Recalled/Assigned: Lettieri Recalled from Hartford (2/22)

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Probably means Buch is back soon. Good news.

I guess Carey slots into the lineup until Buch is actually back.

EDIT: Saw the practice lines. Buch is back, baby.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
To be fair, putting him on the fourth line didn't help his cause. But he had opportunities on the power play to impress, and he didn't.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
He’s a terrible player. Honestly. I like the kid but he’s not an nhler. Has ALOT to work on and doesn’t have the time to do it.

Lettieri I want on this team

Nieves I like the kid but unfortunately he started making some glaring mistakes the last few games and when he doesn’t put up pts at all it’s going to show if he’s not super good defensively. Not surprised to see him out.

Posted a month ago exactly to the day.

That didn't age well, either did this team unfortunately...

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
He’s a capable fourth line player. Which is fine

Having the ability to draft (or in this case sign out of college) guys like him is good.

This way you don’t turn into the Isles handing out fourth line players 3 million dollars

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I don't worry about the bottom liners as much as some others. If the top liners are doing their jobs and producing it usually makes it a lot easier for the bottom liners to do their jobs and contribute more.

I like Lettieri by the way. He reminds me a bit of Callahan when he first came up and yeah it took Callahan two/three years of working his butt of to become one of our better players but IMO Lettieri has enough game that he could become a pretty good 3rd liner if he works his butt off.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Updated Paisan Rangers Power Rankings:

1. Tony DeAngelo
2. Mats Zuccarello
3. Olli Jokinen

olli.jpg

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
JT Miller says hello

Both will, but I think Buchnevich will more than Miller.

Someone mentioned recently that Panarin is playing over 20 minutes per game. I didn't believe it, how could you give a player who doesn't PK over 20 minutes? Thats what we were told is the reasoning Buch plays so little.

If Buch had another five minutes of TOI per game, he'd probably be close to a PPG player. Thats a bigger improvement than I think Miller would make. I think Miller would be more solid defensively.

Reactions: Rangers in 7

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
He’s a terrible player. Honestly. I like the kid but he’s not an nhler. Has ALOT to work on and doesn’t have the time to do it.

He's a pro rookie. He turned 23 last week. Presumably he improves next year, maybe another year after that. If he already hit his plateau at 22, he's a minor leaguer. If he improved slightly, he's a journeyman 4th liner. But it is not unrealistic that he takes a solid step forward and becomes a 3rd liner.

Reactions: kovazub94

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
He's a pro rookie. He turned 23 last week. Presumably he improves next year, maybe another year after that. If he already hit his plateau at 22, he's a minor leaguer. If he improved slightly, he's a journeyman 4th liner. But it is not unrealistic that he takes a solid step forward and becomes a 3rd liner.

Why waste brain cells to think and try to rationally project when you could call someone terrible and moooo-ve on.

Reactions: Amazing Kreiderman

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Vinni is fine. I’m not gonna write him off for a meh string of games in his rookie season, especially when he was playing on the 4th line with McLeod and Holland.

Yeah he is definitely better off playing a bigger role in he AHL than a 4th line role in the NHL. In terms of development stage and what we can handle or to get from Lettieri I kind of compare him to a young Ryan Callahan. And Cally was also demoted twice after he got his first stint in the NHL. And Cally improved a lot his first 5-6 years as a pro, and he was 21 when he turned pro. Vinnie need to have the same kind of journey. Few do, but if anyone can it’s characters like Cally and Vinnie. He needs to become faster and stronger. Become the type who when he goes shoulder to shoulder with someone he wins most battles. And so forth.

Reactions: Rangers in 7

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Yeah he is definitely better off playing a bigger role in he AHL than a 4th line role in the NHL. In terms of development stage and what we can handle or to get from Lettieri I kind of compare him to a young Ryan Callahan. And Cally was also demoted twice after he got his first stint in the NHL. And Cally improved a lot his first 5-6 years as a pro, and he was 21 when he turned pro. Vinnie need to have the same kind of journey. Few do, but if anyone can it’s characters like Cally and Vinnie. He needs to become faster and stronger. Become the type who when he goes shoulder to shoulder with someone he wins most battles. And so forth.

Young Ryan Callahan was heart and guts and sacrificially threw his body around with reckless abandon and who had some skill to go with that. That's not what I see in Lettieri.

Graves94

Nov 26, 2010
Montreal
Young Ryan Callahan was heart and guts and sacrificially threw his body around with reckless abandon and who had some skill to go with that. That's not what I see in Lettieri.
I really believe Lettieri needs to add some weight/muscle in the off season. He moves pretty well, has a hard shot, but needs to put on more weight to avoid being on the ice so often and improve his board work.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
He had a bad game last night. It happens. It's not the end of the world he's back down even if it's for a weekend.

The real travesty is Holland should be down and Nieves should be up at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->