Prospect Info: 2017 NHL Draft / Pick #7 - Lias Andersson (C)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
How'd he do in the actual tourney?

He especially had some very good games leading up to the tournament. But it did seem like he dropped off some again a bit into the tournament. The schedule is pretty cramped and the kids stamina just isn't quite there yet. An off-season will do him great!!

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden

Yeah, and I think its a bit of a tongue in cheek thing given to him by his pals, because he got that innocent look and personality off the ice, but if he wants something I can bet that he is the extremely stubborn type that starts circling with his eye sat on the goal...

It started because some pals of Lias tipped the reporter to ask Lias why he was called the Shark. And when he was asked about why he was called the shark he went like ''ehehhh its because I am a good swimmer", year right lol. ;)

But he is the same way on the ice. Extremely focused and a huge appetite to stand out.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Could any of our Swedish posters post a transcript of that interview? I know it takes a few minutes but I would love to have a transcript

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Could any of our Swedish posters post a transcript of that interview? I know it takes a few minutes but I would love to have a transcript

R: I got a two goal scorer with me, captain Lias Andersson. Lias tell us about your thoughts after a game that was the first of the tournament and also contained a lot of goals?

LA: Its a typical first game of a tournament, we start a little so-so, some nerves, but we grow into it and deserved to win. Nice start to the tournament

R: Your own play?

LA: It was like a premier game should be I recon, a little up and down, a lot of room for improvement, but the win felt nice.

R: How is your form? You started the season for the Rangers, things went a little slower for Frölunda, at least in terms of points, but now leading up to the tournament you have scored more and more, where are you right now? We saw a lot of great initiatives from your side?

LA: I think I am becoming better and better for each day, it has been a lot travelling this season, this summer, but I have been able to train hard the last while, so I am starting to come into it for real, it is becoming better.

R: I only have one last question, I got a tip at twitter, that your nick-name is the Shark, what does that mean?

LA: Hm, the Shark, well I am a good swimmer.

R: Okey, so that is it? good, then we will let you go

LA: [big smile]

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
It's a good point, Ori...that I'll admit. If Chytil impresses and sticks...than we'd have a problem getting Lias a spot better than 4th line C. I suppose it could be justified if we play two 3rd lines (i.e. - two lines that can score...no goon line)...and give them equal time. I could see that happenning with the direction the NHL is taking.

Also...and this might sound a little crazy to some...Kevin Hayes is in the final year of his 2 year deal. If he doesn't impress, and wants a lot of money, maybe his sloppy ass goes bye-bye. If that's the case, things open up for Lias,
That may not necassarily be good. Id prefer he earn a spot then have it by default bc just getting a spot wont guarantee improvement. The major thing with lias is he needs to improve his acceleration and speed.

Oops this was from september lol

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
That may not necassarily be good. Id prefer he earn a spot then have it by default bc just getting a spot wont guarantee improvement. The major thing with lias is he needs to improve his acceleration and speed.

Oops this was from september lol

For a second I thought Revel was back :(

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
He especially had some very good games leading up to the tournament. But it did seem like he dropped off some again a bit into the tournament. The schedule is pretty cramped and the kids stamina just isn't quite there yet. An off-season will do him great!!

The final tally.

Traverse City: 4
NHL pre-season: 3
CHL: 7
SHL: 22
NHL: 7
AHL: 25
World Juniors: 7
Int. Juniors: 13
International: 8
Euro Hockey Tour: 6
World Championship: 10

112 games in 11 different competitions, in 10 different countries.

He definitely needs a break!

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
The final tally.

Great experience and arguably a season like few others have had.

With that said, time to rest, recover, train, and gear up for camp.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
The final tally.

More games than any NHLer has played this season.

As a teenager.

Reactions: Amazing Kreiderman

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
I think Shark could stick. He's got a big smile, lurking under the surface of the game just to pop out and make a play. I can see it working.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
More games than any NHLer has played this season.

As a teenager.

Yup, and his last season was exactly like that too.

I just think that its a bit risky. Why let a kid go to those extremes?

Lias is -- by far -- the one hockey player on the planet that has played the most hockey games the last 24 months. He must top No 2 on that list with like 30-40 games. I would seriously bet that he has the world record for games played during a 24 month period. Go back just 10 years and so much fewer games were played during the summer. Now its camp on camp on camp.

On average: a game, 2 days rest, a game, 2 days rest, a game 2 days rest, all around the calendar for 24 straight months.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Jesus 112 games? Rest up now young lad!

Ok, it might not be a world record over 24 months, last season he played:

HV juniors 3
HV71 42
WJC 7
Sweden U20 17
CHL 6
HV pre-season 7 (estimation, HV played 7 games, no stats available, Lias also played with the junior team and should at least have played 7 games)
82 games

So 194 games over 2 years, average of 97 per season. With NHL preseason someone could definitely have played preseason of 5 games + 82 games + 10 games on average in the POs two straight years. A World Cup/Canada Cup/OG.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Ok, it might not be a world record over 24 months, last season he played:

HV juniors 3
HV71 42
WJC 7
Sweden U20 17
CHL 6
HV pre-season 7 (estimation, HV played 7 games, no stats available, Lias also played with the junior team and should at least have played 7 games)
82 games

So 194 games over 2 years, average of 97 per season. With NHL preseason someone could definitely have played preseason of 5 games + 82 games + 10 games on average in the POs two straight years. A World Cup/Canada Cup/OG.

On the bright side, the schedule won't be hard for him to adjust to. If anything, being on an NHL team having a routine will probably be BETTER for him.

Kid is ready for next year. Let him rest up but stay in shape

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I think it's time to bring this thread up after his last game and the season started. Thoughts on his potential if he did indeed improve his speed?

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I think it's time to bring this thread up after his last game and the season started. Thoughts on his potential if he did indeed improve his speed?
Imo his ceiling is a Chris Drury. Not saying that I'm counting on that, but if everything goes right that's what he could be imo. I know here especially people think Drury and groan, but he was an excellent player for like 90% of his career.

I think his skating issues are really overblown. He's an average skater imo which is more than workable with his other tools.

Showed some really impressive work on the wall in that first game. Aside from the goals he had, he played some nice keep away on the wall on the first PK he was out for. Looks somewhat similar to the drill we saw the clip of on instagram, just keeping the puck on his stick and pushing it past/around/away from the attacking player with ease.

Reactions: Brooklyn Ranger

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Imo his ceiling is a Chris Drury. Not saying that I'm counting on that, but if everything goes right that's what he could be imo. I know here especially people think Drury and groan, but he was an excellent player for like 90% of his career.

I think his skating issues are really overblown. He's an average skater imo which is more than workable with his other tools.

Showed some really impressive work on the wall in that first game. Aside from the goals he had, he played some nice keep away on the wall on the first PK he was out for. Looks somewhat similar to the drill we saw the clip of on instagram, just keeping the puck on his stick and pushing it past/around/away from the attacking player with ease.

You're right a Chris Drury type player is not what I wanted to hear, haha.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
How about a slightly bigger Chris Drury? Is that better?

Drury did have 4 seasons where he scored 60+ points and another 4 where he scored 50+. I'll take that from Lias, while playing solid defensively and being a leader.

Yeah, I'll take it too. I think that would be very solid value at #7. Then again did you adjust those numbers for the era? Would you compare Drury favorably or unfavorably to ROR?

To be honest, I know I'm not being super logical it's just that the name Drury gives me bad images in my head.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Yeah, I'll take it too. I think that would be very solid value at #7. Then again did you adjust those numbers for the era? Would you compare Drury favorably or unfavorably to ROR?

To be honest, I know I'm not being super logical it's just that the name Drury gives me bad images in my head.

Drury was a VERY good player in Buffalo for many years.

I still think Lias projects as Ryan O'Reilly more than Drury though. He's slightly bigger and stronger than Drury was and quite a few goals came from his shot on the PP from Drury as well as in front of the net with deflections. I see Andersson doing more with his passing and rebounds in lieu of deflections. Also to note, that if Andersson can find other areas than the direct front of the net that Drury excelled within, he will have a longer career. Drury continuously took a massive amount of punishment with the way he played the game

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007

I'm sure there's a chart somewhere that compares years, but Drury's early years were before the 2005 lockout, in the dead puck era. He scored 44 (rookie year), 67, 65, 46, 53, 53 in those years.

He scored 67 and 69 in 2005 and 2006, respectively, though those numbers are likely inflated by the rule changes coming out of the lockout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad