Injury Report: Letunov (unfit to play)

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Isn't "unfit to play" usually a euphemism for "poor conditioning" or "non-hockey-related health condition"?

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Isn't "unfit to play" usually a euphemism for "poor conditioning" or "non-hockey-related health condition"?

I thought usually non-hockey health condition was something like "undisclosed illness"

I wonder if this is a euphemism for poor conditioning or not following health protocols or...

tmsjEYSDQIddAad-Nf7oE14SdOM=.gif

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
This sounds more like "broke proto" than anything. IE, keep him away from everyone for a bit

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Yeah, my initial thought is that it is something COVID-related. I'm pretty sure other teams in other sports have used that same "unfit to play" wording.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Yeah, my initial thought is that it is something COVID-related. I'm pretty sure other teams in other sports have used that same "unfit to play" wording.

No other league to this point has taken a we will no announce this approach. Every one has called an egg an egg and said the player has tested positive for covid.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Erep

Jul 17, 2019
No other league to this point has taken a we will no announce this approach. Every one has called an egg an egg and said the player has tested positive for covid.
NCAA has done this for legal reasons, but yeah the pro leagues have been pretty direct about covid protocols.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Same thought crossed through my mind. Most organizations have been pretty open about the COVID announcements. Its for others safety as well to make sure they do not get exposed to the player in question.

But then again, if there was an organization that would choose to be tight lipped about this stuff, it would be the Sharks.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA

My mistake. I was recalling the other NHL instances. So, not other leagues, but it has been a common thing in the NHL since COVID hit.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Is there a covid-specific list or is this just the regular IR?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad