List of prospects from each team who may make the NHL this coming season

haelwho

Mar 8, 2006
Boston
Quoting myself from before.

For the Kings, O'Sullivan should make it out of camp, Kopitar should be a midseason call up or will be in LA next year unless he wows in camp, Pushkarev will get called up a few times, Petiot will get called up a few times, Tukonen should get a callup, Kanko should get a call up and may make the team out of camp, Harrold has a shot if we suffer a lot of injuries to our D core (it's LA, easily possible), if LaBarbera gets traded, one of Brust, Munce, or Fukufuji would get called up in the case of a goalie injury (most likely), and Matt Ryan may get called up as well.

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
The only Wild prospects i see having a chance are Benoit Pouliot and Roman Voloshenko.

OMA

Mar 11, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I think Boyd is much more ready for the NHL than Chucko.

Really? I've seen a lot of Boyd in the Dub and I still think that he's a long way away from the NHL. I'd say two years out.

I've only seen Chucko at the Flames prospect camp and from what I could tell.. that's how far away he is too.

Truth be told, I like Boyd a lot more and think his upside is higher... I just think the timeframe is the same.

But who knows...

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
detroit:

Tomas Kopecky and Jiri Hudler would have to clear waivers now to go back down. They need to stay with the big club.

Valterri Filppula is the only other that could make it.

ill add this:

Kopecky = 50%
Hudler = 50%
Filppula = 25%

*at making the team

Howard = Will see some time, atleast 5 gms minn...

Quincey = if fischer comes back i dont think he will see more then a game or two, but if jiri doesnt come back you can bet you *** kyle or lebda will be the first ones back up

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
I think you "may" add Tim Ramholt. IMO, if he shines in his trainign camp he could push a lower guy out the window (such as Ference) in hopes of putting Ference into a bigger package for anotehr forward (top 6).

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
FWIW, I'd have a slightly different take on the Habs situation than CC. Basically there is one forward spot open (assuming the team goes with a full 23-man roster) and there will be one D spot open initially just due to Bouillon's injury. Every team has a #3 goalie who might play in emergency, but I don't think I'd call that "making the team" so Danis has 0% chance IMO.

At forward, it will be a camp battle... Kostitsyn would seem to be the frontrunner, but it might be unattractive to carry him with the team as an extra forward when he could be playing a starring role in the AHL. Lapierre or Ferland might be better bottom-line role player spot-fillers in that scenario. Grabovsky is another wildcard alternative to Kostitsyn. Younger guys like Chipchura or Latendresse could conceivably force the issue, but I'd say that is extremely doubtful.

On D, most people assume that J.P.Cote will fill in for Bouillon at the start of the season. Dan Jancevski could unseat him, or at more of an extreme stretch maybe Ryan O'Byrne could surprise in camp, although that would be a shocker on the order of a Chipchura or Latendresse making it up front.

Well said BG, you basically saved me a long winded post.:D

At this point I'd bet on Ferland and Cote (due to Bouillon's injury) being the rookies making it for the Habs, pending a healthy roster. There just won't be enough ice time available for the more highly touted younger prospects already mentionned. Those kids need to play big minutes, and play big minutes they will in the AHL or in the Q in Latendresse's case. No one will really shed a tear if Ferland spends 10-15 games in a row sitting since his career projection is 4th line/energy guy.

Senor Rational

Feb 11, 2004
St. Louis
For the Blues....there really arent to many roster spots open....so many of these depend (on when) current Blues forwards gets injured.

Out Of Training Camp:
David Backes (50% chance...will def get a call up or two)
Lee Stempniak (if he's still considered a prospect, but he will def be on the team)
Jason Bascashiua (50%)
Jeff Woywitka (good bet to be #6 or 7)

Cups Of Coffee: (all barring injury)
Carl Soderberg (every time Cajanek gets injured, he'll be called up)
Alexei Shkotov (3-20 Games in)
Micheal Birner (has a chance of gettin called up)
Marek Shwartz (if our goalies get injured .... like... all of them)
Zach Fitzgerald
DJ King (enforcer...)

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Phoenix Coyotes:

Matt Jones D (85%) - Highly probable to make the roster as a no.7 defenseman. Gretzky really likes this guy. AHL All Star last year, space was cleared for him with dumping Sean O'Donnell. Defensively minded so not really a factor in fantasy.

Enver Lisin (10%) is a dark horse prospect but may not even arrive in NA.
Bill Thomas (10%) will see action but likely to start in the AHL.
I dont know if these older guys are rookies but Joel Perrault, Patrick Fischer and Don MacLean are likely to see a few games each after starting in the AHL.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
philadelphia will likely not have any prospects make the team out of camp. it will be mostly on a call up basis

also, isn't wolski considered a prospect?

Belgican

Mar 8, 2002
Visit site
philadelphia will likely not have any prospects make the team out of camp. it will be mostly on a call up basis

also, isn't wolski considered a prospect?

Yes Wolski should be on that list, but I guess everybody thinks it's a given.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Caps

Alexander Semin (although I don't consider him a prospect)
Mike Green
Tomas Fleischmann
Boyd Gordon

Eric Fehr (really will depend on camp)

Guys like Schultz, Bourque, & Pokulok will probably get a few looks during the season
I'll tack on some figures.

Semin--100%
Gordon--95% (one-way contract)
Green--90%
Fleischmann--60%
Fehr--40%
Schultz & Co.--10% (doubtful but possible if they shine during camp)

Last edited:

Geogaddi

Book Hockey
Nov 2, 2005
Dallas
For the New York Rangers:

Jarkko Immonen: - 80% Will most likely take command of 2nd or 3rd line Center.
Greg Moore: - 45% Has a good shot at stepping in for Ortmeyer while hes out.
Thomas Pock: - 20% If anything goes wrong with D-Fense, Will most likely be first call-up.
Nigel Dawes: - 15% Could make team out of camp, will be first call up for Wing if needed.
Brandon Dubinsky: - 15% Again if any Centers are hurt, look for him to take on that role.

*Marc Staal:- 5% Will have to absolutely shine if he wants to make the club.

Last edited:

Lowetide

Feb 27, 2002
why are you even talking about peterson. he is not a prospect.

I was discussing MAP and Schremp making the roster. One of the players who may block one or the other is Toby Peterson. The 14F position with MacT as a coach has traditionally been a player just like Peterson (Dominec Pittis being the first, fall 2000).

I believe it is a point worth making.

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
No prospects making it in Florida, TB or SJ?

Can't speak for Florida and Tampa Bay, but San Jose has Matt Carle, Jeremy Stevenson (Think he is still considered a rookie), and Patrick Rissmiller who have good chances of making the team. (Carle has almost a 100% chance). I have also heard of Devin Setoguchi possibly making the team.

I may be missing a few names since I don't know as much about the Sharks as the Ducks. Shark fans help. :help:

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Calgary - Andrei Taratukhin (F) - We'll see him by around X-mas

My understanding of his contract is that if he does not make the team out of training camp; he goes back to Russia instead of the AHL. Thus its not really a "we'll see him by around X-mas", its "we'll see him right away and for the entire season or not at all". :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->