Let's Negotiate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Lou

Apr 2, 2004
I have read all of these posts throughout the lockout, and I must say I am shocked to see how much venom is being spewed by people who favor both sides. I would like to get past this and play "Let's Make a Deal". Let's use this thread to set up a negotiating committee for each side. Each side picks 5 people to represent them. If the majority of one side's committee agrees it will be included as part of our next "CBA". First, I will be looking to set up these teams and lay other ground rules. Mods, maybe you can help? :help:

This idea came to me after reading how pointless most of these posts are tonight. By the way, this is also an exercise to see just how difficult it might be to come to an agreement by realizing that there will be things that both sides don't like!

Anyone interested in being on either team?

amazingcrwns

drop the puck
Feb 13, 2003
Western MA
Visit site
Ogie Oglethorpe said:
I have read all of these posts throughout the lockout, and I must say I am shocked to see how much venom is being spewed by people who favor both sides. I would like to get past this and play "Let's Make a Deal". Let's use this thread to set up a negotiating committee for each side. Each side picks 5 people to represent them. If the majority of one side's committee agrees it will be included as part of our next "CBA". First, I will be looking to set up these teams and lay other ground rules. Mods, maybe you can help? :help:

This idea came to me after reading how pointless most of these posts are tonight. By the way, this is also an exercise to see just how difficult it might be to come to an agreement by realizing that there will be things that both sides don't like!

We don't have enough information about the NHL's finances let alone what the players really want to get something like this done. We've had lot's of proposals of new CBA's on this board, if that's what you feel like posting to get some feedback then go for it. We're not going to find anybody here who's life and business revolves around This CBA. We're not going to find people willing to throw away millions of dollars to get what they want in this thing. These issues are that important to the players and the owners, we just can't simulate that here.

two out of three*

Its already under way... An "HF deal" is close to being done.

Captain Lou

Apr 2, 2004
amazingcrwns said:
We don't have enough information about the NHL's finances let alone what the players really want to get something like this done. We've had lot's of proposals of new CBA's on this board, if that's what you feel like posting to get some feedback then go for it. We're not going to find anybody here who's life and business revolves around This CBA. We're not going to find people willing to throw away millions of dollars to get what they want in this thing. These issues are that important to the players and the owners, we just can't simulate that here.

Of course we cannot do a complete job, I was only referring to the major aspects of the CBA that we have all seen, and just trying to see if we as "die-hard" hockey fans could come up with terms that we could live with, and also by having 1 thread where all the good back and forth could take place. I have not seen any one thread where the posts were completely devoted to attempting to find a workable solution.

Maybe we should use the "proposal" floated by Bob McKenzie as the starting point, or we could start one of our own.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
Ogie Oglethorpe said:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but 10-11 HF members are currently working on a HF CBA deal.

Captain Lou

Apr 2, 2004
OilerFan4Life said:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but 10-11 HF members are currently working on a HF CBA deal.

I have searched the site, and haven't found anything. Are they doing it privately?

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Ogie Oglethorpe said:
I have searched the site, and haven't found anything. Are they doing it privately?

We have been in meetings all week and last week. Proposals will be posted soon.

two out of three*

Ogie Oglethorpe said:

The PA side made the 1st proposal. All was agreed except for a few key parts in the deal, and the owners have made a counter. The PA is close to proposing their counter offer.. I will post them both tonight.

Crazy Lunatic

PeterSidorkiewicz said:
If you want a hard cap and to be like the NFL, UFA age must be 24-25 then.

No it musn't. And if it is, then no guaranteed contracts. That is, if you want to be just like the NFL.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
Other Dave said:
You're on the PA team OF4L?
Yes..I know how awkward eh?? I like my ownership group and all but my stance has always been....Illitch(sp?), Dolan, Hicks etc etc have ruined this for everyone, so why should the PA pay for stupid owners decisions.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
TiesRLikeWins4Us said:
Its already under way... An "HF deal" is close to being done.

We still have philosophical differences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->