GDT: Let's Duckin' Go: Calgary vs Anaheim (8PM, HNIC)

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
The thing that got me to hate Bieksa back in the Canucks days was how he used to repeatedly throw guys onto Luongo and then complain to the refs for goaltender interference. Over and over he'd do it. Like, that's your goalie. At some point you're going to cause an injury.

And to be honest, his conduct in the Flames/Canucks series wasn't very honourable. Waiting to fight a guy until a situation where he's actively playing the puck with his stick and you can get three free shots in...

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Don’t we remember that line braw from three years ago, where he lines up to take the draw; then backs out once Westy dropped his gloves?

Went on to pick his spot (he’s been a spot picker for years, and good on him, that’s what separates the intelligent guys from the clowns) against the ‘easy’ target Smid, only to get dropped?

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Don’t we remember that line braw from three years ago, where he lines up to take the draw; then backs out once Westy dropped his gloves?

Went on to pick his spot (he’s been a spot picker for years, and good on him, that’s what separates the intelligent guys from the clowns) against the ‘easy’ target Smid, only to get dropped?

That line brawl was awesome. Best part of that whole dismal season, I rewatch it on YouTube every once in a while.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
That line brawl was awesome. Best part of that whole dismal season, I rewatch it on YouTube every once in a while.
I actually thought that the second half of that season was extremely entertaining. We might've been a sub .500 team but we made it tough for a lot of good teams to get points.

Reactions: Cyrano

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Hell hath frozen over; the defending of Kevin 'Ferkland' Bieksa on the Flames board. Guy's a prick, has always been a prick, has always taken liberties and been a underrated dirty player because in his prime was a legit top 4D.

Great win, I watched this one on a cell phone while doing an Inglewood brewery crawl. Love what Benny and Hath did; first time this team has showed some balls in a long time. If you could get 1/100th of that emotion out of Monahan, our first line would be down right dominant.

Yeah man, I just love Benny so much. Kid is fearless and he dropped Manson, was awesome to watch. Manson is a tough mother.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Is Manson actually a good fighter or is he just living off his dad’s rep?

I don’t watch the ducks much

I didn’t realize that he was having such a good offensive season though, he’s 2nd in 5v5 dman points

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

I didn’t realize that he was having such a good offensive season though, he’s 2nd in 5v5 dman points

He did really well against Gio last year. Kind of fed him his lunch. He also held his own against Lucic as a rookie, and also has a fight against Cody McLeod on his card. He's definitely a tough customer.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017

I think with how little fights there are in the league it is tough to get a real good assessment of how good a fighter anyone young guy is but I think Manson is legit tough on his own and isn't just living off of his dad's rep.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I don't understand how anyone can like Bieksa's sense of humor, all he does it talk trash about every other person and boost up his own ego. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

He has no respect for anyone other than himself, the guy is a complete narcissist, which is hilarious since he is a trash NHL player. Like,

"lol it's funny because Bieksa called Ferland Ferkland because he makes jokes lol, who is Ferland, Bieksa so so funny"

- every media outlet in the Van/CGY match up a few years ago

Yet Ferland was destroying the Canucks in every sense of the word, offensively, mentally, physically. His After Hours thing yesterday is no different, when referring to talk to Tkachuk, "it's like talking to a 10 year old". The guy is a complete loser. The guy is a complete meathead douche nozzle. I don't even care if he ever retires, he is so bad on the ice I hope he stays with the Ducks for another 10 years, dragging them down with his terribleness. I've also never understood how people think this puff is tough, he always picks his fights, is a complete cheap shot artist and gets dropped by smaller guys. Wouldn't fight Ferland (Van/CGY series which was brought up) until Ferland had his head down after the puck and gave him 3 cheap shots before the stupid, useless, waste of space refs and linesmen interfered and wouldn't let Ferland actually fight Bieksa. Wasn't even the cheap shots that pissed me off, it was the linesmen and refs stopping it and then Bieksa getting no penalties. That was how many years ago and reffing has gotten no better, good job NHL, really protecting your talent there. A low IQ caveman over a young up and coming 30 goal scorer.

No one should ever defend this waste of space.

Reactions: Janks

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
I think the ducks are officially the team I hate the most. I cannot stand any of them, bunch of self absorbed losers who clearly get preferential treatment from the refs. Every time we play them we get completely screwed by officiating, to the point where all you can do is laugh.

But how about Bennett, that was like the time he fought Johnson, guy had 3 inches and 20 pounds on him and Bennett held his own. And yes, Manson is one tough dude, that cannot be argued at all. Bennett is the epitome of a fearless hockey player and I f***ing love it!!! Hope that kid is our captain after Gio.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Just coming in here to confirm that Micheal Ferland is a beast. Leads the team in 5v5 goals and goals/60, 2nd only to Gaudreau in 5v5 primary points, primary assists, primary points / 60, and iHDCF/60.

5v5 Goals:
Ferland 12
Monahan 10
Gaudreau 9

5v5 Primary points:
Gaudreau 21
Ferland 18
Monahan 16

There is certainly an argument to be made that he's been the team's 2nd best 5v5 player this year (and he leads the team in goals/60 on the PP as well).

Reactions: Sk8M8

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I think the ducks are officially the team I hate the most. I cannot stand any of them, bunch of self absorbed losers who clearly get preferential treatment from the refs. Every time we play them we get completely screwed by officiating, to the point where all you can do is laugh.

But how about Bennett, that was like the time he fought Johnson, guy had 3 inches and 20 pounds on him and Bennett held his own. And yes, Manson is one tough dude, that cannot be argued at all. Bennett is the epitome of a fearless hockey player and I ****ing love it!!! Hope that kid is our captain after Gio.

I'd say he more than held his own. Bennett is one of the best pound for pound fighters in the league.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
I'd say he more than held his own. Bennett is one of the best pound for pound fighters in the league.

Just went back to youtube and watched again. Yeah., he completely caught Johnson off guard by throwing bombs right out of the gate. Having zero fear can make up for any weight/height advantage. Frig I love that kid, the ducks game was a fun one to watch. But the only thing that made me jump off my couch was Bennett dropping Manson.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Kesler blows. I would take Bieksa over Kesler on the Flames any day simply because I wouldn't want to have to cheer for a team with Kesler on it, even given the disparity of talent between the two guys.
I am not a Kesler fan because he does not play for the Flames but can you imagine the mayhem a Tkachuk/Kesler/Bennett line would cause...

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Just went back to youtube and watched again. Yeah., he completely caught Johnson off guard by throwing bombs right out of the gate. Having zero fear can make up for any weight/height advantage. Frig I love that kid, the ducks game was a fun one to watch. But the only thing that made me jump off my couch was Bennett dropping Manson.

Yea that's his style. Just comes out throwing with no fear. Johansen and Trouba both learned that the hard way, and now so has Manson. Word is going to get out that you don't challenge Bennett unless your prepared to get 10-15 right hands thrown towards your head. He's a wild man.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad