Lines for the 91 and 92 teams

Bryan Rust

Bryan Rust is my waifu
Mar 3, 2018
What were the lines for these two teams? Which of these two were the better team? Where would Bryan Rust have slotted in? I can't seem to find any info online about them.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Probably 1st or 2nd line on the Cleveland Lumberjacks.

Maybe he beats out Randy Gilhen on the '91 team and maybe he slots in for the '92 team when Mario okays Jay Caulfield sitting. Either way he's probably not getting a whole lot of PT. He's probably a better player than Troy Loney was, but IIRC, the Pens loved his size and toughness, so I don't know if he sits for Rust.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Damn. I was thinking Gilhen played W. Old age is catching up. I thought Pens brought in Hrdina to play 4C (and to mentor Jagr). Maybe Rust could have replaced Scott Young. Rust is more talented than Bourque, but Bourque was a pretty good grit guy during the two cup years.

theicebox

#MonixWatch
Jan 8, 2010
Pittsburgh
Any other roster lists for people who can remember this era better? I have always wondered about the specific line combinations as well.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I can probably figure out which lines they were from old tapes, but then I actually have to get the old tapes shipped from my parents place in Pittsburgh to my place here. I wonder if I can just find the video and just see the most common combinations.

Like I remember Errey, Trottier, Jagr being a line vs the North Stars. Also Errey, Lemieux, Jagr.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
90/91

Errey-Lemeuix-Recchi
Stevens-Francis-Mullen
Loney-Troitter-Jagr
Bourque-Gilhen-Young

You can flip flop Rex and Mullen as well. Prior to the Francis trade, Rex was stapled to Stevens and Cullen ... called it the option line as it had to do with them all being on option year of their contract or some such shit. And they mostly just swapped in Francis. Gilhen and Hrdina kind of split time as well. Seem to remember Jags playing with him when he was in the lineup.

91-92 the only real consistent spots were :
Stevens - Lemieux - Tocchet
- Francis - Jags

Lots of churn in bottom 6 with Trots, McEachern, Hrdina all playing. More centers than we knew what to do with. Mullen was hurt. 66 and Tocchet (broken jaw?) both sat for a while. Really amazing we swept last two series all things considered.

TheMalkinEra

May 1, 2017
The start of the 90-91 season the Pens had this lineup with Recchi playing some center.

Stevens-Cullen-Brown
Errey-Recchi-Mullen
Lonely-Troitter-Jagr
Bourque-Gilhen-Tanti
Extra-Pederson,Caufield

During the season, Rob Brown and Tony Tanti were traded and Jiri Hrdina and Scott Young were added.

Reactions: Bryan Rust

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad