Confirmed with Link: Locker Room Exit Interviews Monday May 6 (Players and Keefe) + Pelley/Shanny/Tre on Friday VIDEO LINK PG 57

Will Keefe be fired next week?

• Yes

Votes: 293 85.9%
  • No

Votes: 48 14.1%

• Total voters

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
The only way to get the goal tending good enough would he a high end prospect via draft or trade

Or

A big move for a current or formerly elite goalie

We need to allocate more cap and resources towards goaltending if we want to see a difference

Boston's goalie is paid less than Samsanov and was drafted in a round we take goalies in... is it their development that we need to invest more in?

Otherwise, this makes no sense.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Would Treliving target Markstrom? I mean we don’t need a young goalie, we just need a good stable goalie. Is he stable enough?
See, that's it. I THINK Woll could be the guy, but he gets hurt too much to know for sure. We really haven't seen enough of him to say "yes, he's the guy" without having a safety net. I mean, Ullmark is probably the guy to target, but Boston isn't sending him to Toronto unless it a deal they can't refuse.

Maybe someone like Markstrom could work, kind of like a 1A/1B.

Reactions: Suntouchable13

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
In all honesty, I think it's just the way he said it. You could even see him pause, looking for the right word, before he said "kind of Gods here to be honest." He's kind of an awkward guy, like JT, and I'm sure he is kicking himself for saying it like that.

The way Marner and JT speak, they'd f*** up a two car funeral.
Which is surprising for Mitch, given he's from here and has been here 8 years.

Almost like he's become gunshy in front of the mics and cameras about everything he says being taken out of context, because so much of it is.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Boston's goalie is paid less than Samsanov and was drafted in a round we take goalies in... is it their development that we need to invest more in?

Otherwise, this makes no sense.
Swayman is a top prospect/high end young goalie

They developed him and they groomed him to be their starter

Is he as good as leafs horribe offense made him to be? Of course not, but the Bruins had a goalie who is expected to be top 10 league wide moving forward

Campbell, Murray, Mrazek, Samsonov are all castoffs/reclaimation guys who are fringe starters. Low upside and not much ability to steal games

If our 40M offense core 4 were delivering results of a 40M core rather than 25-30M core then maybe our medicore goaltending could work, but they dont produce enough

Hugh Mongusbig

Mar 7, 2012
That whole shift, with McAvoy injuring Matthews, the no-call on the Marchand/Bertuzzi incident, and ultimately the Frederic goal, was the shift that swung the entire series.

Come on.

That McAvoy tackling Matthews happened in the 2nd period of game 3. Matthews said it was a weird hit in game 4 that injured him that he wasn't able to go in games 5 and 6. He had been held pointless in 3 of the first 4 games, before that hit happened.

In the 5 games Matthews played, he was held pointless in 3. (totally ineffective 60% of the time)
in the 7 games Marner played, he was held pointless in 4. (totally ineffective 57% of the time)
in the 7 games Tavares played, he was held pointless in 5. (totally ineffective 71% of the time)
in the 4 games Nylander played, he was held pointless in 2. (totally ineffective 50% of the time)

If you have 50%+ of your cap tied up in 4 forwards who have this much trouble scoring in the playoffs and disappear from the score sheet completely this often, you are screwed.

Add in having to play with a $3M goaltender and a hodge podge of other players. good luck.

This core is rotten. 1 or 2 need to go.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
You think that Elon righted the ship there? Jeez... The revenue has dropped significantly... Telsa is falling apart, though that was expected eventually... He's a snake oil salesman... all talk, no delivery.
Sounds like he could be a GM here. Shanny likes those guys as long as they don't go after his job.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Just Rude

Oct 15, 2005
If that report is true and Tre gave Keefe the option to speak today, it probably tells you everything you need to know. Keefe is going to be gone, and it'll be soon.

Why would you give him that option if management is speaking Thursday? You KNOW the first question Simmons would be asking is "Why didn't Sheldon speak Monday?"

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
He was hurt on the McAvoy hit.

The Leafs were playing well up until that shift. The goalie was playing well up until that goal.

It was a backbreaker that sucked the life and energy completely out of a building that was rocking at that point. The goalie looked like he was battling it after that point.

It was series defining.

Just Rude

Oct 15, 2005
Which is surprising for Mitch, given he's from here and has been here 8 years.

Almost like he's become gunshy in front of the mics and cameras about everything he says being taken out of context, because so much of it is.
I've actually found him very standoffish with the media this year. Maybe I just didn't notice it as much before. I know a lot of the media in this city can be assholish, but he seemed very short and curt a lot this year.

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
Keefe is gone. Good guy but this org. needs a new voice. Not only were the results not there (1 series win only) but the culture of the team is bad and needs a major shake up. Lets go here. New coach and change up this crap core

Just Rude

Oct 15, 2005
He was hurt on the McAvoy hit.
I don't think so. AM said it was in Game 4 and if you watch his last shift that night in the second period, he struggled to get to the bench. They even showed it on the telecast from an end-of-the-rink camera. He really looked like he couldn't put a lot of weight on his leg.

Reactions: wingman75

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Hard work is overrated for the omnipotent.
Kneel before me pitiful Leaf fans for I am the God of Shambles. You are not worthy.

View attachment 865889
darth-vader-alter-the-deal.gif

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Keefe is gone. Good guy but this org. needs a new voice. Not only were the results not there (1 series win only) but the culture of the team is bad and needs a major shake up. Lets go here. New coach and change up this crap core

He'll find another job in the NHL, best for both sides to part ways.

If you guys were still feeling down, a little pick me up. Senators are hiring Travis Green to be their next HC LOL, so at least we're not them.

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
Maybe it's just me, but I'm not 100% sold on Woll being the answer. I know Sammy has to go and I know Woll was coming off an injury, but he had some stinkers down the stretch. .884 SV% in March and April;

He's definitely got potential, but it's going to take more than a two-game sample size to convince me. The problem is, who is available as the 1A/1B answer, because you know Boston isn't trading Ullmark to the Leafs.

Looking at UFA, Murray and Sammy seem like the two best options and it's safe to say we aren't going back down that road. :help:
I really think the only thing between Woll and becoming an upper echelon starter is his own body, I agree that’s a lot to pin a season on.

Reactions: arso40

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario

If you guys were still feeling down, a little pick me up. Senators are hiring Travis Green to be their next HC LOL, so at least we're not them.
Is he the guy that failed in Vancouver?

Heard his name before and recall he was some what hyped once but didnt work out

What would make my day is if the Bruins lose R2 and somehow hire Dallas Eakins.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008

Loved Travis as a player, maybe the third time is a charm?

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
So the Leafs answer this year is to change the babysitter? I'm sure that will have a big effect.
Yes, that is sarcasm.

Just Rude

Oct 15, 2005
:laugh:

The best thing to do to clown the Sens is right after it's official, post that clip of Green pointing at the Sens bench before Tucker did his kamikaze routine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad