Let's talk about movies (and TV shows)... Part XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Nirvanna the Band the Show is really really funny. We'll see how it goes from here but strong contender for funniest Canadian TV show I've ever seen.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
There is a link to Marc Labreche in Bossy, Morissette and Julien by Paul Houde.
Labrèche en Dave Morissette…

"Coach, est-ce qu'il y a quelqu'un qui peut se lever dans ce vestiaire . ou ils sont tous gênés parce qu'y z'ont la bizoune à l'air?"
"En tous cas c'est clair comme du loup de roche!"

Dave Morrisec en Direc. :laugh:

They even cut down to size the annoying sponsor that creeps in on all shows, "Albi le Géant". I had never seen a sponsor getting this kind of treatment in a sketch.

Mike Bossy got destroyed. One of the user comments said that the real individuals are even thicker than the depictions in the skit. He's right, Morissette is a simpleton langue de bois and Mike Bossy makes a lot of facial expressions and voice inflections that are cringeworthy. I know it's far too easy, these guys are low hanging fruit for a parody but still, damn scathing. :laugh:

Thanks for sharing.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

They even cut down to size the annoying sponsor that creeps in on all shows, "Albi le Géant". I had never seen a sponsor getting this kind of treatment in a sketch.

Mike Bossy got destroyed. One of the user comments said that the real individuals are even thicker than the depictions in the skit. He's right, Morissette is a simpleton langue de bois and Mike Bossy makes a lot of facial expressions and voice inflections that are cringeworthy. I know it's far too easy, these guys are low hanging fruit for a parody but still, damn scathing. :laugh:

Thanks for sharing.
It's really funny (and sad) how the french shows and network seem only capable of hiring completely idiot sounding commentators. Lebeau, Damphousse, Morrissette, Gaston, Stock, Bergeron, Perron, Carbo, Bossy, Theo, etc..
The only one who sounds half decent is Enrico...and even then.
Thank the baby jesus they were able to find Marc Denis for the games...

But I don't get it. Why can't they hire more articulate people. It's embarrassing.
It's not like those guys are providing us with big scoops and insightful analysis. They seem to understand the game barely any better than the average fan and have zero scoop.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Was watching Altered Carbon and it doesn't get interesting until the 6th episode so if you have no patience don't bother.

Reactions: Runner77

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Nirvanna the Band the Show is really really funny. We'll see how it goes from here but strong contender for funniest Canadian TV show I've ever seen.
I love mockumentery, thank you for making me aware of that. Canadian comedy is seriously underrated we got the guy who made a fool of himself in the 90's what's his name? Jim Carrey and Norm Macdonald. We're a funny bunch of guys up north.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It's really funny (and sad) how the french shows and network seem only capable of hiring completely idiot sounding commentators. Lebeau, Damphousse, Morrissette, Gaston, Stock, Bergeron, Perron, Carbo, Bossy, Theo, etc..
The only one who sounds half decent is Enrico...and even then.
Thank the baby jesus they were able to find Marc Denis for the games...

But I don't get it. Why can't they hire more articulate people. It's embarrassing.
It's not like those guys are providing us with big scoops and insightful analysis. They seem to understand the game barely any better than the average fan and have zero scoop.

There have to be more Marc Denis types out there. The guy is cerebral and well-spoken, a rarity in the circle he operates in. Probably has to do with many players not being motivated to continue in media once their careers are over, after all they don't really need the money.

In the olden days, RadCan put their broadcasters through the wringer before they allowed them on air. Gilles Tremblay was the first player to transition into media at the time and he wasn't exactly talkative and articulate but he did become a media pro over time, who was credible.

The barrier to entry on these sports shows is rather low. They just seem to keep adding hockey retirees who have name-recognition rather than those who can express issues from a perspective that fans do not typically have. What really is irksome, is the constant resorting to clichés and the over-the-top self-congratulatory, laying it thick type-friendships that lead to mostly attempts of comedy, jokes and bon vivant banter over actual content. Of course, levity is important but do we want shows where some of these experts spend more time reciting the internet and showing bloopers rather than bring actual interesting insider knowledge.

And the point you raise about scoops has always intrigued me. Look at the wide net of hockey "experts" both RDS and TVA Spanre have assembled. How is it that they never seem to break anything of major impact? It's almost as if they're all too afraid of upsetting one of their friends working within a hockey organization. There is a sense of far too much caution and not enough "hey, I'm here for the fans, I'd like to provide you with info you would really want to know and that matters to you as a fan of your team, don't believe the random rumor sites, here's info you can actually rely upon, I got it straight from several NHL management and scouting sources that have confirmed it to me and that I know to be credible, etc.".

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
There have to be more Marc Denis types out there. The guy is cerebral and well-spoken, a rarity in the circle he operates in. Probably has to do with many players not being motivated to continue in media once their careers are over, after all they don't really need the money.

In the olden days, RadCan put their broadcasters through the wringer before they allowed them on air. Gilles Tremblay was the first player to transition into media at the time and he wasn't exactly talkative and articulate but he did become a media pro over time, who was credible.

The barrier to entry on these sports shows is rather low. They just seem to keep adding hockey retirees who have name-recognition rather than those who can express issues from a perspective that fans do not typically have. What really is irksome, is the constant resorting to clichés and the over-the-top self-congratulatory, laying it thick type-friendships that lead to mostly attempts of comedy, jokes and bon vivant banter over actual content. Of course, levity is important but do we want shows where some of these experts spend more time reciting the internet and showing bloopers rather than bring actual interesting insider knowledge.

And the point you raise about scoops has always intrigued me. Look at the wide net of hockey "experts" both RDS and TVA Spanre have assembled. How is it that they never seem to break anything of major impact? It's almost as if they're all too afraid of upsetting one of their friends working within a hockey organization. There is a sense of far too much caution and not enough "hey, I'm here for the fans, I'd like to provide you with info you would really want to know and that matters to you as a fan of your team, don't believe the random rumor sites, here's info you can actually rely upon, I got it straight from several NHL management and scouting sources that have confirmed it to me and that I know to be credible, etc.".

The barrier to entry is definitely low. I mean, who in the hell thinks "That Dave Morrissette would make a terrific host!"..Who would come to such a ridiculous conclusion? Luckily enough for them, there is pretty much no competition out there. They have l'antichambre, who is pretty much just as bad. I will say however that no matter how annoying Stephane Langdeau is, at least he doesn't have a high school caliber vocabulary and syntax. But then they bring on guests like Carbo who you just feel bad for because it takes him 4 attempts to formulate a half decent phrase that reflects his thought.
It's pretty sad when the english radio host comes on and speaks better than the local frenchmen.

Honestly, I do not know why they set the bar so low.

As for the scoops, I just don't think those guys are connected. I don't think guys like Carbo or Morrissette have that many numbers of highly placed people in the league, let alone guys like Gaston or Langdeau. Guys like Luc Gelinas can barely speak english, who is he going to talk to for scoops in a predominantly english business..
Renaud Lavoie was the only one who was becoming not bad when he was at RDS. Since moving the TVA though, not sure what happened but he became useless.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The barrier to entry is definitely low. I mean, who in the hell thinks "That Dave Morrissette would make a terrific host!"..Who would come to such a ridiculous conclusion? Luckily enough for them, there is pretty much no competition out there. They have l'antichambre, who is pretty much just as bad. I will say however that no matter how annoying Stephane Langdeau is, at least he doesn't have a high school caliber vocabulary and syntax. But then they bring on guests like Carbo who you just feel bad for because it takes him 4 attempts to formulate a half decent phrase that reflects his thought.
It's pretty sad when the english radio host comes on and speaks better than the local frenchmen.

Honestly, I do not know why they set the bar so low.

As for the scoops, I just don't think those guys are connected. I don't think guys like Carbo or Morrissette have that many numbers of highly placed people in the league, let alone guys like Gaston or Langdeau. Guys like Luc Gelinas can barely speak english, who is he going to talk to for scoops in a predominantly english business..
Renaud Lavoie was the only one who was becoming not bad when he was at RDS. Since moving the TVA though, not sure what happened but he became useless.

The scoop aspect is an interesting quandary since we've seen a lot of their ex-teammates enter coaching or scouting and rising up the ranks within several organizations, but none of these privileged friendships and contacts seem to be translating into anything, even under the cover of anonymity. And based on what we've seen the Friedmans and LeBruns come up with and they're not ex-players, I wonder how much of it is a matter of interpersonal skills vs. just applying an old-fashioned plain hard work approach.

I suspect that as consummate pros, Friedman and LeBrun do both. Maybe our local ex-jocks are not willing to invest themselves to a similar extent and are thus left just picking up crumbs or simply recycling what the Friedmans and LeBruns are delivering.

What is particularly annoying and a big waste of time from these ex-jocks on both RDS and TVA, is those syrupy conversations with ex-coaches that they bring in studio or even ex-teammates who are now in a management capacity and the resulting interactions never amount to anything of value but the nostalgia of their pasts. There is a place for that but really, to never generate a scoop from these types of interactions, sounds like someone is playing it way too safe. And too safe on TV = boring.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Was watching Altered Carbon and it doesn't get interesting until the 6th episode so if you have no patience don't bother.

Thanks for the feedback. I started watching and was put off by the first episode, I couldn't empathize with the characters, couldn't get myself to have a rooting interest. The lead character could die for all I care and usually that spells the end of me watching further.

However, if there is a slow build at play, I may want to consider being more patient. Although, if it takes 5 episodes to really understand it and get into it, you have to wonder why it's structured that way to begin with. There is only one season available and I'm guessing it encompasses what, a dozen episodes? It's a heavy investment to have nearly half of the episodes on a new show be used as a set-up for a payoff that won't be lasting very long.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
The scoop aspect is an interesting quandary since we've seen a lot of their ex-teammates enter coaching or scouting and rising up the ranks within several organizations, but none of these privileged friendships and contacts seem to be translating into anything, even under the cover of anonymity. And based on what we've seen the Friedmans and LeBruns come up with and they're not ex-players, I wonder how much of it is a matter of interpersonal skills vs. just applying an old-fashioned plain hard work approach. I suspect that as consummate pros, Friedman and LeBrun do both. Maybe our local ex-jocks are not willing to invest themselves to the same level and are thus just picking up crumps or simply recycling what the Friedmans and LeBruns are delivering.
I think perhaps it's because those guys don't seem to be involved in any way within the league. Friedman and Lebrun are sent by their employers to cover events. They don't just sit in a studio to comment after or before the games. Carbo sometimes is there to comment between periods, that's about it.

And yes you're right, getting scoops is all about building strong relationships. I mean, I don't think Gaston Therrien lurks around the boxes and tries to smooch with the other teams.
To be fair, I don't know if it's entirely on them. RDS should pay those guys to go on the road and build relationships. I don't think they do that. I mean, who is crazy enough to think Carbo is gonnna be a great guy to spend money on for some PR-Networking work..?
Well..I guess they are already crazy enough to think he's a good guy to have around as a analyst...
So maybe it's just RDS and TVA that are just ran by some weird decision makers.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Thanks for the feedback. I started watching and was put off by the first episode, I couldn't empathize with the characters, couldn't get myself to have a rooting interest. The lead character could die for all I care and usually that spells the end of me watching further.

However, if there is a slow build at play, I may want to consider being more patient. Although, if it takes 5 episodes to really understand it and get into it, you have to wonder why it's structured that way to begin with. There is only one season available and I'm guessing it encompasses what, a dozen episodes? It's a heavy investment to have nearly half of the episodes on a new show be used as a set-up for a payoff that won't be lasting very long.
I'm only up to the sixth episode so I can't vouch for it beyond that. That's like six hours, so yeah, it's probably not worth your time. If it gets really good I'll report back.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I think perhaps it's because those guys don't seem to be involved in any way within the league. Friedman and Lebrun are sent by their employers to cover events. They don't just sit in a studio to comment after or before the games. Carbo sometimes is there to comment between periods, that's about it.

And yes you're right, getting scoops is all about building strong relationships. I mean, I don't think Gaston Therrien lurks around the boxes and tries to smooch with the other teams.
To be fair, I don't know if it's entirely on them. RDS should pay those guys to go on the road and build relationships. I don't think they do that. I mean, who is crazy enough to think Carbo is gonnna be a great guy to spend money on for some PR-Networking work..?
Well..I guess they are already crazy enough to think he's a good guy to have around as a analyst...
So maybe it's just RDS and TVA that are just ran by some weird decision makers.

A few points from the examples you raised.

When you look at a guy like Gaston Therrien, what does he do when he's not on the air (and he's on often, even on 5 à 7). He says it all the time, he attends Habs practices. He's not there to build contacts, he reports on the adjustments the coach is making, the length of practices, whether he likes or approves of the drills, whether punitive drills should be implemented, players who drag their feet, etc. All of this helps him with his Xs and Os arguments and drawing lines and circles on his electronic board. He's a technician and a micro-analyzer of plays, pucks, feet, positions etc. Doesn't look to me that a guy like that would ever be involved in gathering material for scoops.

Secondly, RDS looks way overstaffed to me, just seeing how many of these ex-jocks they have on contract. But that wouldn't be a bad thing in and of itself. It seems to me that they seem to be hiring too many individuals who have the same attributes and flaws. When you have one of their mainstays on AC, Vincent Damphousse, constantly evaluating player performances by invoking plus/minus stats, you just know there is a problem. Or some other ex-players who satisfy themselves with uttering generalities that the average fan comes up on his own without having had to play in the NHL, then they're making life easier for you -- they're inviting you to use your fast-forward button. And that's what I do, depending on how irritated I become with the Cliche Clown they dump on me as a viewer.

One such clown is Mathieu Darche. He's highly educated but can't enunciate and his head is so deep up his ex-teammates asses and players in general, that all he offers are soft points borne out of the obvious. Is anyone from management watching these performances? Is anyone auditing the show for audience metrics? How is Darche still on with the fare he provides? Unfortunately, he's not alone. There are many others that are just not providing anything interesting or salvageable and who could be replaced by individuals who are better connected to those who are within earshot of information that matters.

By way of example, one guy I really find fascinating to listen to, is Ray Lalonde. No one packs as much big picture and practical, hands-on analysis about his area of expertise, the business side of a hockey organization. If they could only make an effort to find an intelligent guy like Lalonde but who is more game of hockey and player procurement oriented, then the guy would stand out big time and draw attention.

You mentioned Luc Gélinas earlier. He's probably a nice guy and all and has the merit of having experience but when it comes to interviewing players in English, he makes a mockery of himself. He didn't learn the language better than he possesses and has never improved on the little he knows. And yet they allow him to make a laughing stock of himself by all the mangled questions he puts to mostly fluent English speakers he interacts with at ice level during warm-ups. Why don't they replace him or assign him to some other tasks more suited to his skill level? How is no one at RDS noticing how cringeworthy the guy is doing these segments where he's clearly out of his element?

And that's also part of the problem. Seems like a lot of dinosaur-type on-air personalities like Gélinas or like a Claudine Dauville (who was recruited from a community channel where she sounded horrendous) and who is so monotone and slow that no one can possibly believe they handed her a mike -- these leftover personalities from the olden days, are just bringing the product down. They're either misused or shouldn't be there at all.

Unfortunately, RDS management seems to have the same hoarding country club attitude as Marc Bergevin retaining a large staff of ineffectual friends to handle sensitive decision-making for his organization. Some staff pruning and upgrading is long overdue but none of them seems to be in a hurry to make it happen.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land

Thanks for sharing.
To be honest, the real Dave Morissette show can be funnyer than the Labreche mockery. After the 3rd time watching, I didn't find that sketch so funny. There is room for improvement. I have to say Labreche is very generous in his work. There is a lot of work involved, decors, etc. Each character is about an hour of make-up. If I watch that without my glasses I could think I watch the real Dave Morissette show.

But that brings me to the same conclusion like you and Kriss E said on this page : french hockey shows are low with the quality of analists, french spoken articulate, absence of scoops,, etc. I watch sometimes Morissette like I watch a comedy show to be honest. The best these shows provides are the decor set-up and the music, ... but in 2018 everybody offers that except community channels, lol.

Last edited:

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I love mockumentery, thank you for making me aware of that. Canadian comedy is seriously underrated we got the guy who made a fool of himself in the 90's what's his name? Jim Carrey and Norm Macdonald. We're a funny bunch of guys up north.

yeah I think for years now people have always wondered aloud why Canadians are so funny. We've had some big comedy exports over the years. Not a lot of genuinely funny TV shows. Some really good ones but not a whole lot.

When my friend who's a HUGE Curb fan told me Nirvanna the band the Show was ACTUALLY funnier than Curb my ears perked up instantly. Like he really only watches Curb as far as modern day comedy shows. That and Arrested Development. So when he told me this was funnier I couldn't believe it.

Saw it for myself and oh wow. There's a few hiccups around the middle of the first season and I got a bit worried it wouldn't go back to what made it good but it definitely does.

I can't remember a show where I've had this many solid laughs. Hell forget about Canadian comedies, so far imo it's up there with the best of the best: Curb, Arrested Development, British Office, Peep Show, etc. If it's not funnier than those ones at the very least it's AS funny. No question about it.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
@De Montreal I hereby summon thee! What did you end up thinking about the series Dark? Thanks for suggesting The OA, will be checking that out next!

I binged watched the entire series of Dark. I have not done that in a long long time. Episodes were highly digestible and addictive. As great as Stranger Things was, this show is next level amazing! Best show I've watched since Westworld and True Detective season 1.

I'm really glad that Dark is not just the German carbon copy of Stranger Things. While there is some influence and similar plot devices to the hit show, they are really nothing a like. Dark is more of a crime drama, murder mystery thriller with an emphasis on time travel and character development where as Stranger Things' characters are more caricatures and tropes, not that there is anything wrong with that, that is part of it's charm. The show has a dark overtone without being depressing. And to the poster who described Ulrich as the love child between Matthew McConaughey and Mads Mikkelsen is spot on lmao!

Overall I highly recommend checking it out. Really looking forward to the next season. 9/10

Netflix’s Dark is hard to watch, and impossible to stop watching

Dark is closer to the original run of David Lynch and Mark Frost’s 1990s groundbreaker Twin Peaks, with a steaming nuclear power plant dominating the town instead of a lumber mill. Dark isn’t just about a murder that comes with a disturbing tinge of the supernatural. It’s about a community of people, all with their own problems, and all linked in different ways — both in the present and in the past.

Last edited:

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008

Thanks for the suggestion. I do not watch very many comedies but I really enjoyed season 1 of Letterkenny.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
altered carbon: 7/10 An uneven show with boring parts and some great moments and good fight scenes.

The show is based on a wildly beloved novel and best seller. I hope it doesn't flop lol. It would be nice to have some more hit shows produced/filmed in Canada.....keeping the economy going. From my understanding, this show alone employees 400 people (directly). Netflix has budgeted $7 million USD per episode. I don't think this show is going to make it past 2 seasons based on the ratings. It's too expensive to only get mediocre ratings. Maybe Netflix will have better luck with "The Witcher"?

Apparently the first two episodes are a bit tough to get through, lots of talk and very slow paced to set everything up. That seems to be the formula that Netflix series follows. But if you can sit through those episodes, the rest of the series is very enjoyable.

I am sorry to hear about the lead actor. I loved The Killing in spite of Joel Kinnaman and Robocop the 2014 reboot is one of only two movies I've ever watched that I literally could not finish. Despite this I will still be checking out this series for the visuals alone and Blade Runner and Deus Ex vibes. Will report back.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
So uhmmm.. i watched The Cloverfield Paradox

Among its genre, it's a good flick. Not much new in it in terms of plot, but if you're into Quantum physics, there's a lot of it used, very deliberately also, so that part is good if you're into it. What I didn't like is how the trailer let us on on how it explains the original Cloverfield, which it doesn't in the least.

As a movie, 6.8, for it's genre, 7.5

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Just finished Mindhunter, it was fantastic, is there a way to navigate the older threads to see what was being said about the show in discssion? id love to see what some of your insights were , but back then lol

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
So uhmmm.. i watched The Cloverfield Paradox

Among its genre, it's a good flick. Not much new in it in terms of plot, but if you're into Quantum physics, there's a lot of it used, very deliberately also, so that part is good if you're into it. What I didn't like is how the trailer let us on on how it explains the original Cloverfield, which it doesn't in the least.

As a movie, 6.8, for it's genre, 7.5

It was a bad movie by any standard. It did explain how the monsters got on earth in the first movie and to be honest there wasn't much else to explain. So weird this franchise - the second film 10 Copperfield lane is so gloriously good one of the best movies in awhile but the rest hmm.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
It was a bad movie by any standard. It did explain how the monsters got on earth in the first movie and to be honest there wasn't much else to explain. So weird this franchise - the second film 10 Copperfield lane is so gloriously good one of the best movies in awhile but the rest hmm.

The only way I can see that it explains it is that in one of the multiple alternate realities, it opened the door to one of the monsters, and in the past, no less, but we see none of that. The one we see in the end is not the same reality as the one in the first movie. The first movie isnt in some distant dystopian scarcity driven race for free energy. You have to make the leap yourself to say "so ok, that quantum singularity caused a rip in the space-time continuum and because the trailer (and opening credits) said the movie explained the original one, I have to assume that the rip is what caused the monster to appear in the original one". It takes a leap.

I get why you'd like Cloverfield lane better than the other two, but I don't. While the "Shinning/War of the World" mix did well in delivering a suspenful, paranoid and claustrophobic feel, it was highly predictable, for me.

While the latest installment was somewhat very predictable in the plot twists, it still surprised me in many ways, in the overall use of Quantum mechanics as plot devices, which is what I'm looking for after seeing literally over a thousand scifi movies. Not much surprises me anymore, and I thought it was a little refreshing.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
I've been watching Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee with Jerry Seinfeld. Overall I enjoy it. Funniest interviews for me so far were John Oliver and Kristen Wiig. Obama was good as was Will Ferrell.

The ones I didn't enjoy were Christoph Waltz. He seemed very awkward. The Howard Stern one was awful in my opinion. Stern just kept blabbing and wasn't funny at all. He made it extremely awkard to watch in a different way than Waltz did. I also didn't like Alec Baldwin's episode but that might be because I can't stand Alec Baldwin.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
altered carbon: 7/10 An uneven show with boring parts and some great moments and good fight scenes.

I'm back with my review of Altered Carbon. I think the above synopsis sums up the show pretty well. Mostly boring parts with some good fight scenes. I actually think I enjoyed the earlier episodes than the latter. I had to take a break after the 6th episode. The world building , production quality and visuals are through the roof! Honestly if anyone knows of a better looking show I'd love to hear it! I'd put it up there with the Blade Runner movies, maybe even better. It's just a shame they couldn't spend some of that budget on better actors.

Also what's with all the nudity? I had to double check if this show was made by Netflix or Starz lol. There's a cool fight scene in episode 8 which I think might have had more of an impact if you didn't just see every single female actress nude up to that point. At first I thought maybe the show is just being canon to the books as there is a lot of sex in the books but upon further research this show completely butchered the entire story! I mean made up characters and made up relationships that don't even exist including the one in which the entire show is based upon wtf ! I'd be pretty upset if I had actually read the books.The explanation by the creator of the show Laeta Kalogridis. is that she didn't know if the show was going to even get renewed for a 2nd season so she wanted to introduce characters that don't even appear until the 3rd book. Overall I really wanted to love this show. The potential was there but overall I think that it was let down by bad acting, writing and directing. Like Runner said, I couldn't care if any of these characters lived or died except for the AI concierge of the Raven hotel, he was awesome! I wonder if the push for such graphic nudity was the culprit for them selecting such B level actors that were willing to bear it all on camera. This is were Game of Thrones is underappreciated. They stuck as close as possible to the source material right up until the end and the show was awesome because of it! 7/10

The OA on the other hand BLEW MY MIND! This show is just NUTS! Full disclosure, how much you get out of this show depends on how much you connect with it but if you do, I'd put it up there with River. Believable acting and good writing. No spoilers, just check it out. 9/10

Shows that I plan to catch up on next:

Into the Badlands season 2
Black Sails season 4
MindHunter
Vikings season 2+

Last edited:

Mario Lemieux fan 66

Nov 2, 2012
Like-moi !: 8/10 Very funny sketch show.

Info, sexe et mensonges: 7.4/10 pretty funny

Faces places: 7.4/10 beautiful art documentary

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Started watching Peaky Blinders. Pretty good so far. The soundtrack is a bit odd given the time the story is meant to take place, but it's not too distracting.

I'm only halfway through the 1st season, but I get the feeling it's a good show that had the potential to be great had it had a bit more budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad