Prospect Info: 2017 NHL Draft / Pick #7 - Lias Andersson (C)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
He did not get a good chance by NYR coaching staff - I`m curious if he get recalled if he continue like this. Lias goals are top shelf finishing.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Lias' shot is underrated.

I think there is some confusion when it is said that Andersson doesn't have the highest offensive upside. I think people assume that means he is limited offensively, and not as meaning that he isn't without some nice offensive ability, it just isn't quite seen as being top line variety.

Andersson has the potential to put up his share of points. Personally, I see upside being more comfortably in the 20 goal, 55 point range. That's very good, but probably not what you'd ideally want to see from your first line center.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I think there is some confusion when it is said that Andersson doesn't have the highest offensive upside. I think people assume that means he is limited offensively, and not as meaning that he isn't without some nice offensive ability, it just isn't quite seen as being top line variety.

Andersson has the potential to put up his share of points. Personally, I see upside being more comfortably in the 20 goal, 55 point range. That's very good, but probably not what you'd ideally want to see from your first line center.

It's ok, he can put those numbers up on the 2nd line while playing fantastic defense, and Chytil will put up 70 points on that first line ;)

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
And if you're the Rangers that is a two-run homerun scenario. If DeAngelo also pans out and becomes a second pairing defenseman, it's a bonafide grand slam scenario.

And I think we are due for grand slam....fingers crossed!

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
The Rangers scouting department, like anyone, is going to have it's share of misses. But I really do believe they have a good group together and trust their overall ability to find talent.

With the focus on winning and the loss of picks/prospects from recent years, we've almost forgotten how good they are and taken for granted how good they've been at finding talent with the picks they've had. And not just at the draft, you have to include guys like Girardi and Talbot in those accomplishments post lockout.

Last edited:

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
The Rangers scouting department, like anyone, is going to have it's share of misses. But I really do believe they have a good group together and trust their overall ability to find talent.

With the focus on winning and the loss of picks/prospects from recent years, we've almost forgotten how good they are and taken for granted how good they've been at finding talent with the picks they've had. And now just at the draft, you have to include guys like Girardi and Talbot in those accomplishments post lockout.
This is exactly why we should be sellers at this year's trade deadline and stockpile picks.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
This is exactly why we should be sellers at this year's trade deadline and stockpile picks.

I still think this team is a playoff team and dangerous if they fire on all cylinders, which they are nowhere close to doing at the moment.

I'll make a bold prediction that there are a number of forwards who might be on the block this spring, and they won't be Nash or Zucc.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I still think this team is a playoff team and dangerous if they fire on all cylinders, which they are nowhere close to doing at the moment.

I'll make a bold prediction that there are a number of forwards who might be on the block this spring, and they won't be Nash or Zucc.

I said before that I think at least one of Hayes and Miller are going to be moved...for cap reasons and also because they're too alike in their inconsistencies. Personally I think Miller is the better player and I'd keep him but you have to decide whether a permanent move to center is OK if you move Hayes since again that hurts them down the middle. If Chytil steps in sometime this year and makes himself a viable candidate for the #2 spot then it makes it a lot easier...

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I said before that I think at least one of Hayes and Miller are going to be moved...for cap reasons and also because they're too alike in their inconsistencies. Personally I think Miller is the better player and I'd keep him but you have to decide whether a permanent move to center is OK if you move Hayes since again that hurts them down the middle. If Chytil steps in sometime this year and makes himself a viable candidate for the #2 spot then it makes it a lot easier...

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Hayes gets moved, with my dark horses being Vesey and/or Kreider.

Algernop Kreider

Ant strength
Mar 9, 2014
New York
It wouldn't surprise me at all to see Hayes on the block this season or offseason. We're going to have to tie up a lot of money in our RFAs this summer. Vesey could be relatively cheap, but Hayes is pretty clearly the odd man out between himself, Miller and Skjei.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

Can't make this reactionary call only 8 games into the season. Yeah, they are finding different ways to lose and their roster is incomplete but with more disciplined play and a targeted move this team is by no means out should be counted out just yet.

Otherwise, I'm with others that there will be more moves soon or later to this core. IMHO many teams would see good value in what Rangers will be willing to offer.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Very nice move by Lias, the GWer according to media but one box score had another player with the GWer.

Anyway, should he good for his confidence. Two goals in the last game and an important goal in the SO tonight. Didn’t see the game though so I don’t know how he looked.

It's a combination of the larger ice and him only being 19/not entirely fully grown.

Yeah and the camera is further away from the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->