Liberal MP: Doan should not be on team because of comments made

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyBob

Jul 11, 2004
Kevin Forbes said:
If Coderre wants to be taken seriously at all, he first needs to prove he was on the ice and heard what comments were said.

So what you say is that the four referees who heard him are liar?

CrazyBob

Jul 11, 2004
Beatnik said:
It's only a liberal MP/candidate who said that.

No. He took the information from the report the four referees have send to the league after the game.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
goteam said:
http://www.tsn.ca/news_story.asp?ID=147956&hubName=main

According to Doan's agent, J.P. Barry:
"I have made contact today with legal counsel in Montreal on behalf of Shane to obtain the appropriate advice on what our next steps should be to address the ongoing defamation of his character."

he wants to sue a guy because he has an opinion? what a pansy

as for Doan he shouldn't make the team because Shanahan does what he does only better.

Apache

Jul 29, 2005
On the news (LCN in Montreal), they said that some people in Shane Doan entourage (they didn’t said who) defended him by saying that it was impossible that he said the F*** word during a game because he is Christian and this is not allowed in his religion! :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

germanative

May 27, 2004
Once again... French are liars... The same thing when we speak about the deportation of acadiens, about louis riel, about the disappearance of the Frenchs in the West. When that makes your affair, Quebec is so nice! Canadians makes crises if they are not served in english to Quebec, but does not wait for you to be served in french to Toronto in this beautiful billingual country.

But when there is a referendum, these same 'french haters' land by plane in Montreal to say to us how they love us for not breaking their beautiful country...

Once again the english canadian is right and it's the French Canadian who is wrong, even if four refs listened the same thing.

Ohhhhhhhh Canada....

CrazyBob

Jul 11, 2004
futurcorerock said:
Quit making the comments equal to real-world racial slander suffered by real minorities such as Africans, Asians, and Middle-Easterners

Since when "French people" are not minorities in america?

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
CrazyBob said:
Since when "French people" are not minorities in america?
Race does not equal minority

"white" is a race too (albeit an ignorant statement

I was referring to the fact that "French Canadians" is a definition ONLY bound by geographic location, NOT by physical appearance, as the definition of "race" is bound by.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Shane Doan may have made inappropriate comments during that game, but Don Cherry has made similar comments on live TV, to millions of viewers across Canada and the US, while being paid by Canadians to do so! Yet Cherry is still a HUGE part of Hockey Night in Canada. Denis Corderre is fighting a losing battle.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
Corderre is cut from the same cloth of radical Quebecois that feel it should be it's own sovereign nation.

Nothing against the notion, but when you use hockey as a springboard for politics, it's shameful and pathetic

germanative

May 27, 2004
You don't know the canadian politics... Coderre is from the Liberal Party, not from the Bloc Quebecois(the separatist party).

The n00b King ©*

futurcorerock said:
Corderre is cut from the same cloth of radical Quebecois that feel it should be it's own sovereign nation.

Nothing against the notion, but when you use hockey as a springboard for politics, it's shameful and pathetic

hmmm some of you guys seem to be misunderstanding what he's trying to accomplish.

Essentially, he doesnt believe that anybody with a "bad press" (if you lend me the term..) should be part of Canada's team...it's the same principle that applies to Bertuzzi (Moore incident) and Heatley (Snyder death). In essence, only those who have had no "criminal" records should be allowed to represent Canada at the Olympics. In the case of Doan, i have a few qualms about the political approach of Coderre, as in i dont think Doan should'nt be on the team cuz of what he said (which was apparently F****** Frenchies) but because there's just better players to be there in his place....Although this is an internal matter and the league should be left to deal with it, not a QC MP....

Let us not forget that the sovereigntists in Quebec are a minority...sadly they speak loudly and stupidly a lil too often. And i would like to point out another fact, that according to research, 33% of ALBERTA is in favor of seperation...Quebec is like 17%....

ps. Don Cherry is an idiot. Everybody with half a brain can realize this...but he brings in the dough, so as long as he'll be doing that, they're gonna keep him...

germanative

May 27, 2004
shaolin_goon said:
Let us not forget that the sovereigntists in Quebec are a minority...sadly they speak loudly and stupidly a lil too often. And i would like to point out another fact, that according to research, 33% of ALBERTA is in favor of seperation...Quebec is like 17%....

A minority?! 2 308 360 voted YES in 1995 referendum(49.42In 1995, it was rejected by a slim majority (50.6% NO to 49.4% YES); a clear majority of French-speaking Quebecers voted in favour of sovereignty. Imagine now in 2005

Nice minority... lol

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
germanative said:
You don't know the canadian politics... Coderre is from the Liberal Party, not from the Bloc Quebecois(the separatist party).
Doesn't necessarily have to be.

Seems like this year political agendas have permeated hockey, with the Bertuzzi incident, then Duceppe proposing a separate hockey team for Quebec as a nice shiny package for his political office run and now this.

here's my question: What's the view in canada based on this assumed separation (when in all reality it's not there according to statistics posted above)

Hart_House_Ca

Feb 21, 2004
Doan shouldn't be on this team because he's sucks. I'm sure doan isn't canada's greatest grinder. I can name over 10 players that would put Shane Doan to shame. Nobody would have ever heard of shane doan if it wasn't for Wayne.

No matter how you sugar coat it, we all know shane doan is only on team canada because of wayne; same goes for ryan smith who got on the team because of kevin lowe.

Don Draper

Feb 7, 2003
ottawa
Visit site
shaolin_goon said:
hmmm some of you guys seem to be misunderstanding what he's trying to accomplish.

Essentially, he doesnt believe that anybody with a "bad press" (if you lend me the term..) should be part of Canada's team...it's the same principle that applies to Bertuzzi (Moore incident) and Heatley (Snyder death). In essence, only those who have had no "criminal" records should be allowed to represent Canada at the Olympics. In the case of Doan, i have a few qualms about the political approach of Coderre, as in i dont think Doan should'nt be on the team cuz of what he said (which was apparently F****** Frenchies) but because there's just better players to be there in his place....Although this is an internal matter and the league should be left to deal with it, not a QC MP....
I think that is the greatest irony of the whole situation since there are so many criminals in parliament who represent our country not just for 16 days, but up to 5 years. Its a joke that he is calling out Shane Doan for this since he has been exonerated and the league has been looked into by all parties in the know. Anyone who claims otherwise clearly doesnt have any knowledge of the situation, since there is no way the league would let anything racial or prejudicial slip away without at least an apology.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad