List of prospects from each team who may make the NHL this coming season

Gardebut30

Jun 8, 2004
Sorry to correct you, but Kukkonen is on a 1 way contract while Barker's is 2 way. The chance of Kukkonen being on the top 6 opening roster is 100% barring injury. Barker on the other hand...

I realize that, it was just a temporary brain fart.

SakicScores

Jul 13, 2006
BC
For Colorado:
Paul Stastny - needs a strong camp and be better than Richardson and/or McLean
Johnny Boychuk - needs to shine at camp

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Oilers

They Make It Unless Someone else shoots lights out
  1. Matthew Greene
  2. Jan Hejda
  3. Ladislav Smid
  4. Marc-Antoine Pouliot
  5. Toby Peterson
  6. Jean-Francois Jacques

They need to have a very strong camp
  1. Danny Syvret
  2. Tom Gilbert
  3. Rob Schremp
  4. Alexei Mikhnov
  5. Jonas Almtorp

Unlikely to make team
  1. Mathieu Roy
  2. Bryan Young
  3. Patrick Thoresen:amazed:
  4. Kyle Brodziak

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
Bobby Ryan is certaintly one of them, but also Shane O'Brien (Defense), Bjorn Melin (Forward), and Ryan Shannon (Forward) have a good chance of making the team. :)

Transported Upstater

For the Leafs:

Almost for sure:
Carlo Colaiacovo (Probably #4 or #5 defenceman to start the year)
Alex Suglobov (Spare forward to start)
John Pohl (Not really a prospect, but a rookie who could easily be in the starting 12 forwards)

In the mix:
Jay Harrison
Staffan Kronwall
Ian White
Andy Wozniewski

(These four will battle it out for two spots on defence. My edge goes to Harrison as the #6 defenceman and Wozniewski as #7 with White and Kronwall being the first callups)

Good chance of seeing time throughout the year:
Jeremy Williams (Fiesty sniper)
Ben Ondrus (Pest and decent PKer)

Outside shot:
Jiri Tlusty (Could play pro this year with the Leafs or Marlies)
Justin Pogge (If there's injuries to one of the goalies)

I think Ian White will win the #6 job.

And back to the thread topic, has anyone mentioned Jill-bear Broolay yet? He's basically a lock to make the Jackets next year. I'd be shocked (SHOCKED!!!!) for him to play another game for the Giants.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Caps

Alexander Semin (although I don't consider him a prospect)
Mike Green
Tomas Fleischmann
Boyd Gordon

Eric Fehr (really will depend on camp)

Guys like Schultz, Bourque, & Pokulok will probably get a few looks during the season

Gags1288

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Philadelphia
Stefan Ruzicka- Maybe the best bet among all forwards, but probably under 20% chance.
Ryan Potulny- If he exploded in camp, maybe
Steve Downie- Doubt it
Lars Jonsson- Maybe a decent chance, will play at points
Alex Picard- Got some experience last season, will get time this year

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Oilers

1. Alexei Mikhnov

I dis-agree LT. IMO Mikhnov is the best of our prospects in terms of NHL readiness. He's big (6'5" 230lbs.) can skate like the wind, uses his frame very well to protect the puck, is a very good stickhandler, and has a good shot. He's also just turning 24, which means that he should be ahead of most of our other prospects in terms of having played with men for many years. As much as I like Jacques, the only reason he'd make it over Alexei is in the toughness department. If Alexei comes over, IMO he's a lock for one of our top 12 forward spots. I also found it interesting that you have Petersen on the team ahead of Winchester. I can't wait for camp!!!

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Buffalo:

Paille - Pyatt's replacement on the 4th line
Paetsch - 7th Dman
Novotny - Back-up forward, probably start on the roster if Connolly is still injured
Thorburn (if he resigns) - Emergency back-up
Stafford - May make the team out of camp, year in AHL seems likely.

to a lesser extent: MacArthur, Mancari have a chance of making an impact

I concur, though Clarke MacArthur may have more of a chance than Stafford or Thorburn if he makes another solid impression at camp.

Paille should also benefit from icetime that would've gone to Grier. He and Pyatt both departing leaves a lot of room for someone who's solidly built and willing to go into the corners.

Lowetide

Feb 27, 2002
Oilers

1. Alexei Mikhnov

I dis-agree LT. IMO Mikhnov is the best of our prospects in terms of NHL readiness. He's big (6'5" 230lbs.) can skate like the wind, uses his frame very well to protect the puck, is a very good stickhandler, and has a good shot. He's also just turning 24, which means that he should be ahead of most of our other prospects in terms of having played with men for many years. As much as I like Jacques, the only reason he'd make it over Alexei is in the toughness department. If Alexei comes over, IMO he's a lock for one of our top 12 forward spots. I also found it interesting that you have Petersen on the team ahead of Winchester. I can't wait for camp!!!

Winchester's spot on the team isn't a question imo. If he isn't on the roster he'll be dealt.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
For Pittsburgh:

-Obviously Malkin if this legal crap allows him.
-Welch will certainly make the team.
-Ryan Stone has a chance of making the team with a strong camp.
-Carcillo: small chance as of now IMO but if he plays very well in camp you never know.
-Filewich: See Carcillo
-Lannon: if there are injuries then I can see a call up.
-Staal: If he has a huge camp he might have a cup of coffee before going back to the Petes. I don't see him playing any NHL games this season though.

David A. Rainer

Jun 10, 2002
Huntington Beach
profile.myspace.com
Kanko may get a game or two, but I wasn't impressed with him at prospect camp. He was actually very underwhelming.

Kanko did look rather average during the prospect camp. But he had a good season with Manchester and you should keep in mind that those players that play with a physical edge (Kanko, Joe Ryan) were playing handcuffed at the prospect camp as the coaches had those players pull back so that they do not accidentally injure any fellow prospects.

I actually think Kanko will be called up before Tukonen.

CaptainVenom

Apr 11, 2006
Chicago
Sens

will probably make it: Kaigorodov
need an awesome camp:Luttinen, henessey,Barinka
won't make it: Potluny meh, thats it I guess

SuperUke99

Oct 2, 2005
Calgary
Winchester's spot on the team isn't a question imo. If he isn't on the roster he'll be dealt.

If Toby Peterson is in the starting lineup there will be an uproar in Edmonton. Not sure where he would fit in with our depth up front. Especially with Horcoff, Stoll, Reasoner already penciled. I believe Marc Antoine Pouliot and Schremp will have to have terrible camps not to make the roster.

OMA

Mar 11, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
For Calgary

There isn't a lock to make this club. The top 6 d-men and top 12 forwards are pretty much set (barring injury).

Eric Nystrom: He's got an expensive contract to be a fourth liner on this club. He's also buried in the depth chart. He's going to have to beat out a regular to make this squad.

Brent Krahn: Mclennan is the backup by default and Krahn will have to beat him outright.

Andrei Taratukhin: Playfair has hinted that he's got a shot if he does come over. I still think he starts in the AHL, but we'll see him by around X-mas.

Good chance of seeing time throughout the year:

All the aforementioned guys will likely be in Calgary at some point in the year. Furthermore, it wouldnt surprise me to see Brandon Prust, Tim Ramholt or David Moss at some point during the year if we get into injury trouble; Ramholt being the leading candidate

Highly Unlikely..But you never know

Dustin Boyd and Kris Chucko fall into this category. Both are high profile prospects (for Calgary anyway) that are entering their first pro seasons. These guys *should* be key players in Calgary in 3-4 years from now but have a lot of seasoning to complete IMO.

I think I got everybody...

Transported Upstater

For Pittsburgh:

-Obviously Malkin if this legal crap allows him.
-Welch will certainly make the team.
-Ryan Stone has a chance of making the team with a strong camp.
-Carcillo: small chance as of now IMO but if he plays very well in camp you never know.
-Filewich: See Carcillo
-Lannon: if there are injuries then I can see a call up.
-Staal: If he has a huge camp he might have a cup of coffee before going back to the Petes. I don't see him playing any NHL games this season though.

To be honest, there were a few Pens games where I thought Welch was your best defenseman already. He's a stud prospect, IMO.

Transported Upstater

Highly Unlikely..But you never know

Dustin Boyd and Kris Chucko fall into this category. Both are high profile prospects (for Calgary anyway) that are entering their first pro seasons. These guys *should* be key players in Calgary in 3-4 years from now but have a lot of seasoning to complete IMO.

I think I got everybody...

I think Boyd is much more ready for the NHL than Chucko.

Lowetide

Feb 27, 2002
If Toby Peterson is in the starting lineup there will be an uproar in Edmonton. Not sure where he would fit in with our depth up front. Especially with Horcoff, Stoll, Reasoner already penciled. I believe Marc Antoine Pouliot and Schremp will have to have terrible camps not to make the roster.

Peterson is a strong candidate for the 14F slot imo. Doubt they'd have Pouliot or Schremp make the roster in that slot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad