Prospect Info: 2017 NHL Draft / Pick #7 - Lias Andersson (C)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Watched the second half of the game today. He’s always around the puck... it’s craziness. He’s strong in front of the net. And he’s without a doubt going to be a shutdown caliber two way player.. super excited about this young gentleman

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Watched the second half of the game today. He’s always around the puck... it’s craziness. He’s strong in front of the net. And he’s without a doubt going to be a shutdown caliber two way player.. super excited about this young gentleman

I've yet to see him play, but this reminds me of Callahan. Any validity in that statement?

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006
Name the last Stanley cup winner who didn't have elite offensive players... I'll wait.

BTW AWESOME. 3 out of the last 20 years. Fantastic statistical analysis you just threw at me. And the Kings don't count. Kopitar was ABSOLUTELY an elite player when they won those cups. Not to mention their secondary scoring was light years better than anything we've had since the 90's.

You didnt ask how many of the last 20 stanley cup champions won without an elite offensive talent, you asked to name the last ones. Don't change your argument just because people quickly answered your, what I guess was supposed to be, rhetorical question. Everyone is throwing well researched and thought out responses to you and you are just changing the angle you are coming at the discussion.

Perfectly fine to not like Andersson as the pick at #7, or even him as a player at all, but not sure what you have to prove by ignoring the facts presented against your stance.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
I've only seen him on Youtube, and for approximately half of a game against Rogle. But from what I saw, quite possibly. 90% of the time in the offensive zone, he was either in position to score/pounce on a rebound, or moving into position to do so. Relentless on the forecheck and backcheck as well

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Yeah, that is what I have mentioned when I went to the games. He is not flashy, but he reminds me of the Finnish football player Jari Litmanen. He played for Ajax in the 90s and he had this remarkable skill if always being near the ball on time. Andersson has that as well. He is not as fast as Hagelin but somehow he reads the game in a way that he knows where to go.

I've yet to see him play, but this reminds me of Callahan. Any validity in that statement?

Not sure Callahan is a good comparison here. Someone mentioned Lehtinen, which is a really good comparison. Andersson is a center though and with the way he plays he really reminds me of a young Bergeron

Reactions: RoarLionRoar

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
This thread is in danger of devolving into

2b7ecf3c22ebfe24c883e8de13bd277b5853c3f07961d91a202e712a16838a07.jpg

levels of discussion.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Yeah, that is what I have mentioned when I went to the games. He is not flashy, but he reminds me of the Finnish football player Jari Litmanen. He played for Ajax in the 90s and he had this remarkable skill if always being near the ball on time. Andersson has that as well. He is not as fast as Hagelin but somehow he reads the game in a way that he knows where to go.

Not sure Callahan is a good comparison here. Someone mentioned Lehtinen, which is a really good comparison. Andersson is a center though and with the way he plays he really reminds me of a young Bergeron

I'd take either of those with a smile on my face and a song in my heart.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
None of our players have showcased the ability to win games by themselves in the playoffs when other parts of the team were down. If having so many mediocre offensive players spread around 4 lines won stanley cups we would be perrennial stanley cup champions the past 5 years. That is not a winning formula. Especially in a system that puts the defense and the goalie in a bind the way our system does with the players it has.
Offense is not the reason we lost to Ottawa last season. We scored 4+ goals in 4 of those six games so this idea our offense was the teams issue is asinine. Were 8th in the league in terms of goals for, more than teams Pittsburgh Washington and Chicago.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
He appears to have the same heart or intensity. But not reckless. Imagine Stepan with Callahans effort level***

*** Comparison to stepan does not denote his skating or offensive abilities.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Offense is not the reason we lost to Ottawa last season. We scored 4+ goals in 4 of those six games so this idea our offense was the teams issue is asinine. Were 8th in the league in terms of goals for, more than teams Pittsburgh Washington and Chicago.
We lost that series because of poor defense and player usage.. AV should've put the load fully on the best guys. Theres a reason why almost every 1D plays 28-30 mins in the playoffs. He has to do the same with the forwards. Keep putting your best guys out so you have a chance

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Did we play good offense against Ottawa or they poor defense?

When the games where on the line Ottawa to some extent tended to take over and we became very passive. We often put that on AV, but a really good player can take responsibility in those situations and get the puck up ice.

Also, sure our defense had issues. And we to a large extent also had bad luck. But you get that bounces against when you aren’t good enough and overall I definitely think that our biggest problem was that we weren’t able to control the play against Ottawa at all when they were desperate. Especially leaders like Derek Stepan, JT Miller and the likes just shrunk. The counter parts on Ottawa were superior.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
AV lost that Ottawa series with his player mismanagement particularly on the back end. lundqvist also did a 180 from the montreal series. he was awful. that should have been an easy series to win with how bad Anderson was and how long we led in almost every game. total choke job.

Reactions: Fvital92

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I actually think the Senators took that series away from us. They had guys that really stepped up and rose to the challenge. We didn't really--or not enough of them. It's not always the coaching staff--sometimes the players just don't do it--and we lost leads and we lost games late--that's determination and bearing down.

Reactions: trilobyte

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I guess to steer this back to Lias, he plays again tomorrow against Mora. He’s currently at 13 points in 21 games which is second in the SHL for U20 players behind Elias Petersson, who gets to run the show at Vaxjo. The intriguing name to watch for next draft is Isaac Lunderstrom who’s having himself a really nice year.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
I guess to steer this back to Lias, he plays again tomorrow against Mora. He’s currently at 13 points in 21 games which is second in the SHL for U20 players behind Elias Petersson, who gets to run the show at Vaxjo. The intriguing name to watch for next draft is Isaac Lunderstrom who’s having himself a really nice year.
Petersson doesn’t get to the run the show... he is the show.

nyr__1994

Apr 4, 2006
Raleigh, NC
BTW AWESOME. 3 out of the last 20 years. Fantastic statistical analysis you just threw at me. And the Kings don't count. Kopitar was ABSOLUTELY an elite player when they won those cups. Not to mention their secondary scoring was light years better than anything we've had since the 90's.

It was actually 3 out of the last 7, but way to move the goal posts...

Lets take a look at these teams with greater secondary scoring that we have had since the 90's
2011 Bruins Top 10 scorers - 62, 62, 57, 53, 48, 44, 41, 41, 32, 29
2012 Kings Top 10 Scorers - 76, 59, 45, 44, 36, 24, 24, 21, 20, 17 (WOAH, look at that depth scoring.....)
2014 Kings Top 10 Scorers - 70, 50, 43, 41, 37, 34, 30, 29, 27, 27
16-17 NYR Top 10 Scorers - 59, 56, 55, 53, 49, 42, 40, 39, 38, 37

I only had to go back to last year to prove that one wrong. Want to reconsider that statement about depth scoring?

Where do you get this 75% from? Do you realize how high that is even for blue chip prospects?

It was an arbitrary number not directed at any particular player or players - But thanks for just arguing instead of actually answering the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->