Prospect Info: 2017 NHL Draft / Pick #7 - Lias Andersson (C)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I see the games are usually live on TV though, but I enjoy both soccer & hockey. :)

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
yeah it was quite an impressive list of sports. )

Anyway back to Lias - hopefully he has a successful season this year in Sweden - good for his own confidence as well. And he can be recalled back to NHL, not sure if it will do him any good though unless he get a top 9 role on Rangers.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
yeah it was quite an impressive list of sports. )

Anyway back to Lias - hopefully he has a successful season this year in Sweden - good for his own confidence as well. And he can be recalled back to NHL, not sure if it will do him any good though unless he get a top 9 role on Rangers.

Between the CHL, SHL, World Juniors, possibly World Championship and maybe (small chance) the Olympics, it is an interesting season to track his progression.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
yap, they should let him play until next year training camp.

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yeah, but Real Madrid loan players to big clubs in their early development after they have trained with them some years - if they can compete in a higher division/league at a young age.
FK Tønsberg, but they play in much lower divison, because I was active in soccer and played with a person there years ago, and I watched him play at FK Tønsberg, a brother to a friend of mine.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yeah, but Real Madrid loan players to big clubs in their early development after they have trained with them some years - if they can compete in a higher division/league at a young age.
FK Tønsberg, but they play in much lower divison, because I was active in soccer and played with a person there years ago, and I watched him play at FK Tønsberg, a brother to a friend of mine.

Hopefully he has the success Asensio had with that loan system. I don't think its very friendly to the players, but they get paid well at least. Maybe one day they get to play with Cristiano.

My team is Borussia Dortmund and also I root for all American players, and the US National Team. The USA has had a number of notable players at Molde the last 5 years, so in Norway, thats who I'd root for. I watched their run in the Europa League a few years ago, came up against Sevilla in the Round of 32 (who ended up winning the competition), they had absolutely no chance, but it was fun to watch them try to keep it close in the first leg.

I've ventured far too off topic though for now, so lets leave it at that.

Reactions: Ori

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I sometimes watch Molde or RBK in EU competitions, but it`s hard to compete against England - clubs from Spain, Italy, or France - much more money involved. :)

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I think a big reason why he didn't have as good a preseason as we might have hoped was that he didn't get a chance to show off his shot. Part of that is being able to get into position to use it and all, but yeah he has a good one
I mean, he might have trouble getting into position to use it because of the smaller ice. Hard to tell right now.

Reactions: Ola

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
A full Scandinavium Arena was standing up singing LIAS ANDERSSON TJALALALALIASANDERSSONTJALALALALA LIASANDERSSONTJAlALALALIAS Anderssontjalalalala Lias Andersson tjalalala

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Lias' shot is underrated.

Give the kid some time and I think we might be saying the same thing about his play making ability. He is just gifted, seem to be able to pick things up.

Genes can’t be trusted too much, but his father was a Swedish Dennis Savard type. Midget dangler, very skilled and tremendous attitude. Played during the trap era so never really made it in the NHL, but one of the best SHLs ever. Sometimes it’s only glimpses, but I’ve watched Lias a lot and closely since we drafted him and a lot before that too. Hence it stands out when he tries new things, and like he just got so much in him.

A key is that Lias can add another step in his skating. Watching him tonight after he have been able to settle in a bit and have more human schedule in the SHL for a few weeks, he is just so much more energetic, far from the tired kid we saw taking short shifts in camp after a crazy 18 months with a game every third day around the calendar. But while he skates well — he isn’t flying on the ice. If he can skate like say a Max Domi — he could definitely become a top center/leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->