Confirmed with Link: Locker Room Exit Interviews Monday May 6 (Players and Keefe) + Pelley/Shanny/Tre on Friday VIDEO LINK PG 57

Will Keefe be fired next week?

• Yes

Votes: 293 85.9%
  • No

Votes: 48 14.1%

• Total voters

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Both records are pathetic
Elimination games have been meh. They have come from behind to force a Game 7 a few times. It is brutal when they are leading and have a chance to eliminate

Winner takes all has been atrocious.

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
Elimination games have been meh. They have come from behind to force a Game 7 a few times. It is brutal when they are leading and have a chance to eliminate

Winner takes all has been atrocious.
Both records are bad. They were better off packing it in on BOS comebacks , we may have a different core today

Reactions: Jojalu

JohnnyBerts

Oct 30, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
If I were to dream up a defense of Keefe, I believe this team isn't really built for playoff success ever since they gave Johnny T 11mill and handcuffed themselves from putting together a proper roster. So with one year left on his deal and an important season coming up for potential roster changes, I would care more about re-signing Marner or signing and trading him, and lining up the proper moves next year for Tavares coming off the books. Those are critical moves. Then the coach would be my priority.

With that said, that power play was horrendous and it never showed any signs of improving or adapting. I don't know how you can keep your job with that level of incompetence on special teams. They nearly won a 7 game series with the worst power play I've ever seen. It's truly unbelievable.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
They aren't going to commit to anything lol. They will give the old "we will take our time and go through all the different option etc", and just give cookie cutter answers.

People expecting any dramatic things to be said by the players or management hasn't watched how MLSE has operated these past years. Maybe some more accountability by the players for this past season would have been nice, but these locker room exits interviews etc are useless.
Last year's Dubas and Shanny pressers were pretty interesting. If it is a Friday news dump there will be something they want to cool off over the weekend.

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
Last year's Dubas and Shanny pressers were pretty interesting. If it is a Friday news dump there will be something they want to cool off over the weekend.
honestly the more I think about it, the more I think that Mclusky guy on twitter is right

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Except that he wasn't, and by claiming that he was you are merely demonstrating that you do not understand what the word means.
Was sympathetic to germany (as many in america were) but also build factories and sold cars to the soviet union. Run of the mill capitalist.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I read somewhere that Marner said something about 1st round exit, adversity etc., that they "learned a lot" from it. If I was a reporter, I'd love to ask him what he learned this time that he didn't learn from all the previous 1st round exits and adversity they've faced.
The tickets for Game 7 is more expensive than regular season.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Its all comes down to leadership for me..

Morgan Rielly should be wearing the "C" and Willy and "A" and be out front for the Leafs ..

In terms of players like Matthews and Marner their NMC clauses should = No More Comments (sort of like when people are forced to sign non disclosure agreements when organizations don't want someone commenting on internal affairs).

We saw this play out yesterday when JT commented on "right there" and Mo Riells disagrees with his captain.

At the start of locker room cleanout day, Leafs captain John Tavares stated that the team is "right there". This is a sentiment that is not shared by Morgan Rielly.

Rielly was under no misconceptions about what the Leafs left on the table in Game 7, blowing a golden opportunity to beat the Bruins in regulation after William Nylander opened the scoring in the 3rd period. Unfortunately, when the Leafs surrendered the lead and gave the Bruins second life just 1:21 later, it became very clear that this team isn't as prepared to go deep as many thought when they had erased a 3-1 deficit to force Game 7.

"I don't want to stand here and say we are on the doorstep of anything because we're standing here again today So how close are we? I don't know, we'll see. It seems both obtainable and a ways away." Morgan Rielly
Rielly is right... also if Matthews, Marner and Nylander all get significant raises, we probably are in a worse spot then the last 6 years. Same group but even less money to surround the core with anything.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
They aren't going to commit to anything lol. They will give the old "we will take our time and go through all the different option etc", and just give cookie cutter answers.

People expecting any dramatic things to be said by the players or management hasn't watched how MLSE has operated these past years. Maybe some more accountability by the players for this past season would have been nice, but these locker room exits interviews etc are useless.
In fairness there was a decent amount of fireworks in the Dubas conference last year

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I read it the same way and I hope it is true. Only one person should drive the car at a time. I also got encouragement of hearing Keefe had the option of skipping exit interviews. He is hopefully gone. Now they just need to convince Marner into a trade and then take the C from Tavares and we are moving the right way.
Didn't get league move away from Pres & GM roles ~10 years ago? It was pretty common back in the Quinn era, but I thought the world basically moved on from it

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Didn't get league move away from Pres & GM roles ~10 years ago? It was pretty common back in the Quinn era, but I thought the world basically moved on from it

Who was Pres when Quinn was in? Who was pres when Burke was GM or JFJ?

I dont remember. Quinn did coach and GM for a bit. JFJ was GM no idea if there was a pres, pretty sure he had full control just like Burke.?

GM should be the boss. MLSE has a President.

Zero1

Nov 11, 2021
I still want one of the Vegas guys here running the show.

Those guys do anything to win. This is the Toronto Maples Leafs not some small market team that’s just okay making the playoffs. We should be abusing every loophole to win.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
These morons will hire a new coach and run it back guaranteed.

And then we’ll find ourselves right back here again next year saying the same crap over and over and over again. I have zero doubts.
I could tolerate the same rotten core for 1 more season I guess. There might not be much they can do about them. If they stay on the road to nowhere beyond that then things change for me. As of now I've only lost appreciation and respect for the players, coach and president. The crest to this point has maintained it's grip on my heart. At one time I considered my love for the Leafs as endless, now i'm not so sure.

Reactions: ToneDog

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
These morons will hire a new coach and run it back guaranteed.

And then we’ll find ourselves right back here again next year saying the same crap over and over and over again. I have zero doubts.
I can handle another year of this core. I cannot handle them resigning Marner. At that point there would be no hope to win a SC.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
I still want one of the Vegas guys here running the show.

Those guys do anything to win. This is the Toronto Maples Leafs not some small market team that’s just okay making the playoffs. We should be abusing every loophole to win.

I've always assumed McCrimmon didn't come to Toronto because of Shanny's role. I'd love to see them get rid of Shanny and bring him in. That being said, Tre hasn't done anything wrong so deserves to keep his job.

Reactions: Zero1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad