LMMFAO @ gord miller

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Kane definitely seems to be Dion's sucessor as Pierre's favorite player he constantly talks about. He must have used the word special to describe him AT LEAST 15 times today. I can already see the draft in June...

''It's the 3rd pick Gord and I CAN'T BELIEVE PATRICK KANE IS STILL AVAILABLE!!! This kid is a SPECIAL PLAYER!'':D

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
That was damn funny. But like Pierre said in his retort, he's been right about all of his man-crushes to date. Pardon the pun.

Maken*

That was damn funny. But like Pierre said in his retort, he's been right about all of his man-crushes to date. Pardon the pun.

Oh really, how about when he said half the GM's in the league would've taken Kessel over Crosby had they been in the same draft class? :biglaugh:

petrklima85

Apr 13, 2006
HAMILTON, ONTARIO
Doesn't really count as a man-crush, but Pierre told anyone who would listen at the beginning of the season that the Senators ''to a man, would not miss the presence of Chara on the ice or in the dressing room''.

Somehow, that just doesn't seem to be accurate, half way through the season.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Oh really, how about when he said half the GM's in the league would've taken Kessel over Crosby had they been in the same draft class? :biglaugh:

well the guy does have connections. Maybe people were super high on Kessel after that WJC that AT THE TIME some gm's would have taken Kessel over Crosby.

SpaceGhost79

Mar 8, 2002
''It's the 3rd pick Gord and I CAN'T BELIEVE PATRICK KANE IS STILL AVAILABLE!!! This kid is a SPECIAL PLAYER!'':D

t_5969.jpg

turnbuckle*

A great potential skit: Pierre McGuire meets the Church Lady

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
A great potential skit: Pierre McGuire meets the Church Lady

"So, Pierre McGuire, TSN. You've been having what some would say homosexual thoughts about a certain player from the Calgary Flames, Dion Phaneuf. Am I right? Who could have put these kind of thoughts in you mind? Who could it have been...? Oh, I don't know...SATAN?! And I don't mean Miroslav."

The Slap Shop

Shop Like a King
Dec 23, 2002
Visit site
LOL thats great. Reminds me of the First USA Germany game where he said something to the effect of.

"Leskand's arena is made completely of pine. It looks like they went to Ikea and got the Stadium In A Box."

I Hate You All*

Macguire was talkin how Kane could go no.1 overall, and Miller replies with something to the extent of

"Oh you found a new one? You gonna call Dion Phanuef and tell him you're breaking up with him?"

classic.

:biglaugh: What was his response?

JRock

Apr 4, 2005
Spruce Grove, AB
Lmao

Yeah I caught that remark that was so funny. Gord Miller and Pierre McGuire have great chemistry on the booth. They are enjoyable to listen too.

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Yeah I caught that remark that was so funny. Gord Miller and Pierre McGuire have great chemistry on the booth. They are enjoyable to listen too.
If the game is boring or a blowout, I still listen to the game, simply to hear what Miller and Mcguire have to say. They really do tell you things that you wouldn't hear on a conventional broadcast, because they both really have solid sources and solid research.

ArtG

Feb 9, 2004
Vancouver, BC
"So, Pierre McGuire, TSN. You've been having what some would say homosexual thoughts about a certain player from the Calgary Flames, Dion Phaneuf. Am I right? Who could have put these kind of thoughts in you mind? Who could it have been...? Oh, I don't know...SATAN?! And I don't mean Miroslav."

:biglaugh: :bow:

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
It sucks that Gord Miller has an awful voice when it comes to calling goals. He sounds like he's dying when he says "score".

turnbuckle*

LOL. That was good.

I was thinking more along the lines of Pierre saying...

"Dion Phaneuf is a special player Church Lady."

CL: "Well....Isn't that special!"

PM: "Yes, that's right - he's special. He's number one on my mancrush list. Tee hee. That's what Gord said...tee hee.

(Jussi's contribution added)

CL "So, Pierre McGuire, TSN. You've been having what some would say homosexual thoughts about a certain player from the Calgary Flames, Dion Phaneuf. Am I right? Who could have put these kind of thoughts in you mind? Who could it have been...? Oh, I don't know...SATAN?! And I don't mean Miroslav."

with Pierre replying. "Whammo!! He's my monster if you know what I mean. Yes, Dion is a special player!

CL: "Well....Isn't that special!"

PM: Yes... a special player, that's what I said. Whammo, does he ever go for the man.

CL: "How convenient. He goes for your type of man I suppose, the short. balding type. And who is bringing this debauchery upon you..now, who could it be..might it be.... Satan?"

PM: "You mean Satan.... he's a special player. He has really good hands if you know what I mean, ....sometimes he's my monster for the way he takes the offence. Great deep in the zone. Whammo!!"

CL: "And what zone would that be...might is be the erogenous zone?? How convenient. You and Satan are close.

PM: "Well he's my monster performer...he's special."

CL: "Well..isn't that special.

PM: "That's what I said...he's special. Whammo! He scores a lot when I see him."

It would probably go on for quite awhile.

Obviously my first post of the New Year. Nice to at least attempt to have a laugh in the midst of this sleet storm. Best to everyone in 2007.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad