Lets talk Patrick Marleau

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I think at this point of his career, he's the kind of player who can get to where he needs to go due to skating, does the right thing all the time, and can chip in with some goals at the same time. Not much flash, but stable. The kind that you don't notice much, but if you focus on him you like pretty much everything he does.

Reactions: AppsSyl and Lauro

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Marleau, was alright, then he scored a garbage goal in a dirty area, after some decent spade work by Kadri and Uncle Leo.

The Leafs need more players who can score important goals at important times like what Marleau did tonight.

Go Leafs Go!
Go Leafs Go!
Go Leafs Go!

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
This is what was expected when we signed him and I am expecting even more as the season progress

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
He is only just starting to fit in and he is ppg. Pretty good sign. Tonight he seemed to drive the line a bit more than usual and that will likely continue. He is a great player.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Great player putting up points on the line that seems to be the worst fit for him of the top 3 lines.

See him staying for minimum 2 seasons, and then we'll see what his level of play is which will influence whether or not Korshkov takes his LW spot

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
Love Marleau and would love to see him score 60+ points while providing veteran leadership.

That said, I don't think he's looked great so far as a Leaf. Hopefully just an adjustment thing but outside the PP he doesn't seem to have the speed to keep up.

Really small sample size though, hopefully he tears it up.

Brownbeard

Oct 6, 2017
Great signing

That said, I don't think he's gotten into a groove yet, despite posting some pretty good numbers and some nice goals. I think he's still getting used to being a Leaf, and I'm not sure being on a line with Komarov and even Kadri is the best fit for him.

Hopefully he'll just keep getting better.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Looking to be and excellent addition to the team. I've been very surprised/impressed by his physical condition.

That said, at 5v5 if he could be utilized differently

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
He looks quite at times, and I think people see that as him being meh or not doing much.
But he plays right and hard. He's very responsible in his own zone, and that's fine by me. Kind of like a dman, where if you're not being noticed they are having a good game, similar here. Although you want to be noticed in the o zone haha.

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
love his skating and size, hes a power forward, and we can complain about jvr all we want but its nice to have these bigs boys to get us some garbage goals as well as all of our skilled goals

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
I noticed that his locker room stall is next to Matthews. He'll be a good influence on Matthews and will pass on anything that is possible for a 38 year old respected former star and 500 goal scorer to pass on. For that reason alone, Marleau was the best signing we could've done. Better than any defenceman out there on the market this past summer.

And his personality and calm demeanor is just perfect for this young club. When it's all said and done one day, I bet Matthews will credit Marleau for his mentorship the way Datsyuk and Zetterberg credit Yzerman and Shanahan.

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
Marleau, was alright, then he scored a garbage goal in a dirty area, after some decent spade work by Kadri and Uncle Leo.

The Leafs need more players who can score important goals at important times like what Marleau did tonight.

Go Leafs Go!
Go Leafs Go!
Go Leafs Go!

Before he scored that goal he was the one keeping and maintaining pressure in the zone. He picked up every loose puck that shift by just skating.

Marleau has done everything we asked. Yeah he's expensive, and maybe a year too long (who knows), but he's doing exactly what we paid him to do so far which is great. He's here to do exactly what Jvr does with a game outside of the offensive zone, and to be a guy you can count on to battle for the puck

Hainsey and Marleau were great pickups for what we're trying to accomplish with our true core players.

The fact Roenick hates Marleau so much just makes me love Patty that much more

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Good player. Still has game. He is on the wrong line for him though. Kadri and komorov excel in the grinding game with a Brown type player

He would look perfect with Marner and add D to that line. Of course it makes too much sense to happen

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I'm very happy with his contributions so far, and he hasn't had more than a sniff on the top line like we all hoped for prior to the season. Can't ask for much more from him.

The Best Leafs Ever

Feb 28, 2017
Never once was I ever against this signing, I knew what kind of player we were getting and even though his current pace at PPG is too high I still think he can finish around 60 points by the end of the season. 6.25 mil for a vet who has a very healthy record and stellar career isn't bad while we still have our core players on ELC. At best we can just let players like JVR walk who wants longer term and doesn't provide enough to warrant the kind of contracts they will get for the team.

NiL8r87

Jun 30, 2009
As someone who's followed Marleau in fantasy hockey, he has a tradition of starting off hot and falling off later in the year. Glad to see he can still start off well, but I'm not even ready to put my projection above 50 pts yet.

MapleLeafistan

Oct 5, 2017
Victoria, BC
Marleau was picked up for 1 reason. Playoffs. Assuming they make it (which I think they will), Marleau will be a big asset.

And I'm surprised so far by his stats. He's stacked up points and still has kept relatively quiet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad