News Article: Off the Ice -- Team/DC News and Notes

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I am burned out on the Lockette fad - I struggle to watch her, but she certainly seems positioned to get a promo.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Did we ever find out why Chenier was canned?

This summer, though, with Chenier’s contract set to expire, executives at CSN decided they should seek a fresh voice, although the decision didn’t become public until this week. Working with Monumental Sports & Entertainment, they created a new job for Chenier spanning multiple organizations. He’ll be a CSN studio analyst on pre- and postgame shows and other content, will sit in on occasional three-man booths, will do on-air work with Monumental Sports Network (including content focused around the upcoming 40th anniversary of the team’s only title), and will serve as an alumni ambassador and a representative for the team’s alumni operation

Seems that his contract just wasant renewed

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I am burned out on the Lockette fad - I struggle to watch her, but she certainly seems positioned to get a promo.

She sounds like she's reading a script all the time. Boring.

Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if Craig is canned next year like Phil chenier

Craig could get canned but I guarantee his daughter is here to stay. Hell, they might even promote her.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I always felt Jill S was miscast in this job. Solid reporter, just always gaVe me a soccer mom playing hockey reporter feel.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

That was my first impression. Wasn't she from Pittsburgh or something? Then she dropped this bomb when she left. I don't have any ill feelings toward her. Needed to be said.

Jill always seemed very enthusiastic about the Caps.

I don't see any issue with what she wrote. It was the plain, cold, hard truth we needed to face at the time.

Jill loved the Caps for sure. I don't think she regrets a single second she spent reporting on this team.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Gormley back to the Caps (e5) :sarcasm:

Chuck Gormley
@ChuckGormleyNHL
Award-winning reporter, author with 28 years of experience covering the NHL. Unrestricted free agent.

Marlton, NJ
Joined March 2010
Born on September 24

well i mean he is somehow out of a job after a year on the nhl network :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad