Liberal MP: Doan should not be on team because of comments made

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewGuy

Jun 29, 2002
I'm curious about what Doan actually said to the officials. It must have been something because he got a gross misconduct for it. Maybe he could clear it up for everyone by repeating it.

Dr. Charles

Jan 20, 2005
Cracktown
I just have to say that I'm french and I don't care at all about what that
player said during the game

The only thing is that the olympics is suppose to be a spot event based on
fair play and acceptance wich clearly isn't what Shane Doan did lately...

Haddock

Jan 7, 2004
Moulinsart
Well I too and french and I can't stand this type of comment made by Doan.

It's never ok to bash someone based on discrimination of something they did not choose.

You shouldn't say ****ing Jew or ****ing ******, and you shouldn't say ****ing Frenchmen either. If you're one of those who thinks it's not as bad, then you don't understand or have never been the victim ogf discrimination. Doan was penalized for abuse of an official and Colin Campbell says he believes him and that he didn't say anything bad. I guess the four officials on the ice are the liars. Yeah right!
It's just anti-french so it doesn't matter.

I don't care if Doan goes to the Olympics or not. It would however have been nice if he acted like a man and gave a regular bullsh*t apology instead of denying it all like a little boy.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
kind of ironic that all our wonderful Québécois journalists didn't say a word about the Ted Nolan incident, while now they're all protecting our friend Auger

Beatnik

Sep 2, 2002
Québec
Visit site
FSU Seminoles said:
kind of ironic that all our wonderful Québécois journalists didn't say a word about the Ted Nolan incident, while now they're all protecting our friend Auger

If it was someone in the crowd saying that they would'nt have talking about it neither. You really have a serious problem to understand the difference between a comment made by a fan and a comment made by a player.

The league cannot tolerate racial comments. I give the benefits of the doubt to Doan because it's a stupid politician that made the story public but still those comment have no place in hockey. Imagine if another attack ala Bertuzzi would follow many racist comments ignored by the league? Personally I'd already have a big difficulty to control myself in front of Avery...Imagine if the league start tolerate this ****.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Beatnik said:
If it was someone in the crowd saying that they would'nt have talking about it neither. You really have a serious problem to understand the difference between a comment made by a fan and a comment made by a player.

The league cannot tolerate racial comments. I give the benefits of the doubt to Doan because it's a stupid politician that made the story public but still those comment have no place in hockey. Imagine if another attack ala Bertuzzi would follow many racist comments ignored by the league? Personally I'd already have a big difficulty to control myself in front of Avery...Imagine if the league start tolerate this ****.

IMO you can't be all that serious if you pass on the Nolan incident, I'm not saying they should have banned the Sags. But the journalists could have at least mentioned it, and said that this guy should have been thrown out. Now here they come protecting the Quebec integrity. It's just bs as always from those guys. Added to the fact that it's really unclear whether or not it was Doan who said that.

I definately wouldn't tolerate this if I were some NHL commisionner, but I'm speaking of the montreal journalists who passed on the Nolan incident because it happened in Quebec.

The NHL doesn't have any sort of credibility, so I didn't expect anything from their side.

Resolute

Mar 4, 2005
AB
Haddock said:
Well I too and french and I can't stand this type of comment made by Doan.

It's never ok to bash someone based on discrimination of something they did not choose.

You shouldn't say ****ing Jew or ****ing ******, and you shouldn't say ****ing Frenchmen either. If you're one of those who thinks it's not as bad, then you don't understand or have never been the victim ogf discrimination. Doan was penalized for abuse of an official and Colin Campbell says he believes him and that he didn't say anything bad. I guess the four officials on the ice are the liars. Yeah right!
It's just anti-french so it doesn't matter.

I don't care if Doan goes to the Olympics or not. It would however have been nice if he acted like a man and gave a regular bullsh*t apology instead of denying it all like a little boy.

Out of curiousity, when Quebec seperates, will the entire legal system be changed so that any accused person is considered guilty until proven innocent, or will that only apply to english speaking people?

Kafka

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
God Bless Canada said:
Shane Doan is a class act and an upstanding guy. This would be very out-of-character for him. I'm guessing that the officials misheard what he said. Judging by the NHL inquiry that took place afterwards, that's exactly what happened.

I really don't understand how all four refs would have misunderstood..... its four against one, and its four REFEREES.... why would they create that..... I simply want Doan to say he was sorry.

Kafka

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Resolute said:
Out of curiousity, when Quebec seperates, will the entire legal system be changed so that any accused person is considered guilty until proven innocent, or will that only apply to english speaking people?

... maybe we will create an anti-rat troup that will shot on any rats attempting to cross the boarder.

Believe it or not, but that thing exists in Alberta.

I am stopping here...... Why do threads like that always have to fell in stupid sentences like this one and mine?

gobolt7

Sep 24, 2003
Florida.
FYI...this is not the politics board, this is the Olympic Hockey board. Any more off topic comments made that go against the rules of the site will result in this thread being closed.

Resolute

Mar 4, 2005
AB
Kafka said:
I really don't understand how all four refs would have misunderstood..... its four against one, and its four REFEREES.... why would they create that..... I simply want Doan to say he was sorry.

My understanding is that it was one referee who made the complaint, not four officials. It is basically a case of 'your word vs my word', and I find it interesting that apparently nobody else on the ice - including the other 11 players, heard anything out of the ordinary.

Just because the official in question is French-Canadian doesnt mean Doan's words, whatever he used, were anti-french. It is entirely possible that Auger misheard him, or misinterpreted him. Whether or not Doan's words were anti-french is completely unknown unless we have the exact quote that was made at the time.

Dr. Charles

Jan 20, 2005
Cracktown
Resolute said:

You are right to be affraid. :amazed:

If Quebec separates, we will kill in a furious blood bath not only the english people
but also those with a english name as well as those who drink english breakfast tea and let's not forgive those who eat english muffins...

Macman

May 15, 2004
It was investigated and Doan was cleared of any wrongdoing. End of story. Except for the lawsuit, of course, which I hope Doan slaps on the grandstanding windbag.

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
If there's anything this spirited discussion shows, it's that none of us know precisely what was said. It isn't known whether Doan said something that all four officials heard, whether he said something derogatory at all. The NHL looked into it and they had the luxury of talking with the four officials, Doan and anyone else on the ice if they so pleased. They decided that it wasn't an issue. That wraps it up for me.

Resolute

Mar 4, 2005
AB
Dr. Charles said:
You are right to be affraid. :amazed:

If Quebec separates, we will kill in a furious blood bath not only the english people
but also those with a english name as well as those who drink english breakfast tea and let's not forgive those who eat english muffins...

Well then... I'll be sure to use my mother's Ukranian maiden name when I visit Quebec, just to be safe! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->