Lines Today......

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
He refuses to put Debrincat it the top 6, just refuses. Instead he gets the idea of putting him with Lance Bouma, the guy with 29 career goals in 331 games.

Wow, what a difference since when Cat played with McDavid. He doesnt want the kid to score I guess.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
He refuses to put Debrincat it the top 6, just refuses. Instead he gets the idea of putting him with Lance Bouma, the guy with 29 career goals in 331 games.

Wow, what a difference since when Cat played with McDavid. He doesnt want the kid to score I guess.

Bouma's clearly a question mark on that line but being paired with a playmaker like Schmaltz will not hinder his scoring. Whether they get any help from Bouma or not is another valid question, however.

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
Let me parse the Bourma presence on a line with DeBrincat and Schmaltz for y'all armchair eye-testers:
Designated shooter, set-up man, net front presence... makes perfect sense... in Quenneville's hockey mind...

Actually, the much bigger head-scratcher is putting Saad on the Kane line, because those two have had virtually no history of "synergy", much like Hossa and Kane. It might look good on paper, but it's been proven it simply does NOT work on the ice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pomee

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Mixing guys and looking for an occasional jump start is one thing. Doing it just to do it effing stupid. A bigger issue than who is playing with whom is what are each of these players supposed to do when playing together.

It's so obvious that the coach cannot impart a cohesive game plan to the players. One only need watch the PP to realize this. Do we have a good system with players not good enough to be able to execute the system? Or do we have some very talented players being given a horseshit system and told to make it work?

Reactions: jls24 and Pez68

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
My biggest frustration, in terms of lineups/roster is Osterle. We are carrying 8 defenseman because they don't want to lose him via waivers, yet he never plays, ever. Meanwhile, the forward group could clearly use some new blood mixed in but we can only carry Kero, who's just a guy. I don't understand it. If the Hawks are so afraid to lose Osterle, why has he only played 4 games? How big of a loss can it be, if he can't crack the lineup more than once every 8 freaking games. Especially when there are several forwards like Bouma, Sharp and Panik who deserve to sit.

Reactions: Ted Lasso

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
I don't understand why some get so worked up over with who plays with who. Always remember that Q's blender starts as soon as the puck drops and as the game goes on. Remember the 19, 88 & 10 line? Some got worked up about that and it never really came to fruition.

If a game get's out of hand and things back fire Q will revert back to his senses........well probably.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Grasping at straws? Q seeing it all fall apart? Keeps pn blend g...

What identity is this team?

Ansser:

1. A Mess.

2. Leader less. ..Toews has abdicated.

3. Coutry Club...from Q...taught them not to play full 60 but tp flip a switch cause they had so many stars who could..now tge stars few and far between..cannot even locate tge switch ...the smell of Fail..and they know it.

4.No chemistry .Tge high priced stars cannot uplift the support cast of the lesser paid..and nd why should they when their primary function is tp keep cashing the big fat cheques at their banks.

5.The fading stars...2 and 7 aging and losing their former abilities. .and 19 ..cannot really call him a star anymore
.more like an albatross...Kane still is ..but cannot sustain on for as long a stretch as before...

6. Hits way up...so I guess we are now a "heavier" identity squad...you can say that at least .

7.Stinky PP ...not scaring the ops. ..

8.Seagger gone.

9.Still good defensively thanks to goaltending ...

10. A bubble team ...yes. .that ID our identity...It has sunk to that.

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Also to would like to see Hino, Dauphin, Kempny, Oesterle and perhaps Gus get some playing time but seems as long as Q is here probably not going to happen unless someone get's hurt.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I don't understand why some get so worked up over with who plays with who. Always remember that Q's blender starts as soon as the puck drops and as the game goes on. Remember the 19, 88 & 10 line? Some got worked up about that and it never really came to fruition.

If a game get's out of hand and things back fire Q will revert back to his senses........well probably.

Moving guys around is one thing late in a game when somebody's cold/somebody's feeling it. These lines out the gate? Yeesh.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Q clearly isn't a fan of Osterle, given he doesn't play him ever, yet he's on the roster because they (Stan) doesn't want to lose him.
To expand, I think @BK you are saying Hino isn't up because Q likes Bouma, which I completely agree.

But Osterle is up because Stan doesn't want to lose him in waivers, which prevents another forward from being up.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Q or Stan might like Oesterle. Q might dislike him or simply prefer Franson. Stan might just prefer to have Oesterle as the emergency defender and not have him take minutes from the kids in Rockford.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
To expand, I think @BK you are saying Hino isn't up because Q likes Bouma, which I completely agree.

But Osterle is up because Stan doesn't want to lose him in waivers, which prevents another forward from being up.

I agree there. They are hold Osterle for a reason but who knows what it is yet.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
My point is whoever they call up will be eating popcorn in the seats next to Kero and Kempny. Q isn't playing Dauphin/Hino/Fortin/Highmore over Bouma. I'd rather they all play an impact role on Rockford than sit here.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
These should be the lines:

Wingles-Kane-Sharp
Panik-DeBrincat-Crawford
Toews-Bouma-Schmaltz
Hartman-Saad-Anisimov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad