"Little fella" & "Not Goodenough" having lunch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bicycle Repairman

Jul 1, 2003
Visit site
mudcrutch79 said:
I think what people are too gutless to say when they use it is that he's New York Jew who shouldn't have any power over the league. It's a despicable comment.

I've never seen mention of his religion. The reference refers to his physical stature.

I'm wondering why you see fit to mention his religion. Are you implying it in a negative context?

mudcrutch79

Jul 5, 2003
The Big Smoke
www.mc79hockey.com
Bicycle Repairman said:
I've never seen mention of his religion. The reference refers to his physical stature.

I'm wondering why you see fit to mention his religion. Are you implying it in a negative context?

No, I'd say it's pretty clear I'm not, when the next sentence in my post says: "It's a despicable comment." As for the reference being about his physical stature-sure. If the NHL had an African-American commissioner who possessed a stereotypical trait of African-Americans, and people referred to him by it, it'd be just as offensive.

Bicycle Repairman

Jul 1, 2003
Visit site
mudcrutch79 said:
No, I'd say it's pretty clear I'm not, when the next sentence in my post says: "It's a despicable comment." As for the reference being about his physical stature-sure. If the NHL had an African-American commissioner who possessed a stereotypical trait of African-Americans, and people referred to him by it, it'd be just as offensive.

Oh no, I read that part too. I'm just wondering why it was brought up at all.

And why reference another ethnic group?

Just seems like an odd comment to a non-existant issue.

mudcrutch79

Jul 5, 2003
The Big Smoke
www.mc79hockey.com
Bicycle Repairman said:
Oh no, I read that part too. I'm just wondering why it was brought up at all.

Calling him "little fella" refers to a steretype typically attributed to Jewish people. If you read that part, why would you ask me if I meant it in a negative way.

And why reference another ethnic group?

To show that it's relevant regardless of who it's about.

Just seems like an odd comment to a non-existant issue.

It's my interpretation of the nickname. Your mileage may vary. I'd suggest that no one who uses it would refer to any Jewish person they knew with that nickname though.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Madevilz said:
omg I love their lyrics!

"you are a slut"

SOME SHOULD STICK WITH HOCKEY
BHWHWAHAHHAHAa
Wow, this is pretty compelling stuff. Anybody notice in the splash pic the sergei has his arm around Fedor? I mean vice versa

Last edited:

BMRBruins

Dec 26, 2002
NH
mudcrutch79 said:
Calling him "little fella" refers to a steretype typically attributed to Jewish people. If you read that part, why would you ask me if I meant it in a negative way.

To show that it's relevant regardless of who it's about.

It's my interpretation of the nickname. Your mileage may vary. I'd suggest that no one who uses it would refer to any Jewish person they knew with that nickname though.
South Americans are typically shorter than average, so are Asians. So what...you can't call someone little fella because Jewish people, Asians and South Americans may be offended.

Can you call a short person "Little fella?" Or would you making some kind of social or political commentary?

mudcrutch79

Jul 5, 2003
The Big Smoke
www.mc79hockey.com
It's a nickname based on a physical characteristic that fits a stereotype for an ethnic group. Most of you here are bright enough to figure out whether that's kosher. (rimshot)

Of course if you wanted to comment on his bizarre interviews with MacLean, where he spends the whole time touching him, shoot. That's just hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad