Pre-Game Talk: Lightning vs Jets - Tue Jan 30 7:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Well I hope Hutch is up for the challenge. Seems pretty silly to play in the allstar game and then travel during the day to play in an NHL game at the end of it. I get he wanted to play in it but he really isn't putting himself in the best position to excel tomorrow night. If he gets lit up he may not get another opportunity with this organization.

Should be interesting.

No morning skate. I hope the Jets are chartering a plane. No way to avoid transferring at a hub otherwise

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
No morning skate. I hope the Jets are chartering a plane. No way to avoid transferring at a hub otherwise

Yup. If he is traveling on his own he's at least spending 5 hours in airports and in the air. A charter would be better but I have a hard time seeing the team splurging on one just for him.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Yup. If he is traveling on his own he's at least spending 5 hours in airports and in the air. A charter would be better but I have a hard time seeing the team splurging on one just for him.

They also have Schilling Appleton and the coaching staff there

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I just can't see them having Hutch fly anything but Charter if they expect him to play tomorrow. Feels like a bit of a hair brained scheme but oh well?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Its also kind of funny that they are letting Hutch do this while Roslovic is still with the team, you would think they would have let both go, easier for Roslovic to play after a shiny game the next night as well.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Its also kind of funny that they are letting Hutch do this while Roslovic is still with the team, you would think they would have let both go, easier for Roslovic to play after a shiny game the next night as well.

Roslovic played in it last year. Maybe he was given an option and declined?

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
When is ****ing hockey back **** this ****ing season with all these breaks what the actual ****

And with another Stanley Cup playoffs in the books, @winnipegger settles in for the long summer. ;)

fry-frozen.gif

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
What a week. Tampa, Vegas and Colorado.

Back-to-backs and road games aside, I doubt we could pick a worse combination if we tried. Maybe Boston or Nashville in there would make matters just that tiny bit worse, but that's about it.

Anyway. I pray to God that Lowry is good to go. The bottom six has been incredible with him in the lineup. Kulikov would not hurt either.
We are at home, gotta beat the good ones to belong.
We will beat Tampa, Vegas and get loser point with Avs.
Our poor livers and clench muscles are going to get worked hard.
Sip you will see Sara all month and
every colour of leather too

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Looks like a big fu to the team. If he was starting no way he should have gone to allstar game. Doubt he starts tomorrow.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
So Maurice lied to the media this afternoon?
Didn't see that. No i don't think he is lieing. he wont get in till the wee hours in the morning. Should not have went once he found out he was starting tomorrow.

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
"Don't Be Denied"

When I was a young boy,
My mama said to me
Your daddy's leavin' home today,
I think he's gone to stay.
We packed up all our bags
And drove out to Winnipeg.

When we got to Winnipeg
I checked in to school.
I wore white bucks on my feet,
When I learned the golden rule.
The punches came fast and hard
Lying on my back
in the school yard.

Don't be denied, don't be denied.

Neil Young

My take:

Don't be denied, don't be denied the Stanley Cup any longer Winnipeg. :D

Go :jets Go

Feb 14 1896
Winnipeg Victorias win Stanley Cup
Winnipeg Victorias win Stanley Cup

It's been 122 years, were due... :stanley:

Reactions: ps241

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Didn't see that. No i don't think he is lieing. he wont get in till the wee hours in the morning. Should not have went once he found out he was starting tomorrow.

Apparently he's spending the night in Utica and will fly out tomorrow morning

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
It’s all very odd to me. Must be something I’m not seeing. Although the jets are all about being a players organization.

Still an odd decision to me.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
From Hutches’ standpoint, tomorrow is his second chance at an NHL career. Odd he would not provide himself the best opportunity of making the most of it by remaining in Winnipeg.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Not getting all the angst around Hutch playing the AHL all star game. He had 15 minutes of game time facing 15 shots and no doubt will be charting right back with the other players and Moose coaching staff. The guy has a chip on his shoulder a mile wide and good for Maurice letting Hutch call his shot at the all star game and then come back and prove himself. I expect him to be very strong in net tomorrow.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Not getting all the angst around Hutch playing the AHL all star game. He had 15 minutes of game time facing 15 shots and no doubt will be charting right back with the other players and Moose coaching staff. The guy has a chip on his shoulder a mile wide and good for Maurice letting Hutch call his shot at the all star game and then come back and prove himself. I expect him to be very strong in net tomorrow.

I hope so. Though as I recall the ASB is like the Rubicon between Good and (Really) Bad Hutch.

Reactions: ps241

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
From Hutches’ standpoint, tomorrow is his second chance at an NHL career. Odd he would not provide himself the best opportunity of making the most of it by remaining in Winnipeg.
all the travel and chaos can play in his favor also. sitting at home or at the arena for so many hours can get into your head. this way he shows up gets a good meal and shuts out the bolts!

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I agree with you. Just not a decision I would personally make. Probably why I’m not a successful athlete :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad