News Article: Off the Ice -- Team/DC News and Notes

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
In Washington Capitals locker room, DJ Tom Wilson plays to please

Because of Wilson’s versatility as a music-man, and his playlists that feature a wide range of music, he's become a house-favorite among the Capitals music critics.
Forward Nathan Walker said Wilson is the best disc-jockey among the jocks in Washington's locker room. “He mixes it up. It’s kind of nice,” Walker said.
Defenseman Madison Bowey agreed, saying that he usually listens to Wilson’s music because of the diversity of the playlist and how well it matches his taste.

While many of the players enjoy EDM or R&B, some of the veteran players prefer older music and classic rock. Lines in the sand have been drawn.
“I’d say probably [Matt Niskanen] or [Aaron Ness] would probably have the best taste, according to me,” Jay Beagle said. “They like old-school rock, country… [I’m] not into techno beats or anything like that.”

“Holts usually has the game room and game mornings, until Ovi gets here,” Niskanen said. “When Ovi gets here, he takes over and it’s a little more different.”

Holtby said he listens to singer-songwriters like Bob Dylan, and Ovechkin enjoys techno-pop music.

“Everyone’s a closet Nickelback fan,” goaltending prospect Adam Carlson said.

I think I see why we underperform, and why Beagle has been in the dumps lol

Maybe we should change the "C" to "DJ"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad