Ligue 1 2017/18

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Emery today in press conference :
Question : Who's going to take the penalties between Neymar and Cavani?
"It's important to understand the importance of penalties. Here, many players have responsabilities because they have played great matches. (note how he has answered nothing thus far). It's not the same at 3-0 or 0-0. Cavani and Neymar will take penalties (erh, WHAT?). Other players can take them. (sure let's make it more complicated). We train for penalties. You can win a title with a penalty. (yeah, soooo?). Who's the first shooter? Who's the second shooter? I'll make a decision (so basically, you haven't decided??????)."

Next question : have you talked to both about it?
"I talked to them all week and before the game. Individually and collectively. Both players have to endorese the responsability (huh?), they have the capacity. What's important is that it results in a goal (well, duh). To know who shoots first or second, I'll first talk to the players (you've just claimed to have talked to both !!!!). We'll wait for saturday's game to see if we get a penalty."

Now that last one takes the cake. We're going to ****ing decide who's the shooter when the ref blows the ****ing penalty. :facepalm:
:facepalm:

And people wonder why I don't rate this guy. He seems completely out of his depth. :facepalm:
Can't even decide who's shooting and can't answer properly. :dunno:

This guy doesn't even understand himself. :laugh:

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Lmao.

He needs to tell Neymar to suck it up, Cavani will shoot the pens, Neymar will shoot the free kicks. It seems he's afraid of both players' reaction if he takes one side.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Emery needs to make it clear who is doing what. It won't torpedo their season but he needs to take care of it quickly.

Paris St-Brazil is going to run riot.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Wow, what an Ibrahimovic-esque goal by Cavani versus Lyon. Hey, I don't fancy him, but if he continues to score and play like that he's going to prove me wrong.

E: LOL at the lockerroom banter, egos will always collide. Proven by Powerman 5000.

Having an extra 5 goals via penalties won't get him a Balon D'or. Winning will and he'll need the support of his teammates if he ever wants to win a CL.

Incidents like these make me appreciate how humble Lio and Suarez are. They shared the penalties and never *****ed about not getting it. Even before MSN Lio was handing penalties to his mates when they needed a goal.
Blessing in disguise for Barca if you ask me. When Neymar cannot be the centre of attention, he goes on these pathetic rants even if Cavani might be at fault here. Think about it, who was more likely to confront who in the lockeroom? Of course it was Neymar going up to Cavani and making a scene. Then picture that both of them come from rival countries in South America who have a lot of history with each other (even though Brasil hates Chile more).

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Neymar has apologised in front of the squad for the penalty gate.

For some reason I don't think Emery is responsible for that :D

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
PSG should obviously get rid of Cavani here. There are dozens of him around.

Cavani is pretty fortunate to have spent as much time with PSG as he has. They should be able to get a better striker. Cavani should know better here too.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Wow, what an Ibrahimovic-esque goal by Cavani versus Lyon. Hey, I don't fancy him, but if he continues to score and play like that he's going to prove me wrong.

E: LOL at the lockerroom banter, egos will always collide. Proven by Powerman 5000.

Blessing in disguise for Barca if you ask me. When Neymar cannot be the centre of attention, he goes on these pathetic rants even if Cavani might be at fault here. Think about it, who was more likely to confront who in the lockeroom? Of course it was Neymar going up to Cavani and making a scene. Then picture that both of them come from rival countries in South America who have a lot of history with each other (even though Brasil hates Chile more).

Neymar used to get along just fine with Suarez and is a big friend of Alexis Sanchez. It's not about nationalities. Neymar has always been a crybaby about penalties, he did that a lot when he was at Santos (even got his coach fired once cause he didn't let him take a penalty and Neymar freaked out).

There's no hate between SA countries (there's some bad blood between Argentina vs Chile cause it involves the Malvinas/Falkland Islands war), but it's not like Europe where some countries really hate each other.

Anyway, Neymar won't play against Montpellier according to RMC Sport. He's a sore foot.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Peru and Bolivia still hate Chile as well

There's some bad blood between these countries but I won't call it truly hate. Lot of people from Peru lives in Chile.

-

Gonna catch Monaco v Lille today, hope Lille can put a good fight. They need a good showing against a strong team to gain some confidence.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Neymar used to get along just fine with Suarez and is a big friend of Alexis Sanchez. It's not about nationalities. Neymar has always been a crybaby about penalties, he did that a lot when he was at Santos (even got his coach fired once cause he didn't let him take a penalty and Neymar freaked out).

There's no hate between SA countries (there's some bad blood between Argentina vs Chile cause it involves the Malvinas/Falkland Islands war), but it's not like Europe where some countries really hate each other.

Anyway, Neymar won't play against Montpellier according to RMC Sport. He's a sore foot.
You probably know more than me concerning SA football. I might have mixed up Argentina with Brasil and Chile which have met in some of the SA finals lately and Chile has won all of them. However, if you YouTube Neymar Jr. and fights; 40% is against Argentina, 40% is against Chile, and the rest are against countries like Colombia and Uruguay for example. In this case, as I mentioned in my previous post, it was Neymar coming up to Cavani which caused the whole ruckus of a situation. And I absolutely agree that Neymar has friends with a lot of non-Brasilian South American players, but when push comes to shove, he's more likely to get into disputes with players from rival countries where there is a lot of competition history between the two than clanmen from the same culture.

Last edited:

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
You probably know more than me concerning SA football. I might have mixed up Argentina with Brasil and Chile which have met in some of the SA finals lately and Chile has won all of them. However, if you YouTube Neymar Jr. and fights; 40% is against Argentina, 40% is against Chile, and the rest are against countries like Colombia and Uruguay for example. In this case, as I mentioned in my previous post, it was Neymar coming up to Cavani which caused the whole ruckus of a situation. And I absolutely agree that Neymar has friends with a lot of non-Brasilian South American players, but when push comes to shove, he's more likely to get into disputes with players from rival countries where there is a lot of competition history between the two than clanmen from the same culture.

yeah the true is, Neymar is a very hateable player. Likes to provoke when winning and complains like a baby when things not going his way. I thought he had matured since his day at Barça he didn't get involved in these kinds of situations but I guess I was wrong.

A country that really hates Neymar is Scotland. Every time he plays Celtics things gets wild.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
El Ghazi with a great assist to... Jovetić. Monaco score on their first shot on goal. Lille was playing well, but what a brainfart by El Ghazi lol

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
2 shots, 2 goals for Monaco. Now Ghezzal scored. Bielsa crazy on the sideline yelling at players in Spanish lol

Monaco riding that unsustainable PDO since last season

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Falcao looked so god awful for Chelsea and United

I don't think it was a case of misuse either

Why has he suddenly turned into el tigre again five years later?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I wouldn't say Lille have been bad this season. They (outside the first game) have lacked creativity and finishing. They don't have a 9 on the roster and it shows.
Some bad luck too (see last game against Guingamp).

Young players will take time to get something going. Bielsa is the right coach for that and Campos the best scout in the business.
As long as they don't get relegated, nothing will happen.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Falcao looked so god awful for Chelsea and United

I don't think it was a case of misuse either

Why has he suddenly turned into el tigre again five years later?

Big injury tough to come back from.
He needed to play every week to get some confidence and rythm back, without pressure. Monaco offered him that and he's clearly back to his best self this season (after getting better and better last season).

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Toure with yet another great move on the Ghezzal goal.
Monaco are mighty impressive this season again. I have a hard time believing it. Makes me rate Jardim MUCH higher than his great season last year.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
I wouldn't say Lille have been bad this season. They (outside the first game) have lacked creativity and finishing. They don't have a 9 on the roster and it shows.
Some bad luck too (see last game against Guingamp).

Young players will take time to get something going. Bielsa is the right coach for that and Campos the best scout in the business.
As long as they don't get relegated, nothing will happen.

Isn't de Preville a 9? don't get why they sold him for another L1 side, there were some rumors about him going to Premier League that would make sense for him and the club to let him go.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Isn't de Preville a 9? don't get why they sold him for another L1 side, there were some rumors about him going to Premier League that would make sense for him and the club to let him go.

De Preville was their only scorer but totally not what Bielsa likes.
From as early as last season, Bielsa wanted Pepe to play 9 (even though he's always been a winger).
I'd say it's a very good idea, but without a plan B, a dangerous idea.
Turns out Pepe is lost at 9 for the moment. He clearly has the potential to shine there, but he needs to learn the position.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad