Lockout Reported Over! 6 year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lanny MacDonald*

go kim johnsson said:
This is going to put added pressure on teams with their marketing. No more excuses on why all 30 teams are not profitable. This is their bed they are making and now they can't blame everyone else for their mistakes.

This is going to put pressure on ALL parties to market the game. The teams have a responsibility and so do the players. Everyone gets blamed now if money isn't made, no outs for anyone.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
McKenzie just confirmed it on sportcenter. Details added to first part of thread.

barnburner

Apr 23, 2004
go kim johnsson said:
This is going to put added pressure on teams with their marketing. No more excuses on why all 30 teams are not profitable. This is their bed they are making and now they can't blame everyone else for their mistakes.

Nothing wrong with that. Now that they have an environment that gives every team an opportunity to compete without going broke, any team that can't cut it, deserves to fall by the wayside.

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
Sid's gonna play on the "NHL" franchise, on a line with Bob Bannerman and Jim Gregory.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
avalanche_country said:
this is the most lock happy message board I have ever seen ....

8 locks on the first page :biglaugh:

it aint done till there is a press conference

or unti TSN says so.

So far, TSN says the deal will be done but it isn't done yet...

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
JWI19 said:
players to have a conference call at noon to vote on the deal (fan 590)

huh? They are supposed to vote on a 600 page document a couple of hours after it is written? I thought only the US congress worked that way

bcrt2000

Feb 17, 2005
i hate stickys, i usually ignore them because theres 4-5 other stickys at the top of the forums.. ah well

gord & bob mckenzie headed sportscentre at 11, they just gave a run down of everything we know about the CBA so far (including latest cap numbers they've heard being 21.5M-39M).. and that the players can extend the deal to a 7th year

Vic Rattlehead*

go kim johnsson said:
or unti TSN says so.

So far, TSN says the deal will be done but it isn't done yet...

On sportscenter, McKenzie said there were some minor secondary issues that should be done today, and that there is an excellent chance the deal will be done today.

Motown Beatdown

Need a slump buster
Mar 5, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
kasper11 said:
huh? They are supposed to vote on a 600 page document a couple of hours after it is written? I thought only the US congress worked that way

Thats what they said, i like DR said in another thread, how do you have a conference call with 600 players?

I think they meant to say the team reps will have a conference call. But who knows :dunno:

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
JWI19 said:
players to have a conference call at noon to vote on the deal (fan 590)

According to the front page of sportsnet.ca
The NHLPA has scheduled a noon ET conference call with the player reps to discuss the details of the impending deal.

so it is not for a vote, that will probably happen in a few days.

bcrt2000

Feb 17, 2005
i'm guessing the CBA will be posted online within hours of it's completion-- its the only way everyone in the league can digest the information in a timely manner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad