Player Discussion Lindgren or Niemi - who will get more starts?

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
Hey,

I am surround by Habs fans due to where I live and my family - I'm the odd duck here.... anyway.

Had a heated discussion last night about who should be getting the bulk of the starts in net while Price is dealing.

I think it should be Lindgren - however Niemi has played very well while in MTL.

Does anyone know if they would/are leaning toward one or the other?

Also, if this is/was already discussed please direct me to there - I've done a search but couldn't find it (sorry)

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
Obviously it's Lindgren who should be starting. Why would Niemi, a guy at the end of his career, be starting now over Lindgren who we just signed and has a bright future?
The ONLY reason I would start Niemi more is because I want to lose games and I think Lindgren is better.

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
Obviously it's Lindgren who should be starting. Why would Niemi, a guy at the end of his career, be starting now over Lindgren who we just signed and has a bright future?
The ONLY reason I would start Niemi more is because I want to lose games and I think Lindgren is better.

I agree with you. Does the team seem to lean that way?

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Would have been nice to have gotten something for Niemi, but I think it's important to have a vet there who you can throw to the wolves when needed in order to not ruin Lindgren.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Lindgren will be a good backup in this league

I realized when he plays a lot of games he gets burnt

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
Lindgren will be a good backup in this league

I realized when he plays a lot of games he gets burnt
I think it's way too early to judge that... it's his first year playing in the NHL. Lindgren has the potential to be a solid starting goalie in the league, in my opinion.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Niemi is at the end of his career. Season is lost, so the answer should be Lindgren. SHOULD ... but this is the era of incompetence. So who knows.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
Lindgren should play 3/4 of the remaining games if Price doesn't come back. But since Niemi played at home against the Islanders after a 1-0 shootout lost from Lindgren I think that habs are leaning toward a 60-40 in favor of niemi.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Its not something that can be answered like that. If Lindgren takes the ball, and gets lit up consistently, you could lose him mentally. That's a possibility with the type of team infront of him. If that happens, he's gotta share the load with Niemi.

I will answer this by saying that you should give Lindgren the opportunity to take the reigns as the #1 guy for as long as Price is out, but keep an eye on how things are going, and don't keep throwing him back out there blindly if he's struggling.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
Lindgren was playing excellent when he replaced Price in the fall.....then Price came back and crapped the bed.....wonder how much better our season would have turned out if they just kept on playing Lindgren

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Lindgren was playing excellent when he replaced Price in the fall.....then Price came back and crapped the bed.....wonder how much better our season would have turned out if they just kept on playing Lindgren

Don't kid yourself price has been garbage but I doubt lindgren or niemi would have gotten us in the playoffs

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
I think that they have Niemi playing games so that they don't overexpose Lindgren to teams that could potentially rack up the points against him. They want to build his confidence so they play Niemi if they fear they'll be shelled that night.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

Lindgren came back down to earth his last 3 starts during that call up giving up 12 goals and losing his last 4 games. The whole team had an awful year, not just Price.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad