Let's talk about movies (and TV shows)... Part XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Also watched The Ritual, euro horror movie. Based in a forest in Sweden. Pretty scary until you actually see the big bad once and for all, then its kinda comical.

Tried watching Veronica, didnt finish it... (i was alone and i was scared shitless when i saw the blind nun so i will wait for my GF to watch it.)

Reactions: Astormynight

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Also watched The Ritual, euro horror movie. Based in a forest in Sweden. Pretty scary until you actually see the big bad once and for all, then its kinda comical.

Tried watching Veronica, didnt finish it... (i was alone and i was scared ****less when i saw the blind nun so i will wait for my GF to watch it.)

Only one way to watch Veronica -- you need a good supply of THC gummies. If I were you, I'd seek out The Notorious W3K. :sarcasm:

Mario Lemieux fan 66

Nov 2, 2012
A Fantastic Woman : 7/10 Great lead actress, good cinematography but the senseless and over the top hate seem a little bit too much.

On body and soul or Loveless should have won the Oscar instead.

Insyriated: 6.8/10

Last edited:

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
You probably watched Better Call Saul? Never seen McKean as epic as in ep 5 of season 3.

Wonder if the show is gonna be as good if Chuck McGill isn't in it anymore.

"I know you. I know what you were, what you are. People don't change! You're Slippin' Jimmy! And Slippin' Jimmy I can handle just fine, but Slippin' Jimmy with a law degree is like a chimp with a machine gun!"

I'm not too concerned about the show moving on from Chuck. So much material to dig in. The writing is solid, and the performances are stellar. The standalone Mike episode from Season 2 ('Five-O', where he deals with his son's death by nailing the crooked cops who offed him) is probably the best hour of television I've watched since... forever, I guess. And I'm old.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Official Infinity War trailer just dropped. Pretty dope.

Finally got a look at the Black Order in the trailer also. Awesome stuff. I wonder if they are going to do the finger snap as well to end the movie.

Read a fan theory that the Soul stone is in Captain America's blood (used to make the serum I guess) which explains the end scene of the trailer. Not sure about that, but it also mirrors the circumstances from the comic book arc (Cap and Thanos squaring off.. not the thing about the Soul stone).

Total watch binge with Wifey of Blacklist. I love Spader.

While the wife and I enjoy the show, we're having a hard time getting back into it since it returned from winter break. We'll have to binge the recent 3-4 episodes and we'll be caught up.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I hope they all die so they can stop making these superhero movies already.

As a fan of sci-fi, fantasy and superhero movies, I agree that they've saturated the market.

BUT, even though I'm not stoked about any of those flicks coming out, there's one character, my favorite of all time, which they have finally brought out the right way. Marvel knows how to develop their own brand into great movies and they finally managed to offer a version of spider-man which is true to the comics. Now, they started him a bit young, but I feel that they'll age him quickly and we'll finally get to see some of the greatest stories of Peter Parker's life.

Spidey and Deadpool.

Although, I'm looking forward and wonder if Dark Phoenix will live up to it's comic book counterpart. They did a great job with Days of future past and contrarily to most, I really liked the movie version of Age of Apocalypse.

Reactions: Redux91

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Fugueuse: 7.4/10 Pretty good and compelling.
The franco series of Quebec on TVA to take more seriously. Fuguese interpellate a recent subject. Who becames a scourge and a real problem here. There is a lot of prejudices about these girls who've fallen into the trap of these proxenetes. It has helped many parents and women to warn against that. The documents, the interviews and all the information they've published are other useful tools.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
The franco series of Quebec on TVA to take more seriously. Fuguese interpellate a recent subject. Who becames a scourge and a real problem here. There is a lot of prejudices about these girls who've fallen into the trap of these proxenetes. It has helped many parents and women to warn against that. The documents, the interviews and all the information they've published are other useful tools.

I never really bothered with any of the local téléromans. Usually I catch glimpses of them as background noise and everything about them seems incredibly... cheap. The acting, the over the top dialogue and its piss poor delivery, the equally over the top scenarios happening on a weekly basis.

I had a family dinner last week and they ended up in front of the tv watching district 31 and holy crap did it look poor.

I don't know about fugueuse though, there's definitely a bit of hype around that show.

Absolutely. Got my tickets yesterday....

I don't really get excited by Marvel movies anymore. Thor Ragnarok was a lot of fun, but I think what killed the momentum of the whole MCU, or superhero movies in general, was the absolute let down that AOU ended up being.

It doesn't seem all that different this time around, except I guess Thanos is a bigger bad guy than Ultron was. But the overall plot seems to be the same, with yet another army of nameless characters.

The first avengers movie is the last time I was truly hyped for a Marvel movie, and the movie delivered for the most part, even though upon re-watch I don't think it'll age very well. Everything that happened after that sort of became over saturation for me. I'm still going to watch it though.

Last edited:

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I never really bothered with any of the local téléromans. Usually I catch glimpses of them as background noise and everything about them seems incredibly... cheap. The acting, the over the top dialogue and its piss poor delivery, the equally over the top scenarios happening on a weekly basis.

I had a family dinner last week and they ended up in front of the tv watching district 31 and holy crap did it look poor.

I don't know about fugueuse though, there's definitely a bit of hype around that show.

I don't really get excited by Marvel movies anymore. Thor Ragnarok was a lot of fun, but I think what killed the momentum of the whole MCU, or superhero movies in general, was the absolute let down that AOU ended up being.

It doesn't seem all that different this time around, except I guess Thanos is a bigger bad guy than Ultron was. But the overall plot seems to be the same, with yet another army of nameless characters.

The first avengers movie is the last time I was truly hyped for a Marvel movie, and the movie delivered for the most part, even though upon re-watch I don't think it'll age very well. Everything that happened after that sort of became over saturation for me. I'm still going to watch it though.

You didn't like GOTG vol 1 & 2?

They're kinda different from the rest of the MCU

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
You didn't like GOTG vol 1 & 2?

They're kinda different from the rest of the MCU

Vol 1 felt fresh. Vol 2 felt like a rehash of vol 1 and it was kind of flat for me.

I'm not saying everything after the first Avengers was bad. As I said, I think Ragnarok was one of the better Marvel movies. It just lost its appeal to me.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017

Only l'Imposteur and Fuguese piégée par amour worth that's it. Who remember Ramdam and Watatatow. Oh boy time flies.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Finally got a look at the Black Order in the trailer also. Awesome stuff. I wonder if they are going to do the finger snap as well to end the movie.

As much as I liked the scene in the comics, I wish that Thanos in the movie wouldn't be as powerful. Cause in the comics, once he get all the stones, he pretty much could play with reality like we do in a sandbox. That could get pretty boring. But aparantly in one scene, he throws a moon. This I can deal with.

Read a fan theory that the Soul stone is in Captain America's blood (used to make the serum I guess) which explains the end scene of the trailer. Not sure about that, but it also mirrors the circumstances from the comic book arc (Cap and Thanos squaring off.. not the thing about the Soul stone).

The scene with Cap was the most amazing. But I'm not sure how the super-soldier serum would link to the soul unless maybe that is why Steve Rogers was selected way back cause he had a good soul.

Steve just has an incredible force of will.

I was thinking the soul gem would come from Warlock - given that we saw his coccon made by the golden people in guardians 2. I would think you would need some sort of soul-creating device to make a new being.

Reactions: sandviper

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
As a fan of sci-fi, fantasy and superhero movies, I agree that they've saturated the market.

BUT, even though I'm not stoked about any of those flicks coming out, there's one character, my favorite of all time, which they have finally brought out the right way. Marvel knows how to develop their own brand into great movies and they finally managed to offer a version of spider-man which is true to the comics. Now, they started him a bit young, but I feel that they'll age him quickly and we'll finally get to see some of the greatest stories of Peter Parker's life.

Spidey and Deadpool.

Although, I'm looking forward and wonder if Dark Phoenix will live up to it's comic book counterpart. They did a great job with Days of future past and contrarily to most, I really liked the movie version of Age of Apocalypse.

My favorite character when I was a kid was Captain Mar-Vell and given they chose to have a female Cap, I don't have my hopes up for him.

A lot of Marvel movies have kind of just been "there". Well-made but nothing special. But given the expectations and how not only the Russo Bros. but many other directors came in to help out, I'm thinking Marvel will pull all the stops to make this great. Cause they don't want a failure there. I too thought the last time they made something close to great was Avengers. And I see this as a follow up. When the expectations are great the last time, they delivered. Let's see.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
As much as I liked the scene in the comics, I wish that Thanos in the movie wouldn't be as powerful. Cause in the comics, once he get all the stones, he pretty much could play with reality like we do in a sandbox. That could get pretty boring. But aparantly in one scene, he throws a moon. This I can deal with.

The scene with Cap was the most amazing. But I'm not sure how the super-soldier serum would link to the soul unless maybe that is why Steve Rogers was selected way back cause he had a good soul.

Steve just has an incredible force of will.

I was thinking the soul gem would come from Warlock - given that we saw his coccon made by the golden people in guardians 2. I would think you would need some sort of soul-creating device to make a new being.

Whether it's from Adam Warlock or not, it has been confirmed that he's not gonna be in part 1.

He'll probably be introduced in GOTG Vol3 before part 2 comes out.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com

Clearly you haven't watched the show. Everything about it is top notch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad