Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
19284224.gif

Jon-Stewart-Crying-at-Laptop.gif

Awww c'mon give Hutch a chance. He should be good for a few games.
He has a chip on his shoulder... maybe that can stop a puck or two?

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Chiarot-Poolman was a solid pairing.

110 minutes
CF% 54.8
FF% 57.3
GF% 66.7
HDCF% 64.1

Maybe this is Garret at work for his new client? ;) IIRC he always tended to promote an Enstrom Buff pairing as well.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Hutch may do better than people think. Definitely has a chip on his shoulder and will want to prove he is a permanent NHL goalie. Whether he is one remains to be seen

Reactions: SoupaTroupa

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
It's out of caliberation? The Jets asked him to be back-up and he insists on going to the AHL all-star game. Sounds like snark is perfectly measured.

They didn't ask him to back up. They asked him to start and barring injury or travel issues it sounds as though Hutch is starting tomorrow. Helle may not even dress.

Reactions: Ducky10

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Player audio: Morrissey, Myers, Poolman and Lowry.

Coach Maurice scrum topics: Health updates. Who is his goalie against Tampa Bay. On what the loss of Trouba means to the Jets. On the Jets depth being tested. Is there a benefit to the D having been paired together previously? On when Trouba got hurt. More on Scheifele’s progression. Any updates on Mason and Matthias? On facing the Lighting and Golden Knights this week. Has he ever had a ten game home stand? How many high end players can be out of the roster before he had performance concerns? Thoughts on playing games in Finland next season. Thoughts on the All-Star weekend. What is Hutchinson’s schedule look like?

To listen click here.

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
Helle will then start the next 10 games after Tampa I imagine based on the way the games are spaced with no travel. 9 home games and then the first game of the back to back in St. Louis. Mase/Hutch vs Dallas the next day and then Helle again to end the month against Nashville.

Helle starting 11 of the 12 February games.

Assuming that the above is all true I like giving him the extended rest here.

Reactions: DRC

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
They didn't ask him to back up. They asked him to start and barring injury or travel issues it sounds as though Hutch is starting tomorrow. Helle may not even dress.
Yep, but, I still think the Jets would prefer that Hutch had stayed with the team instead of playing the extra game and I still think the snark was perfectly measured.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Yep, but, I still think the Jets would prefer that Hutch had stayed with the team instead of playing the extra game and I still think the snark was perfectly measured.

If that's what they'd prefer that's what he'd do.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
If that's what they'd prefer that's what he'd do.
Let's put it this way, what do the Jets gain from Hutch playing in the All-star game? Absolutely nothing. Compared to having him fresher and an extra day game planning for the Lightning.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013

The Jets were not required to make this happen. Hutch must've wanted to play in the Allstar game. But that doesn't mean they had to accommodate him.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Let's put it this way, what do the Jets gain from Hutch playing in the All-star game? Absolutely nothing. Compared to having him fresher and an extra day game planning for the Lightning.

So then why did they send him to the All Star game? They didn't have to send him down, and if they didn't send him down he couldn't play.

Reactions: robertocarlos

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
So then why did they send him to the All Star game? They didn't have to send him down, and if they didn't send him down he couldn't play.

Not to mention, he took a pay cut to go play in the all star game. This line of thinking regarding Hutch is ridiculous. Hutch played well enough to make the all-star game and the Jets wanted him to get to experience it. It's still an honor.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Not to mention, he took a pay cut to go play in the all star game. This line of thinking regarding Hutch is ridiculous. Hutch played well enough to make the all-star game and the Jets wanted him to get to experience it. It's still an honor.

Actually he took a pay increase.

Hutch is not on a two way contract. He earns his entire NHL salary while in the AHL. The difference is AHL players don't pay escrow which is currently 11.5% so it was actually the recall to the Jets that decreased his pay.

Reactions: MrBoJangelz71

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada

Agree completely. I don't understand the line of thinking many people have on this topic. True North may not have any future plans for Hutchinson other than trade bait, but I still feel they wanted to do the right thing by letting him enjoy his status as an All-Star.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
pay cut? the guy is on a one way deal, if anything he got a raise as you don't pay escrow in thee AHL

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
Actually he took a pay increase.

Hutch is not on a two way contract. He earns his entire NHL salary while in the AHL. The difference is AHL players don't pay escrow which is currently 11.5% so it was actually the recall to the Jets that decreased his pay.

GREAT point. Forgot that part.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Well I hope Hutch is up for the challenge. Seems pretty silly to play in the allstar game and then travel during the day to play in an NHL game at the end of it. I get he wanted to play in it but he really isn't putting himself in the best position to excel tomorrow night. If he gets lit up he may not get another opportunity with this organization.

Should be interesting.

Reactions: Georgetown Al
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->