Prospect Info: 2017 NHL Draft / Pick #7 - Lias Andersson (C)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Except we LACK GOAL SCORERS in case you haven't noticed! We lack elite offensive players and have plenty of second and third liners.

Not only is the team currently 6th in the league in GF after being top 10 last year, but by the time a 2017 draft pick becomes a core contributor to a team, we don’t know exactly what their needs will be.

The team has no trouble scoring goals now. Whether they will in 3 years remains to be seen. You don’t draft for today’s needs.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
Not only is the team currently 6th in the league in GF after being top 10 last year, but by the time a 2017 draft pick becomes a core contributor to a team, we don’t know exactly what their needs will be.

The team has no trouble scoring goals now. Whether they will in 3 years remains to be seen. You don’t draft for today’s needs.

We scored a shit load of goals last year. How did that translate into the playoffs? How many offensive workhorses do we have that can take over a game like most... no not most... like ALL stanley cup contenders have? Please name them. Let me sit down and grab a book while I wait an eternity.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
We scored a **** load of goals last year. How did that translate into the playoffs? How many offensive workhorses do we have that can take over a game like most... no not most... like ALL stanley cup contenders have? Please name them. Let me sit down and grab a book while I wait an eternity.

Teams do not draft based on the players they currently have/lack.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Except we LACK GOAL SCORERS in case you haven't noticed! We lack elite offensive players and have plenty of second and third liners.

Yeah, that explains why we are bottom of the barrel in goals scored each year... oh wait

Your argument is bad and your reasoning is actually counter-logic

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
In the 2017 post-season the Rangers were 3rd in GF/GP (4th during regular season)

Scoring a shit load of goals translated pretty well into the playoffs.

Reactions: Miamipuck

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
... season stats. :)
Nevernind I found it.

2017-2018Frölunda HC207613320
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
- Lias has improved for sure so far compare to his last season with HV71.

Last edited:

WeRa

Nov 2, 2017
... season stats. :)
Nevernind I found it.

2017-2018Frölunda HC207613320
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
- Lias has improved for sure so far compare to his last season with HV71.
It would be bad if he did not improve...
Will be NHL ready next season? He should play 3C.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
This board is seriously delusional about this team. Actually not really, this is actually the first time I hear fans on this board ganging up on saying the Rangers have great offensive players. LFMAO. Do you really think we have an offensive superstar on this team who can take over a game? Name the last Stanley cup winner who didn't have elite offensive players... I'll wait. This SYSTEM creates goal scoring while leaving the backend open all day long and we will NEVER win a stanley cup playing that way. We lack a player who can put the team on his back most of the time a lot more than we need a two way center who MAYBE scores 60 pts in a great year. You know, the type of player you could possibly take with the 7th overall pick instead of a project checking center perhaps. Just a thought.

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006
2011 Bruins didn't have any elite offensive talents and the 2012 and 14 Kings depending on how you classify Kopitar (he was elite, but only when you consider his two way play.) The 14 Kings only had Kopitar score more than 50 points during the season and didnt have a single 30 goal scorer.

Guess what they all did have though? Great two way centers.....

nyr__1994

Apr 4, 2006
Raleigh, NC
This board is seriously delusional about this team. Actually not really, this is actually the first time I hear fans on this board ganging up on saying the Rangers have great offensive players. LFMAO. Do you really think we have an offensive superstar on this team who can take over a game? Name the last Stanley cup winner who didn't have elite offensive players... I'll wait. This SYSTEM creates goal scoring while leaving the backend open all day long and we will NEVER win a stanley cup playing that way. We lack a player who can put the team on his back most of the time a lot more than we need a two way center who MAYBE scores 60 pts in a great year. You know, the type of player you could possibly take with the 7th overall pick instead of a project checking center perhaps. Just a thought.

2011 - Boston Bruins - Top 4 scorers - 62, 62, 57 and 53 points.... That is just screaming elite
2012 - LA Kings - Top 4 scorers - 76, 59, 54, 44
2014 - LA Kings - Top 4 Scorers - 73, 50, 43, 41

Actually it looks like other than Chicago with Kane and Pittsburgh with Crosby and Malkin, there aren't many elite scorers on Stanley Cup championship teams.....

If Lias hits his projection (Not his ceiling) he should fit right into that 5o ish point range.

Please answer this question - Would you rather have a player that that has a 75% chance of hitting his projection of a 50-60 point all situations player and a near 100 % chance of playing in the NHL, or a player with a 40% chance of being a 60-70 point winger who drives the power play and not much else and a 70% chance of playing in the NHL?

Reactions: Rangers743

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Do you understand how hard it is to get the type of player you're talking about with the 7th over all pick?

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
Rangers have been 4th, 7th and 4th in goals scored the last 3 years.

They're 6th in GPG now.

How is scoring a problem?

We're concerned because its not all one guy doing it?

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017

They're 6th in GPG now.

If anything, it's actually a good thing that it's not just one guy producing. That means the team isn't ****ed if one player regresses at the wrong time

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Please answer this question - Would you rather have a player that that has a 75% chance of hitting his projection of a 50-60 point all situations player and a near 100 % chance of playing in the NHL, or a player with a 40% chance of being a 60-70 point winger who drives the power play and not much else and a 70% chance of playing in the NHL?

I’d rather have player 1 in this example. I’m also very happy with Andersson.

However, I’d rather have Mittelstadt, Suzuki, Thomas, or Tolvanen right now. Thankfully who we have Chytil who I think can be better than every name on that list.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
BTW AWESOME. 3 out of the last 20 years. Fantastic statistical analysis you just threw at me. And the Kings don't count. Kopitar was ABSOLUTELY an elite player when they won those cups. Not to mention their secondary scoring was light years better than anything we've had since the 90's.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
2011 - Boston Bruins - Top 4 scorers - 62, 62, 57 and 53 points.... That is just screaming elite
2012 - LA Kings - Top 4 scorers - 76, 59, 54, 44
2014 - LA Kings - Top 4 Scorers - 73, 50, 43, 41

Actually it looks like other than Chicago with Kane and Pittsburgh with Crosby and Malkin, there aren't many elite scorers on Stanley Cup championship teams.....

If Lias hits his projection (Not his ceiling) he should fit right into that 5o ish point range.

Where do you get this 75% from? Do you realize how high that is even for blue chip prospects?

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City

They're 6th in GPG now.

None of our players have showcased the ability to win games by themselves in the playoffs when other parts of the team were down. If having so many mediocre offensive players spread around 4 lines won stanley cups we would be perrennial stanley cup champions the past 5 years. That is not a winning formula. Especially in a system that puts the defense and the goalie in a bind the way our system does with the players it has.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Who said that?

You literally said "We scored a **** load of goals last year. How did that translate into the playoffs?" and we then said it actually translated well. We were 3rd in GF/GP last post-season. Nobody said anything about us having elite offensive players.

It doesn't change the point that drafting for current needs is not the way to go. And nobody knows how Suzuki, Mittlestadt etc will do. If they even make the NHL...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad