Speculation: Life After Bozak

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Brown is like "please play me with someone else.
Brown got worse playing with Bozak.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Sure, but it gives you another year to figure out a longer term solution, maybe even see if they want to transition Nylander over.

Conversely, if they decide to start the season with Aaltonen as the 3C and he flops, the team’s centre depth is screwed and now management is forced to trade valuable assets to fix it. Signing Joe for a year is just capspace (which the team has plenty of).

You don't need to figure it out if we get a look at Aaltonen now and he's good

Thornton isn't exactly a great mover either which doesn't mesh with how we like to play especially against the Eastern teamd

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
You don't need to figure it out if we get a look at Aaltonen now and he's good

Thornton isn't exactly a great mover either which doesn't mesh with how we like to play especially against the Eastern teamd

Depends on how optimistic one wants to be about him.

i like Aaltonen, but think he’s going to be maybe a 30ish point guy at the NHL level. I think there are better options.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
If I was calling the shots we'd have both Boone Jenner from the 2011 draft and Jordan Kyrou from the 2016 draft...There should be a thread called "If I was calling the shots"...going back to say the Kadri draft. It would be interesting...

I wanted
2009. Msp or cowen
2010. Kessel
2011. Jenner and Percy
2012. Forsberg
2013. I think mantha or lazar
2014. Willy
2015. Marner
2016. Matthews
2017. Lilly

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

i like Aaltonen, but think he’s going to be maybe a 30ish point guy at the NHL level. I think there are better options.

I would have agreed with you earlier in the season but Aaltonen and Johnsson have really picked it up as the season has progressed so he may be capable of more than that

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
I also forgot about Stastny. Could definitely be an option if he leaves STL

A nice player but he is kind of brittle and is unlikely to take the pay cut being a sub 50pt producer warrants. He will be shooting for the longest term possible as well. I hate to say it but Thornton might be the best UFA option

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017

He's probably more like a 40ish point guy who plays a 200ft game for a pittance, which is miles ahead of what we have now and better than most teams have as their #3 C. The only actual better option that won't add several $$$ million to the leafs payroll that we won't have in a couple years or cost a mint in trade is to put Nylander in the #3C spot.

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
Hyman - Matthews - Nylander
Marleau - Kadri - Marner
Johnsson - xxxxxx - Kapanen
Grundstrom - Aaltonen - Brown
Moore, Leivo

I really don't think their is anyone who could replace Bozak within our system so my preference is resigning him for 1 or 2 years on the cheap with the hope they he likes to play here and will stay. Only other option I see internally would look like this.

Hyman - Matthews - Kapanen
Marleau - Kadri - Marner
Johnsson - Nylander - Brown
Grundstrom - Aaltonen - xxxxx

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad