Let's fantasize about Bobby Orr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
OK, let's look at it this way. Long-term effects. Lidström plays for Detroit, where are they now? Orr played for Boston Bruins, where are they now?

Yeah that's what I thought.

you_win_the_prize-thumb.jpeg

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
I don't see a healthy Orr in 75-76 putting up the best numbers of his career after the Espo trade. Sure Ratelle played well but Park would snipe up some of the blueline scoring from Bobby me thinks.

You may be right. Based on his age and progression he looked ready to peak, but if Espo was gone, that would probably have a serious impact on his numbers. On the other hand.... what did Espo do without Orr?

J0e Th0rnton*

Orr is 59 years old. Even I could beat him.

Of course if were comparing them at their best, I'd still say Lidström was better. Better passer, shooter, defensively, puck handler, fighting, you know I wouldn't be surprised if Lidström was a better goal tender.

Your Canadian bias is really hurting this discussion =/

OK, let's look at it this way. Long-term effects. Lidström plays for Detroit, where are they now? Orr played for Boston Bruins, where are they now?

Yeah that's what I thought.

I really have no idea how to respond to this without getting myself banned.........

J0e Th0rnton*

A few days later, I still have no idea how to respond to this.........special person without getting banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad