again, paltry TV only). Sooooo... while I feel like I know all I need to about Kane, Gagner, Alzner - and of course Couture - it's really insufficient for ordering them overall (even in my own mind, never mind *really* ordering them). Such is the life of the armchair draft fan, alas. :( :GWC:

Then again, if space aliens landed and threatened the world with annihilation if I wasn't given the chance to make the #3 pick in the draft (well, and given a permanent controlling interest in the corresponding franchise so that I didn't just make a sabotage pick), well... GIVEN that I haven't seen some of the others enough, and GIVEN that I like Couture just fine... I would still just have to pick based on what I do know, and I wouldn't be disappointed in Couture as my #3 pick, say, even if hindsight proved me to be a complete dolt (again), sooooo... No scoring double for me, but I don't really have much choice but to put him ahead of guys I haven't seen, do I? :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad