Locker Clean Out Day 1, 4/17/2024; Day 2 4/18/2024

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
I feel really bad for Don, I do. He's a really good man and helped pulled this franchise out of perpeutal shit. He had just reached his limit with us. I hate when people are saying he was a bad coach or should've never been the coach. I think he was the right guy for where we were at the time.

But I f***ing love that Adams fired him before locker clean out and is making these guys face the media about it.

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
I feel really bad for Don, I do. He's a really good man and helped pulled this franchise out of perpeutal shit. He had just reached his limit with us. I hate when people are saying he was a bad coach or should've never been the coach. I think he was the right guy for where we were at the time.

But I f***ing love that Adams fired him before locker clean out and is making these guys face the media about it.
Agreed. Donny brought hope not just back with the players in the locker room but to the fan base as well. I appreciate everything donny has done for the team but its time to bring in a guy who can push the team to the next level.

Also glad the players get to face the music during the locker room clean out. Part of the failure to this season is on them as well.

newfiejesus

Sep 19, 2016
Newfoundland
We're at the point where each player should be armed with hours of opinions, tidbits of stories from the past year, a schedule of upcoming podcast/media appearances, summer plans, for today. There's no playoffs to work with, spend some of that energy towards being an industry and media production unto themselves.

13 years. Don't let one single person run away from it.

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
Is there anyway to listen/watch this live?
Don't believe so just the slow drip from reporters on twitter.
Only thing i found so far from Lance Lysowski.

"Jeff Skinner said there were no lingering effects from the Nathan MacKinnon hit in December.Health wasn’t a factor in Skinner’s second half. Expressed excitement to get to work on fixing what went wrong in his game."

Reactions: CaliSabresfan24

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Don't believe so just the slow drip from reporters on twitter.
Only thing i found so far from Lance Lysowski.

"Jeff Skinner said there were no lingering effects from the Nathan MacKinnon hit in December.Health wasn’t a factor in Skinner’s second half. Expressed excitement to get to work on fixing what went wrong in his game."

If that was him healthy, get the buyout check ready now.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
I may be nit-picking but Tuch’s comment doesn’t sit well with me. They are craving accountability? Are they not professional athletes? Can’t they be accountable to each other?

If that is the case, do the Sabres really have a Captain candidate within that room?

Eh, I read that as possibly saying the coaching staff lacked accountability. Obviously they liked Don, but maybe upon reflection they realize there has to be more from up top.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I may be nit-picking but Tuch’s comment doesn’t sit well with me. They are craving accountability? Are they not professional athletes? Can’t they be accountable to each other?

If that is the case, do the Sabres really have a Captain candidate within that room?
Do you want the players to bench other players and manage icetime?

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
Is that all there is to what I said? Peer pressure can be a good thing. A personality that isn’t afraid to speak their mind and not worry they are hurting someone’s feelings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad