Confirmed with Link: Locker Room Exit Interviews Monday May 6 (Players and Keefe) + Pelley/Shanny/Tre on Friday VIDEO LINK PG 57

Will Keefe be fired next week?

• Yes

Votes: 293 85.9%
  • No

Votes: 48 14.1%

• Total voters

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
I hear you, but how can it not be a concern that our team built around a small group of high-skill forwards was so anemic offensively? And it's not a one-off, they always underperform and fail to deliver in big games.
Hey some people want to simply run it back again with another round of tinkering

647Hockey

May 5, 2024
I hear you, but how can it not be a concern that our team built around a small group of high-skill forwards was so anemic offensively? And it's not a one-off, they always underperform and fail to deliver in big games.
Due to the way the team was built, just about everyone saw it 5 years ago management aimed for a run and gun team hoping to win on pure offence. There is no way anyone would think back then the team is balanced.

Problem is they are stuck with these giant contracts, so unless the players waive NMC or find a taker, you got Marner and JT with another year at $22M. So the Leafs team will be basically the same team next year. They'll do their usual revolving door of swapping in $4M players in and out, but the core 5 (+ Rielly) are still there.

After next season is the key thing. Thats when MM and JT come off. Add in some random $3-5M contracts of other players that should be done too I'm assuming and the team should have $30M+ to play with.

The Leafs can load up on three $10M players, or spread it out signing more players to build a more balanced team.

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Which of our forwards is small and has a lot of skill? Marner and Robertson I guess?
Almost all of them who make over a million dollars in their play style. It’s not the size of the dog in the fight it’s the size of the fight in the dog.

• Haha
Reactions: Maple Leaf

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I think Berbube tops my list for coach. I want someone who scares the bench when need be. I miss Pat Quinn. Keefe doesn't survive the week as coach.

I don't think we see the level of change that we say when Shanny came aboard but I think it will be a lot.

Reactions: seventieslord

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Almost all of them in their play style. It’s not the size of the dog in the fight it’s the size of the fight in the dog.

There’s maybe 3 forwards with above average skill, the rest of them handle the puck like a grenade. We haven’t been a fast skill team in years, there’s more slow grinders up front than there are fast burners that can stick handle in a phone booth.

Reactions: TMLife17

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Who replaces Shanahan as president? Also, if you're firing Shanahan you might as well fire Treliving if they're cleaning house. Unless of course the new president and Treliving have similar philosophy.

If word that Jon Cooper wants to be a president is real, I wouldn’t mind that. You have a cup champion and lawyer in that role. Experience with a skill based cup winner. I wouldn’t mind that.

WillNy29

Jun 20, 2018
I'd expect Keefe to be let go at some point Tuesday or Wednesday with the Treliving and Shanahan talking Thursday. Likely a lot of buzz words and all that stuff without showing their cards obviously. It's pretty typical.

I'd expect Craig Berube to be announced as coach by the end of the playoffs.
can Dubas for Sullivan already?

Osmows OReilly

Jun 26, 2022
If word that Jon Cooper wants to be a president is real, I wouldn’t mind that. You have a cup champion and lawyer in that role. Experience with a skill based cup winner. I wouldn’t mind that.
Where did you hear this? That would be interesting...

Reactions: Kazparov

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
I'm not as angry this time around for some reason, maybe because I liked the character of the team more. We didn't seem far away this time, I don't have the pitchfork mentality.

We need a new voice, a better goalie tandem and another D man that can chew minutes AND move a puck. Couple trades and tweaks, I'm happy. Blow it up is nonsense at this point to me, this team is actually close, raw emotions aside. I liked a lot of what I saw, we have some warriors to build around too.
This team wont ever be close with 91, 16 as part of the cor

We lost to a team with 2 centers worse than 2013 Tyler Bozak

The core and team will lose for a 9th year next year if they are kept around

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
can Dubas for Sullivan already?

Sullivan is being protected by the PSG owners group (Dubas boss) as far as I know. Seems unlikely they let him go until his contract is up. If he was being fired, they would have done it with Reirden.

Reactions: Leaf Rocket

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
They probably got it. It was a tough series.

That is one of many possibilities.
They are almost all tough series with leafs losing 8 of the 9

Storyline next year will be if leafs can avoid going 9 for 10 rather than how clise the leafs are to winning a cup

We will play Boston or Panthers again next year most likely in R1

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
they think they were close
close is game 7 of the stanley cup finals boi
That is the stupidity of all of this. It was the first round. It's so infinitely far from success that I don't even see the point of doing an end of season media wrap-up. Just go away and come back for training camp. I don't need to hear the mindless hockey player quips about the group being tight or how much everyone likes each other. I don't care what injuries any of them had. Your job is to win. You didn't do it, so go away until next season.

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
I'm not as angry this time around for some reason, maybe because I liked the character of the team more. We didn't seem far away this time, I don't have the pitchfork mentality.

We need a new voice, a better goalie tandem and another D man that can chew minutes AND move a puck. Couple trades and tweaks, I'm happy. Blow it up is nonsense at this point to me, this team is actually close, raw emotions aside. I liked a lot of what I saw, we have some warriors to build around too.
Agreed. I think they need a new voice behind the bench if for no other reason than it’s time. Add a D that can move the puck and play responsibly, maybe one who can shoot the puck.

But overall, I liked a lot of what they showed. Maybe they move Mitch to satisfy those needs, maybe they don’t.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017

We were further away than last year... Woll saved this team from an even worse embarrassment.

I am not seeing all the positivity around this team that others are, they looked worse than last year, they just "tried" harder in some people's eyes I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad