Larry Brooks: Lindgren considering leaving U. of Minn to come to NYR

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
he's getting good advice. the time is now to make an impression. before rykov hajek day get here. show the team what you've got. it sounds very much like hajek is going to be a good nhler that puts him and skjei right there for the foreseeable future. who becomes the third guy in the rotation? rykov day and lindgren are going to have to battle it out and earn it. you'll probably see one or two of the others dealt.

Good point. Hajek will likely be in the AHL next season as well but making a good impression on an ATO could help his standing.

What's the story on the kind of game he plays? My impression is a more modern defensive defenseman

Reactions: egelband

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
No, if he signs an elc and plays this season that ELC runs from 17-18 thru 19-20... Instead, if he signs an ATO and plays on Hartford, the elc starts in 18-19 and runs thru 20-21
Gotcha. I thought it would slide but thats first the recent draft class only.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
It's reported that NYR told Bereglazov that they want to see him at training camp. That being said...that was towards the beginning of the season.
Interesting. I mean, great if he becomes a player.
But the consensus seemed to be he was slow and/or lazy. And not particularly strong either.
Not a modern NHL defender.
But I do think athletes are very tough to gauge in just one stretch. They get injured. They have emotions. Any number of reasons to always give a second shot.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Interesting. I mean, great if he becomes a player.
But the consensus seemed to be he was slow and/or lazy. And not particularly strong either.
Not a modern NHL defender.
But I do think athletes are very tough to gauge in just one stretch. They get injured. They have emotions. Any number of reasons to always give a second shot.

I thought the reports on him in his time in Hartford were that he was pretty good there by the time he left.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I thought the reports on him in his time in Hartford were that he was pretty good there by the time he left.
Hope so. I was just remembering what people were saying during camp. I actually forgot he played some with Hartford afterword.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I personally don't think the ship has sailed for Bereglazov. But he definitely missed out on an opportunity to give himself the inside track.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
How can you even say that edge? He’s like 9th on the depth chart on the left side at this point and that’s being generous, showed absolutely nothing and can’t skate.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
How can you even say that edge? He’s like 9th on the depth chart on the left side at this point and that’s being generous, showed absolutely nothing and can’t skate.

Make no mistake, he's on the outside looking in at this point. But I wouldn't completely write him off just yet. At least not without seeing him in camp again.

But that doesn't necessarily mean I'm willing to put money down betting on him at this point.

mrmel329

Feb 28, 2013
I personally don't think the ship has sailed for Bereglazov. But he definitely missed out on an opportunity to give himself the inside track.

Edge, what do you see the rangers doing with all their left handed defenseman and how they eventually shake out. To me they could do 2 for ones with a team for a RD which is a big organizational need.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Edge, what do you see the rangers doing with all their left handed defenseman and how they eventually shake out. To me they could do 2 for ones with a team for a RD which is a big organizational need.

I think a trade is certainly a possibility. Buy I also think Smith and Bigras could see themselves shifted over to the right side, as could Day.

Not sure I see it as a big concern at this point, though the team would certainly love to add more RHDs to the mix.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Good point. Hajek will likely be in the AHL next season as well but making a good impression on an ATO could help his standing.

What's the story on the kind of game he plays? My impression is a more modern defensive defenseman

Correct but he has an underrated tool kit. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the offense comes around to some extent as a pro.

Even if it doesn't, he has a home as a 3rd pairing/PK guy. Almost a spiritual successor to Girardi, not in the sense that he'll go out there and play defense as a meat shield because he skates and moves the puck pretty well, but as that glue guy for that unit. He'll wear a letter, I just hope hes properly utilized unlike G was during his stay in NY.

mrmel329

Feb 28, 2013
I think a trade is certainly a possibility. Buy I also think Smith and Bigras could see themselves shifted over to the right side, as could Day.

Not sure I see it as a big concern at this point, though the team would certainly love to add more RHDs to the mix.

Thanks. Hopefully they can get a RD stud in this draft

Reactions: Rongomania

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
For what it's worth, I've heard from someone I know that's connected in the NHL that's spoken with Boston's scouting staff about Lindgren and they weren't very high on him at all.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
For what it's worth, I've heard from someone I know that's connected in the NHL that's spoken with Boston's scouting staff about Lindgren and they weren't very high on him at all.

Did he say anything specifically? From all that I’ve heard & read, it’s just he has no ‘flash’, but I think it’s just because he plays a real classic D kind of game, just something the B’s may have had no use for. We could use a guy like that though.. I want to see what he does in the A.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
This is a good move by him. I think he’d benefit more from the AHL/NHL (if he impresses in the few remaining games+preseason) than staying. Sure he could work on his offensive game but it’s not like it’s bad. We have some injuries now and he should try and impress the team when our d corps is weak. He’s a really solid prospect

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
This is a good move by him. I think he’d benefit more from the AHL/NHL (if he impresses in the few remaining games+preseason) than staying. Sure he could work on his offensive game but it’s not like it’s bad. We have some injuries now and he should try and impress the team when our d corps is weak. He’s a really solid prospect
I’ve always liked him, he’s a really good skater and can move the puck but is defense oriented. Not bad on the PP though and has solid IQ, very few mistakes. Would be a perfect bottom pairing dman with 4D upside

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
The Minny program has been poor at developing talent for a while. Just because talented players have played there and continue to go there doesn't mean that they develop it well at all. Brady is night and day difference between his years at Minny and when he came to the Rangers organization.
This.

The lousy development track at Minnesota is well known around the NHL. Time finally ran out on Lucia. Hard to say how quickly a new coach will impact the program. I wanted the kid out of there before Lucia got whacked. I expect Lindgren will need at least a full season in the A.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Corey Pronman wrote something interesting a while back. He said that some of the luster was off Lindgren’s star after the last two years. That spells coaching and development problems to me. It’s typical of the Minnesota program.

Separately, I went back and looked at some of the WJC games and I thought Lindgren looked fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->