Prospect Info: 2017 NHL Draft / Pick #7 - Lias Andersson (C)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm gonna try to watch a number of games.

Doesn't hurt that they have next year's 1OA on their squad, so that'll be cool to watch Andersson play with him.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I admit that I consider to travel to Göteborg in Sweden and watch a Frölunda game. Maybe early as 12th October that thursday and take a closer look at Lias A. - and I`m looking forward to that and have a good time in that city. We`ve no Ranger game that day until friday 13th October against CBJ. :)

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg
I admit that I consider to travel to Göteborg in Sweden and watch a Frölunda game. Maybe early as 12th October that thursday and take a closer look at Lias A. - and I`m looking forward to that and have a good time in that city. We`ve no Ranger game that day until friday 13th October against CBJ. :)
If possible you should go 21st October when Lias' father will have his jersey retired. They will play against Skellefteå that game, it doesn't get much better than that in the SHL. Frölunda - HV71 on 12th should be a good one as well though.

Lias will play with Victor Olofsson, drafted by Buffalo, and Max Friberg who's rights belong to Montreal.

Reactions: Ori

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
If possible you should go 21st October when Lias' father will have his jersey retired. They will play against Skellefteå that game, it doesn't get much better than that in the SHL. Frölunda - HV71 on 12th should be a good one as well though.

Lias will play with Victor Olofsson, drafted by Buffalo, and Max Friberg who's rights belong to Montreal.

Oh, i like that line for him, both have good shots, Lias would likely act as the playmaker on that line.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Good article:
He has traveled from the late summer weather with 31 degrees Celsius of New York to stormy fall weather with a sky that never seems to break up. From the dream of NHL to a year with Coach Roger Rönnberg in SHL.

"There are some contrasts," laughs Lias Andersson.

He has a Frölunda sweater again - and suddenly the 18-year-old talent can breathe out.

"I think somewhere that this is the best for me. I know Rangers trusts Frölunda a lot, so it feels very safe from both sides. For the first time, I can land this season", Lias says honestly.

Has it been tough, mentally?

"I've been a little in both worlds. Have a foot there, one foot here. Did not play match here, did not train there. Now, it feels like the first time I can land in a team - and it's terribly nice indeed. There has been a lot of thinking. There have been four to five US trips this summer, a freak schedule. I have not known whether it should be NHL, AHL or SHL. Flickering back and forth.

What did you eventually end up in SHL?

- It was the Rangers who wanted it. They think it's the best for me. Instead of being their thirteenth forward and getting up and down, playing on a line, playing AHL, going from coast to coast, I'm better off playing a lot at home and developing in a good environment.

When Andersson first came to the United States, he was thrown into a training tournament in Traverse City - neither Rangers nor Lias came up in standard.

- Immediately when I arrived, I had the trip in my legs. It was a joke. We were really bad. Neither me nor the team played well. Then we stepped up - and when I got to the camp with the big guys it went really well.

Were you far away - or is the feeling that you're ready for the NHL?

"Ah, I had a couple of good matches, where I scored a couple of points when I got to play. Then I had to play a little less and take a different role and then it became a different game. Exactly how close it was, I do not know, but I was in the final cut.

"Will be something extraordinary"

There is no doubt about the season's new goals.

- I'll try to be leading. Take a lot of ice age. Play many important matches. Probably the final game will be here at home and then I will play important matches.

Do you play against Gap in the Champions League, already?

- Yes, that's the plan! I have not practiced anything here, so I hope I get a good practice in my legs so I get into the stuff, "said Lias, before it's time to get into the gym.

He is also allowed to take part in the daddy's Niklas number retiring against Skellefteå on 21 October.

- Exactly! It will be cool. It will be something extraordinary. It's just to enjoy that night and make sure to win the hockey match too ...

And when number 24 is retired, Lias gets to think about her shirt.
"Maybe I'll take the 71. Honor him. He hangs in the roof of our hearts, says Lias of Dad's old radar partner Tomi Kallio.
Still, 71 nevertheless, it will not be possible.
- Well, I can not take a number from my old idols. I'll take my own number, "said Lias.

http://www.gp.se/sport/ishockey/lättad-lias-hemma-första-gången-jag-kan-landa-1.4690694

Last edited:

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Frölunda is expected to be a top team this year, but their start has been a bit so-so. Lias has a good shot at coming in and grabbing a bit of a bigger role.

The article jokes about playing for Roger Rönnberg as opposed to on Manhattan. Roger is a real discipline Hitler, strict coach. A classic Roger Rönnberg thing to do is go on a rant in the media if his players watch reality shows in the bus, he was about to completely lose it when a group started following Paradise Hotell... Banned all players from ever mentioning the name on the series. :)

Roger-Ronnberg-Maste-bli-mer-effektiva-.jpg

Last edited:

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
Was a bit surprised he missed the game last weekend.

Was under the impression Olofsson is on the 3rd line, or did he work his way up a bit?

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg
Frölunda is expected to be a top team this year, but their start has been a bit so-so. Lias has a good shot at coming in and grabbing a bit of a bigger role.

The article jokes about playing for Roger Rönnberg as opposed to on Manhattan. Roger is a real discipline Hitler, strict coach. A classic Roger Rönnberg thing to do is go on a rant in the media if his players watch reality shows in the bus, he was about to completely lose it when a group started following Paradise Hotell... Banned all players from ever mentioning the name on the series. :)
An exaggeration, but yeah, Roger is a demanding coach. As long as you agree to follow the foundation of the tactic you are allowed to play your game and develop as a player. You don't get benched for being young and making a mistake.

And the wins will come, we just need to shape up around the nets.

Was a bit surprised he missed the game last weekend.

Was under the impression Olofsson is on the 3rd line, or did he work his way up a bit?
With Lias and Carl Grundström added it will basically be a 1/2A/2B/2C situation. We tend to roll the lines 5-on-5. Lias will be on PP2.

Edit: Rasmus Dahlin is on PP2 as well.

Last edited:

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Ah, thank you.
This is why I tried to explain to one poster why referring to it as "CHL" causes problems for our North American posters, as we'd associate that with Canadian junior or the now-defunct Central Hockey League. First few times I saw it, I was like...uh...

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Lias is on the 2nd line between Olofsson and Friberg. Bad opponents and Frolunda is dominating the start, although falling a bit into Gaps pace so it's still only 1-0.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Nevermind I figured it out. ))

Last edited:

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
A lot of focus during the intermission on Swedish tv on the returning Lias Andersson.

First a long interview with Lias. Repeated a lot of what was said above. Stated that he will focus a lot on playing offensive hockey this season, and just become bigger and faster.

The expert for Swedish TV, ex Flyer Mikael Renberg, said that he is sure Lias will be ready for the NHL after a year in Sweden. He said that Lias release already is world class, good velocity but Renberg especially praised how fast he gets off his shot. Renberg said that Lias mainly must focus on getting stronger legs so that he can improve his first steps. Renberg emphasized how important those first strides are on the small ice, and stated that the key for Lias is to get stronger legs and abs, which he is certain will come with time. Renberg believes Lias will become a good no 1-2 center in the NHL when he can become more explosive in his skating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad