Confirmed with Link: Lightning claim F Chris DiDomenico (OTT) | Senators reclaim him

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
The first thought I got was that they're going to try him with Johnson and Killorn so they'd get an actual line mate. Even if that doesn't work he should be a nice depth player.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Dumont is the better player but he’s a depth guy, would rather have seen one of our own from the AHL brought up he is no better than other options we currently have.i.e. Bournival.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
DiDomenico is an interesting case...would have never played a single NHL game if it wasn't for Boucher wanting him badly. I mean yes he was very good in Switzerland but I'm still surprised how well he played for the Sens and how disciplined he was until now. He was known as completely crazy in Switzerland. Every player in the league hated him. Went berzerk more than once and was also a known diver. He's a fine hockey player but even better at pissing opponents off. I'm sure Boucher doesn't like to lose him.
Should be a better fit than Dumont who probably was a bit too slow for Cooper's liking anyway.

Reactions: dechire

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Shoots right, NHL.com lists him as LW, EliteProspects have him at C/RW.

He's versatile but he's definitely a right winger. He played RW for the SCL Tigers and from what I saw also mostly for the Sens.
Which makes perfect sense for the Bolts. Now with Paquette back it makes sense to add another Winger to the mix. Brown and DiDomenico can both play Center if necessary and there are also interesting Center options with the Crunch.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
We are thin at forward and with Walcott hurt and possibly Yan we are even thinner. Next forward on waivers we probably claim or I could see a small trade for a depth one.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
DiDomenico joins likes of Streit and Quincey on the all time Lightning greats list.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Let us all know when TB decides to hang Dido's number from the rafters.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Aaaaand-Its-Gone.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->