Confirmed with Link: Locker Room Exit Interviews Monday May 6 (Players and Keefe) + Pelley/Shanny/Tre on Friday VIDEO LINK PG 57

Will Keefe be fired next week?

• Yes

Votes: 293 85.9%
  • No

Votes: 48 14.1%

• Total voters

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
If the team are looked at as gods and they cant win a single round then why are we always talking about them like they are the best of the best?

Why does marner want top money wyen he is a normal everday player and not of the elite class?

Marner gives some weird quotes.

3 points in 7 games, but it’s ok. It’s hard to score in the playoffs :sarcasm:

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
If the team are looked at as gods and they cant win a single round then why are we always talking about them like they are the best of the best?

Why does marner want top money wyen he is a normal everday player and not of the elite class?

Marner gives some weird quotes.
It is the fans that look at the players as "kinda like gods" not the players looking at themselves. That is probably why "we always talking about them like they are the best of the best?"

As for why Marner wants top money, I have no idea. Perhaps he thinks he deserves it, but that is something you would have to as him.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
So you're okay with an .896 sv%? Or the Trent Frederic goal which destroyed all momentum? What a joke lol
Samsonov played below average for sure

But when Tuuka Rask (2X), Korpisalo/Merzilkins, Carey Price, Vasilvesky, Sergei Bobrovsky, Jeremey Swayman can all shut down the big 4 who are paid and talk like they are the best core in the league it makes you question why we allocate so much money, opportunities, and time to these 4 guys and an offensive - star player me first system?

The leafs core can realistically lose series to 2024 Sens, Sabres, Canadians because they can almost never dominate and put up huge pts in the playoffs

If we are blaming goal tending for the loss then make a trade for Gibson or Saaros and have money invested to gialtending + 2way D and forwards (change strategic approach of team building moving forward)

Samsonov gave us a chance to win games 3 4 and 7 if our offense did their jobs.

The offense was pretendinf for some reason the bruins had a deep star studded group who we had to shut down and matchup against.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
That was an embarrassment to our franchise when the fans did that then. It would be an embarrassment again if it happened to Mitch
Larry Murphy was a excellent D man, but not during his Leaf tenure, he had a wonderful career in Detroit after he was traded, perhaps Marner can find success elsewhere too……..

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Shooting from the point is a low percentage way to score goals, with no correlation to team success.... it's not a necessity.
I like to have as many tools in my toolbox when doing a job, better to have them and not need them than to need them and not have them, just saying……..

tuckerintensity

armed with will and determination
Jul 16, 2022
So you’d like the Leafs to extend Marner for Nylander money after 3 points in 7 playoff games? I can’t believe this stuff is coming from someone with a Tucker avatar. I’d take Tucker over Marner any day.
Err... I just confirmed that the days of four forwards making that much are just about over, if you'd like to have a different discussion, sure. There are plenty of Marner threads.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
BT just made a stupid move. Half the comments Keefe has made since the loss have been idiotic. Why allow him to shame the organization more.. Tell him don't bother. Fire him and move on.

The fact Keefe told the press what BT told him about exits is fire worthy. Ffs what a dumb organization
Well, his mentor was Boy Wonder……..

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
So you're okay with an .896 sv%? Or the Trent Frederic goal which destroyed all momentum? What a joke lol
I pretty much expect a $3M goalie to have sv% around .900 if the team isn't 100% focused on playing their best defensive game.

Yea, that Trent Frederic goal destroyed all momentum, we were practically scoring at will before that back breaker.

Let me ask you, do you think that back breaker was worse than the one Campbell let in against Montreal or the one Andersen let in against CBJ.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
It is the fans that look at the players as "kinda like gods" not the players looking at themselves. That is probably why "we always talking about them like they are the best of the best?"

As for why Marner wants top money, I have no idea. Perhaps he thinks he deserves it, but that is something you would have to as him.
Marner should come out and say the core 4 are just everday players, we arent anything special and dont put expectations on us.

If Expecting a series win in year 9 vs that boston team is "treating the player kinda like gods" then we should just adjust everything going forward

1) pure defensive/grinding system where no one line plays more than 15/16 mins a game
2) No advertising deals allowed for these guys. They arent gods, dont need the publicity
3) No signing bonuses offered any more
4) No NMC or trade protection offered any more
5) 2 unit PP split equally
6) Coaches decides the lines not the players

Marner gets his wish, people stop treating him and the others like Gods, they see a fall of in regular season counting stats and hype league wide, and people will not be expecting playoffs anymore taking pressure of of him and the others

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
But I thought the 11m was because he was above that. I thought he was paid great sums of money because he has a special game breaking ability that is super rare.
1715019893617.gif

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Marner should come out and say the core 4 are just everday players, we arent anything special and dont put expectations on us.

If Expecting a series win in year 9 vs that boston team is "treating the player kinda like gods" then we should just adjust everything going forward

1) pure defensive/grinding system
2) No advertising deals allowed four these guys. They arent gods, dont need the publicity
3) No signing bonuses offered any more
4) No NMC or trade protection offered any more
5) 2 unit PP split equally
6) Coaches decides the lines not the players

Marner gets his wish, people stop treating him and the others like Gods, they see a fall of in regular season counting stats and hype league wide, and people will not be expecting playoffs anymore taking pressure of of him and the others
Maybe he should though that would bring out its own complaints.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
This has been this way since they became a big corporation.

As I said, we need a U.S owner with deep pockets to buy the team. Someone who can sign the $3B cheque and not think twice. "Here's a tip".

At the very least, someone who will buy 51% of the team and run it with impunity.

Keefe has to take responsibility for Marners mistakes? This is absurd. The guy avoids checks, is afraid of the contact. He will never be a playoff performer. Was it also Keefes coaching that caused Marner to flip the puck out of the arena when no one was around him against the Habs? They scored on the PP and the series was over.

What needs to be done now should have been done three years ago. I know from first hand experience in life that avoiding the inevitable just makes it worse and one wastes their years.

Run the team like you want to win. Professionally, but with a focus that everyone must get on board with. This is a non-negotiable in any team I would run, from the water boy to the all-star centre.

A culture of winning demands far more than some are willing to give. It goes beyond one or two guys.
I agree, the ownership being two conglomerates isn’t good, and a deep pocketed single owner would be better, anyone know Elon’s phone number?

• Haha
Reactions: Leafsfan74

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Samsonov played below average for sure

But when Tuuka Rask (2X), Korpisalo/Merzilkins, Carey Price, Vasilvesky, Sergei Bobrovsky, Jeremey Swayman can all shut down the big 4 who are paid and talk like they are the best core in the league it makes you question why we allocate so much money, opportunities, and time to these 4 guys and an offensive - star player me first system?

The leafs core can realistically lose series to 2024 Sens, Sabres, Canadians because they can almost never dominate and put up huge pts in the playoffs

If we are blaming goal tending for the loss then make a trade for Gibson or Saaros and have money invested to gialtending + 2way D and forwards (change strategic approach of team building moving forward)

Samsonov gave us a chance to win games 3 4 and 7 if our offense did their jobs.

The offense was pretendinf for some reason the bruins had a deep star studded group who we had to shut down and matchup against.
Once again, I've been critical of the team in front as well. The goaltending isn't good enough neither is the offense.

Reactions: AvroArrow

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I like to have as many tools in my toolbox when doing a job, better to have them and not need them than to need them and not have them, just saying……..
Timmins has a very good point shot... just saying.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
He plays with more balls than most guys we throw out there, and he can QB a PP, and he has a bomb.

Likely doesn't leave Florida, too valuable to them... also, have you seen the D we brought in? Size > skill. He doesn't fit the mold.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I agree, the ownership being two conglomerates isn’t good, and a deep pocketed single owner would be better, anyone know Elon’s phone number?
Oh, you are looking for an owner who over promises, never delivers on time, or at proper quality?

Reactions: hockeyes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad