Lockout talk thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
Welp... Hockey's national nightmare is over... Ours is about to begin... Stupid Fehr, why couldn't you get the season canceled and spared us viewing a terrible team? Ugh... Would have been perfect to forego this year and just jump straight to next where we'd be back on top of the Western Conference again... And the Griffins wouldn't be losing all their good players either...

A $65 Million cap will be our nightmare. With cap compliance buyouts and whatever else they have, most teams that will be over the cap next year will be able to fit well under the cap after Free Agents leave and have enough money to resign their prized FAs.... UGH. Can anything go our way for once? This offseason has been a nightmare. Make it stop please.

Last edited:

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Welp... Hockey's national nightmare is over... Ours is about to begin... Stupid Fehr, why couldn't you get the season canceled and spared us viewing a terrible team? Ugh... Would have been perfect to forego this year and just jump straight to next where we'd be back on top of the Western Conference again... And the Griffins wouldn't be losing all their good players either...

A $65 Million cap will be our nightmare. With cap compliance buyouts and whatever else they have, most teams that will be over the cap next year will be able to fit well under the cap after Free Agents leave and have enough money to resign their prized FAs.... UGH. Can anything go our way for once? This offseason has been a nightmare. Make it stop please.

Well, perhaps we are positioned to get a top 5 pick. Better to suffer through a miserable 52 game season rather than a full 82 game season.

irishock

Fire Ken Holland
Jan 15, 2012
Vancouver, BC
I can still see a cancelled season. Seems to be a lot of problems left, including variance, cba length, bad towels, ego, min salary in 2021, 2nd year cap....

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Great news!

I'm really excited to see if Brunner has anything to offer at the NHL level. Just pair him up with Z and we'll see.

Brunner's final stats from Switzerland are quite unbelieavable: 33GP 25G 32A 57PTS. By far the most points per game in the league even with the other NHLers.

Last edited:

Z40

High Compete Level
Feb 10, 2012
Detroit
Despite all of the BS that has happened, I'm happy I get to watch NHL hockey again.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Detroit will get nexts years winter classic and probably hbo 24/7 as well

Yeah, I'm sure we'll get what we were supposed to get...the whole production. The league didn't want to slap that whole thing together without enough prep time. I'm glad it will be done in a normal season. This season will be a sprint to the finish...no coming out of the gates slow.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Great news!

I'm really excited to see if Brunner has anything to offer at the NHL level. Just pair him up with Z and we'll see.

Brunner's final stats from Switzerland are quite unbelieavable: 33GP 25G 32A 57PTS. By far the most points per game in the league even with the other NHLers.

I'm hoping they make sure to get Brunner on the roster, even if it means buying someone out. He's one of the few guys they have that could provide a real burst, and they'll need it. Especially if he can stick with Z and get him going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad