Lockout pay reduced 50%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mat

tritone said:
This is horrible news. oh my , how ever will the poor players live on a mere FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS a month ? I feel so bad for them , it's a travesty I say , a travesty ! It's all the owners' fault , yes that's right, how dare the owners try to lockout the PRODUCT of the NHL just because the owners aren't making enough money . Think about the players , the hardship of living on a salary that could buy my car every month cash . Triple my salary is what these poor guys are making during the lockout!?!?!? Yup, I really do feel sorry for them now. Hard times, hard times

i seriously hope you dont believe that crap the owners spew about not making money
last time i checked they were all multi-millionaires and in some cases billionaires

Mat

struckmatch said:
If Goodenow still thinks the owners are going to cave in, he's a delusional moron who should be tarred and feather at next year's All-Star game.

the owners will cave after replacement players horribly fail; when noone sponsors the game, it loses tv slots, and noones buying tickets in the big cities

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Mat said:
the owners will cave after replacement players horribly fail; when noone sponsors the game, it loses tv slots, and noones buying tickets in the big cities

Goodenow? Is that you?

gretzky99

Mat said:

Thats pretty ridiculous. So, you think the owners will go ahead with replacement players (Something they may do) and it will "horribly fail", and I guess they would lose a vast sum of money. So these owners, that just lost a lot of money as you suggest, are going to then turn around (With less money then before) and offer the players a free market system (something they claimed they couldn't afford)? Your logic does not make sense. If indeed the owners go with replacement players and the idea fales, where/why would the owners take another chance at caving into the players (As the owners KNOW from experience they will lose more money).

SedinFan*

Mat said:

Other way around. People will support the replacement players, and players will cross eventually. I however don't believe it'll come down to replacement players.

garry1221

Mar 13, 2003
Walled Lake, Mi
Visit site
Mat said:
i seriously hope you dont believe that crap the owners spew about not making money
last time i checked they were all multi-millionaires and in some cases billionaires

yes, they're multi million/billionaires. one thing about that... does the fact they've got more money than many of us can even think of earning total in our lives mean that they should throw all their hard earned money into a hockey team, when a great deal of teams are showing in the red? is that the move a wise businessman takes? it doesn't matter how much money they make in other business ventures. that is completely irrelevant. what matters is the money they make from the franchise they own.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Mat said:

Even if that happened... Would you want to see that happen? Or would you want to see the players pull their heads out of their asses and get a deal done?

nyrmessier011

Feb 9, 2005
Charlotte/NYC
Scugs said:
Even if that happened... Would you want to see that happen? Or would you want to see the players pull their heads out of their asses and get a deal done?

We have already seen the second happen. 24% rollback, agreement to salary cap in 40's. Time for owners to cave a little and they will to save there franchise values.

Bulldog fan

Timmy Dogs Alum 1999
Nov 5, 2004
101York Bld Hamilton
Mat said:
They are million and billionaires, but not from money made by owning a NHL team. They had that money before purchasing the NHL tax write-off ;) .

Dynamic

Dec 21, 2004
Edmonton
Mat said:

LOL.......ok.......So these owners somehow became rich by throwing money away at losing enterprises. Right now being a owner makes NO sense to any owner.

ResidentAlien*

tritone said:
This is horrible news. oh my , how ever will the poor players live on a mere FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS a month ? I feel so bad for them , it's a travesty I say , a travesty ! It's all the owners' fault , yes that's right, how dare the owners try to lockout the PRODUCT of the NHL just because the owners aren't making enough money . Think about the players , the hardship of living on a salary that could buy my car every month cash . Triple my salary is what these poor guys are making during the lockout!?!?!? Yup, I really do feel sorry for them now. Hard times, hard times

lol..I feel sorry for you driving a piece of crap car and making 1600.00 a month.
just kidding..but you really are being a little melodramatic. It's all relative, just because they make 3 times as much as you, doenst mean they drive a junky old car and live in a van down by the river.
I dont see it as that big of a deal..for either side of this. If anything I sense we are getting closer to the end of it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad