Pre-Game Talk: Lightning strikes tonight, 7:30 pm on TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Just a comment on how Boucher seems off in his comment compare to what his player truly believe.

After the game he was asked something along difference in approach because of the trade deadline and Rumor, and how it might affect the player.

GB : Brass has been scoring more.. LAWLLLL... I don't follow that, i don't even know the names that are out there, i can't comment on that. I don't see a distraction

Boro on the same subject : Yeah it is difficult. I've never seen this much named being mention..

It's not the first time Boucher comment on something and players are asked in the media and they say directly the opposites.

The other time it was against Pittsburgh where he said that playing PIttsburgh wasn't an extra motivation, it was about themselves only.

In the media Pageau said on the subject : Ohh yeah, it's always easy to get up and motivated to play against Pittsburgh.

It's maybe not a lot, but that's telling that he might not really understand his players feeling. Or that his message isn't coming the same way.

philb613

Feb 9, 2011
Ottawa
Just a comment on how Boucher seems off in his comment compare to what his player truly believe.

After the game he was asked something along difference in approach because of the trade deadline and Rumor, and how it might affect the player.

GB : Brass has been scoring more.. LAWLLLL... I don't follow that, i don't even know the names that are out there, i can't comment on that. I don't see a distraction

Boro on the same subject : Yeah it is difficult. I've never seen this much named being mention..

It's not the first time Boucher comment on something and players are asked in the media and they say directly the opposites.

The other time it was against Pittsburgh where he said that playing PIttsburgh wasn't an extra motivation, it was about themselves only.

In the media Pageau said on the subject : Ohh yeah, it's always easy to get up and motivated to play against Pittsburgh.

It's maybe not a lot, but that's telling that he might not really understand his players feeling. Or that his message isn't coming the same way.

The players do not like Boucher.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
Is the Dahlin and Hedman comparison accurate?

From the little tape I have seen of Dhalin, no. Hard to find highlights of Dhalin playing defense, but offensively he is very different. He looks very comfortable to slow the game down and make lateral moves, which isnt hedman's game. A lot of Hedman's offensive game is his ability to go north/south. They do not look the same at all in the offensive zone. Hedman's goal last night was an anomaly .

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
A quick review of my experience last night, this will be a long one if interested in some positive energy on our bad year:

So I have been reading a lot of doom and gloom all year on this board and throughout social media. With all this talk of a rebuild and the what seems like a very real threat to lose EK, I decided last minute (6PM) to check out tickets. Philly was still expensive and who knew how after the game could of went with all the TB rumours swirling around Karlsson. So I asked the kids if they were up for a late school night as I figured they should get to see him skate in a Sens Jersey at least once if the worst was to happen!

My kids, 6 & 9 are just starting to take a real interest in hockey after finally getting comfortable on skates this winter, we skate indoors once a week in Aylmer and have gone out when weather permits to the local ODR. They have really grown to start loving the sport and now half of my basement is a designated mini stick zone multiple times a week and there are some constant frustrations about who gets to play as "Erik Karlsson the famous hockey player" during their matches! Even the youngest has started being able to score some goals in NHL 18, which I find ridiculous for his age, haha, but lots of growing interest all year and really it all comes from Karlsson and I guess, my fandom.

So it was with the trade deadline in mind and my daughter never attending a Sens game that I picked up some 3rd level Row A tickets off of Stubhub with a parking pass and we rushed out to Kanata. There was no traffic...which had me thinking it was going to be a dead game again like the hadnful of others I have checked out this year, I checked out the Rangers game last weekend and it was packed but it was an afternoon game on a long weekend so I expected that but last night...barely even a slow down all the way to an actual parking spot, we wandered up to the CTC, took some great pictures around the flame and arena in the background, got through security without issue and ran up the stairs, stopped for some EK/Toews photos and moved on to our seats after a quick 50/50 snag and were in just before the opening face off. I am a firm believer that there really isn't a bad seat in the CTC and I was happy to have no one in front of us for their viewing pleasure. I think I was asked 100 questions in the first 20 minutes on the nuances of the game by my oldest which to me was amazing given her complete non interest last year, 1st period ends and we are off to find Spartycat(we did, and to my oldest's surprise he didn't stink like most mascots :P) and some timbits, we took the wrong left...and I was very happy to be surprised that they removed the Club Bell "wall" and we walked the whole concourse, stopping to take some more pics with the goalie and player cutouts and check out the Sens shop too for game day pucks. The Tim's lineup was brutal but I was happy to have the tv's all around so you can stay in touch with what is happening. We only got back to our seats at the 9:40 mark of the 2nd and hung out for the rest of the game.
Sparty made an appearance in our section and hyped the crowd for a bit, there was a lot of dancing and cheering all game from two very happy kids. They stood up in the first as well to give a very exuberant cheer for the Hero's Ridge official for the night (grandpa is in the military and is stationed out-Can) so they were pretty pumped to see the recognition! They even made the big screen playing the drums but the oldest tucked tail and ran to my arms and that got a good laugh from the arena which in the end she thought was pretty cool that she garnered a big enough response that she could hear it. The youngest rocked it out as well on the same vid a few seconds later and it just made me smile for their joy and experience. It was fairly quiet all game from the crowd but it had its moments and there were quite a few people there!
We high-five'd at our almost comeback and it was pretty intense for the three of us in that last two minutes! As a note from someone who was learning the game live, just like that twitter guy last year taking in his first game in the playoffs, when they pulled the goalie my oldest was just dumbfounded and had a million more questions, lol.
They came close and it was the highlight for the crowd energy for the game but in the end we lost and the kids were a bit disappointed but were completely stoked and really tired all at the same time!
So we waited for the three stars and headed out, walked through the parking lot and piled in and began the long wait out, thankful for in-vehicle DVD and it was a quiet ride home and off to bed right away.

So listen...we lost to one of this year's best teams and I fully expected too, but with all trade talk and team blow up, EK trades and Melynk Out doom crushing this team, I still spent the money and two kids had a wonderful impromptu night out and made this father really have one of those golden family memories and it's all because of the Sens and NHL are here in our community! So even though we are all fans and want the best and have been brought down by the frustrations of ownership and star player posturing and money and threats and just the STRESS of it all...take a step back and really relish the ability to check out some of the best hockey players in the world play on any given night right here in our community regardless of all the off ice noise.
And as for my night out and take on the 2017-2018 Senators is that even on the worst of seasons, real memories can be made and fans for life inspired.
So with that I will gladly leave you with a very real, happy & solid...
"Go Sens Go"

CTC

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
A quick review of my experience last night, this will be a long one if interested in some positive energy on our bad year:

So I have been reading a lot of doom and gloom all year on this board and throughout social media. With all this talk of a rebuild and the what seems like a very real threat to lose EK, I decided last minute (6PM) to check out tickets. Philly was still expensive and who knew how after the game could of went with all the TB rumours swirling around Karlsson. So I asked the kids if they were up for a late school night as I figured they should get to see him skate in a Sens Jersey at least once if the worst was to happen!

My kids, 6 & 9 are just starting to take a real interest in hockey after finally getting comfortable on skates this winter, we skate indoors once a week in Aylmer and have gone out when weather permits to the local ODR. They have really grown to start loving the sport and now half of my basement is a designated mini stick zone multiple times a week and there are some constant frustrations about who gets to play as "Erik Karlsson the famous hockey player" during their matches! Even the youngest has started being able to score some goals in NHL 18, which I find ridiculous for his age, haha, but lots of growing interest all year and really it all comes from Karlsson and I guess, my fandom.

So it was with the trade deadline in mind and my daughter never attending a Sens game that I picked up some 3rd level Row A tickets off of Stubhub with a parking pass and we rushed out to Kanata. There was no traffic...which had me thinking it was going to be a dead game again like the hadnful of others I have checked out this year, I checked out the Rangers game last weekend and it was packed but it was an afternoon game on a long weekend so I expected that but last night...barely even a slow down all the way to an actual parking spot, we wandered up to the CTC, took some great pictures around the flame and arena in the background, got through security without issue and ran up the stairs, stopped for some EK/Toews photos and moved on to our seats after a quick 50/50 snag and were in just before the opening face off. I am a firm believer that there really isn't a bad seat in the CTC and I was happy to have no one in front of us for their viewing pleasure. I think I was asked 100 questions in the first 20 minutes on the nuances of the game by my oldest which to me was amazing given her complete non interest last year, 1st period ends and we are off to find Spartycat(we did, and to my oldest's surprise he didn't stink like most mascots :P) and some timbits, we took the wrong left...and I was very happy to be surprised that they removed the Club Bell "wall" and we walked the whole concourse, stopping to take some more pics with the goalie and player cutouts and check out the Sens shop too for game day pucks. The Tim's lineup was brutal but I was happy to have the tv's all around so you can stay in touch with what is happening. We only got back to our seats at the 9:40 mark of the 2nd and hung out for the rest of the game.
Sparty made an appearance in our section and hyped the crowd for a bit, there was a lot of dancing and cheering all game from two very happy kids. They stood up in the first as well to give a very exuberant cheer for the Hero's Ridge official for the night (grandpa is in the military and is stationed out-Can) so they were pretty pumped to see the recognition! They even made the big screen playing the drums but the oldest tucked tail and ran to my arms and that got a good laugh from the arena which in the end she thought was pretty cool that she garnered a big enough response that she could hear it. The youngest rocked it out as well on the same vid a few seconds later and it just made me smile for their joy and experience. It was fairly quiet all game from the crowd but it had its moments and there were quite a few people there!
We high-five'd at our almost comeback and it was pretty intense for the three of us in that last two minutes! As a note from someone who was learning the game live, just like that twitter guy last year taking in his first game in the playoffs, when they pulled the goalie my oldest was just dumbfounded and had a million more questions, lol.
They came close and it was the highlight for the crowd energy for the game but in the end we lost and the kids were a bit disappointed but were completely stoked and really tired all at the same time!
So we waited for the three stars and headed out, walked through the parking lot and piled in and began the long wait out, thankful for in-vehicle DVD and it was a quiet ride home and off to bed right away.

So listen...we lost to one of this year's best teams and I fully expected too, but with all trade talk and team blow up, EK trades and Melynk Out doom crushing this team, I still spent the money and two kids had a wonderful impromptu night out and made this father really have one of those golden family memories and it's all because of the Sens and NHL are here in our community! So even though we are all fans and want the best and have been brought down by the frustrations of ownership and star player posturing and money and threats and just the STRESS of it all...take a step back and really relish the ability to check out some of the best hockey players in the world play on any given night right here in our community regardless of all the off ice noise.
And as for my night out and take on the 2017-2018 Senators is that even on the worst of seasons, real memories can be made and fans for life inspired.
So with that I will gladly leave you with a very real, happy & solid...
"Go Sens Go"

CTC

Thanks for a great post.

Was wondering, were there any fans who were expressing their displeasure with the owner? Chants, signs, bags of head and that sort of stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad