Let's all get behind Price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
I hadn't heard of this myself before this thread and I doubt anyone gives a **** in a month.

Guys guys, Price is taking flak on twitter for hunting animals, let's get behind him !!! Laughable. This board rises to the defense of Price at the smallest of non events. Price is a grown ass man with millions in his bank account and he chose to twit pictures of himself holding a dead animal. I think he will manage without us "getting behind him", whatever that means.

Also,

I've always been of the opinion that if you follow someone, you do so because you like the person. If that stops being the case, unfollow. This becoming a media story is stupid.

This is hopelessly naive and that's an euphemism.

If you are a celebrity, and you willingly put yourself out there with any technological means be it tweeter, facebook, cameras, radios.. anything is fair game to be reported. You seem to have a warped notion of what twitter is. I hope you realize it's not just a tool for you to get closer to your idol and experience his life vicariously through his twitter account.

uiCk

Jan 20, 2009
MTL
The only issue I have is the gun being showed in the pic considering all the shootings recently.

See i hate this new age political correctness that is needed in this world today.

Soon, Price will take a picture with a set Pencil, made out of a certain coloring that was used in the production of certain toy that killed bunch of kittens in some random accident before, and mass will want to burn Price on a stake for not thinking about it.

Price doesn't have to be oversensitive like the majority of the mass is, that's none of his problem. S**t's getting ridiculous. I thought the Kane twitter public reaction was a joke, but this is getting to a whole other level. Shame.

Habsterix*

I strongly believe that many Habs' fans are opportunistic Drama Queens looking for any occasion and opportunity to pounce on a player, a coach, the GM or the team.

Ironically, those fans are like a bunch of coyotes and pray the same way they do: relying on the pack mentality, feeding off other negativity.

Sad, really, but I don't see it changing. The internet and easy, immediate access and transmission of info has unfortunately contributed to this 3-headed monster.

Those who do that remind me of the old lady sitting in her rocking chair, looking out the window and gossiping about the neighbours. Sad bunch...

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
i think most of this boils down to most have only lived in a city,and only been up close to wild life on there phones or computers.....never spent a week or month in the woods in there life , if they did they'd have a different perspective on animals..

I have and faced a few bears up close who took me by surprise, now would love to have had some of the city iphone generation out with me ..lol
Would love to have them stand there as the bear charges at you, and say nice bear , dont shoot it ...lol

Again it is called WILD LIFE, and it is there for many different reasons, and HUMANS rule over them period....

Last edited:

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
You know it's the off-season when we're criticizing the way Price is posing in a photo.

It's not the off-season , it's open season on those living rural lives. According to people who live south of Bloor St. Toronto, people should just go to Loblaws where meat appears magically.

People who live outside the cities are the great unwashed, uneducated and uncultured hicks who lead so meaningless lives as needing to be governed from the great thinkers of the cities. Twitter is but a means to judge and educate these poor souls.

PS: Gaining respect for Carey by the minute, be yourself don't apologize to anybody.

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
People need to get a life. As long it`s legal and he eats what he kills whatever.
However, that big ass sniper rifle (or something like that) was an overkill.

its a .223 i think, exactly what you need when you hunt bobcats and coyotes.so stop *****ing!!

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
The people were in the Cotoyes territory... why shouldn't they defend it? :sarcasm:

i wonder what all these bleeding hearts would say when they seen video of there dog or cat being killed by coyotes.....it happens every day.

I've seen horses killed by a pack of coyotes , it not a nice site to see.....

Again, to many people watching Hollywood make animals cuddly creatures(humanizing them)...

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
i wonder what all these bleeding hearts would say when they seen video of there dog or cat being killed by coyotes.....it happens every day.

I've seen horses killed by a pack of coyotes , it not a nice site to see.....

Again, to many people watching Hollywood make animals cuddly creatures(humanizing them)...
Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot you know my whole life.

I know animals can be vicious. But if you want to go that route, humans can be just as vicious. Not only to animals, but other humans as well.

thom

Mar 6, 2012
People should support price he did nothing wrong.But I can understand after the killings of the children he should have showed a little more sense.But I'm a hunter too I support him fully.People should google Guy Lafleur and you will see almost an exact picture of a dead animal and a rifle it was taken in early 80's it was humorous

Andros777

Apr 12, 2010
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I'm not going to demonize people who hunt responsibly with normal guns, for good reasons, just because of something some lunatic down in the states did. If anything, it makes me feel that much better about my country. A gun in the hands of someone here is just a recreational thing, it doesn't need to invoke bad memories or images.

68*

Carey Price can come in my house and shoot my ****ing cat if that's what gets him off. Just bring us a cup.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
http://bc.ctvnews.ca/man-attacked-by-coyote-warns-others-1.967876

CTV British Columbia
Published Saturday, Sep. 22, 2012 6:11PM PDT
Last Updated Monday, Sep. 24, 2012 8:41AM PDT

A Kamloops man is warning people to lock up their garbage and not to feed animals after he was attacked by a coyote while riding his bike earlier this week.

Mark Dal Ponte was riding his bike home from work Sunday night when he noticed a coyote was in hot pursuit.

http://www.quintenews.com/2012/11/coyote-attacks-boy/37157/
Coyote attacks boy
Posted 1 month ago

Mon, Nov 19th, '12 - 4:04 pm
Email this story to a friend Share this story on Facebook Tweet this story on Twitter

We’ve been warning that coyotes have been a problem in Belleville’s east end for some time now, and there’s good reason for that.

On Tuesday of last week, Sherri Davis was watching her 6 year old son Dante play in the Stanley Parkette off of Farley Avenue, when she saw what she thought was a sheperd/husky cross strolling through.

Her son approached the animal and it growled at him, and when he turned away to go back to Mom, the coyote attacked.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/1119125--oakville-girl-attacked-by-coyote

Oakville girl attacked by coyote

Published on Friday January 20, 2012

Video: Oakville girl describes coyote attack
Julia Couto, 8, describes how a coyote attacked her while she was playing in her neighbour's backyard.

a brazen coyote leapt over a backyard fence to attack an 8-year-old girl on Thursday afternoon, the entire town is on heightened alert for the howling carnivores, which have been known to prey on small pets, but are usually considered harmless to humans.

http://www.findlaycreek.ca/2012/11/...dents-about-a-coyote-attack-in-findlay-creek/

Notice to fellow residents about a coyote attack in Findlay Creek
by FCCA | 2 Comments
It has been reported to the FCCA that a 14-year-old girl was attacked by a coyote on Wednesday, October 24 around 7 p.m in the new park, near Creekview and Findlay Creek.
The girl needed treatment at CHEO and now she’s on a serial vaccine program. The police have been informed.
The coyote who attacked the girl is injured and walks on three paws.

http://thechronicleherald.ca/novascotia/96968-protective-gear-saves-teen-from-coyote

A Point Edward father believes his 14-year-old son might have died during a coyote attack Tuesday night if he hadn’t happened to be wearing body armour.

Brandon Bisson stepped off his dirtbike on a trail in the Westmount area of Cape Breton when the coyote ran at him,

http://abcnews.go.com/US/rare-coyote-attacks-10-days-spark-worries/story?id=16661145#.UN3d26wbs7s

June 14 in Southern California near Palm Desert, according to the Riverside County Animal Services. A 69-year-old woman was gardening at 7 p.m. in her yard June 21, was bit by a coyoted in a gated community when a coyote bit her.

June 21, a 5-year-old girl was bit by a coyote at Nehalem Bay State Park in Oregon, according to the Oregon Parks and Recreation Department. The attack is the first in Oregon State Park history.

Sadie Couch, of Oregon City, was walking with her family from the beach

Cornwall Ontario

Coyote attacks in city’s north end
http://www.standard-freeholder.com/2012/10/26/coyote-attacks-in-citys-north-end
By Cheryl Brink, Cornwall Standard Freeholder

Friday, October 26, 2012 8:27:57 EDT PM

Dogs have been attacked and cats have gone missing. A few residents of Eamer’s Corners are worried a child will be the next victim of coyotes that appear to have made themselves at home in the neighbourhood.

“I’ve been here for 25 years,” said Marie Dickenson, who lives on Patrick Street. “I’ve never see this.”

She said her chihuahua was ambushed by two coyotes behind her house last Monday, and was saved only by her husband’s quick intervention.

“I don’t even go in my backyard anymore,” she said.

She’s not the only one who has spotted the wild canines in the area; several have reported sightings over the last couple of weeks, including one resident who claimed to have surprised one sleeping behind his shed.

Lisa Ferguson, a Ross Street resident, said two have made appearances around her home, leaving her hesitant to send her dog or kids outside alone.

“They can’t even play in the backyard because I’m too afraid,” she said.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Fri Apr 13 2012 01:34:00
http://www.therecord.com/news/local/article/704459--dog-fights-off-relentless-coyote

Dog fights off ‘relentless' coyote
The dog was attacked by a coyote near Huron Road in Kitchener.
David Bebee/Record staff

KITCHENER — Winston the hound dog is battle-scarred and his owner traumatized after a coyote attack in south Kitchener.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/55052403-78/coyote-kennecott-rabies-utah.html.csp
First Published Oct 09 2012 03:19 pm • Last Updated Oct 10 2012 12:01 am

State wildlife officials are calling a coyote attack on a female security guard at Kennecott Utah Copper Monday night "rare" and "strange."

At 9:45 p.m. Monday, a contracted security officer staffing the Kennecott entrance at 10200 South and 8400 West was in a booth when a coyote entered through the door and lunged at the woman.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5027855...heaton-dog-killed-coyote-attack/#.UN3iA6wbs7s

NBCChicago.com
updated 12/22/2012 2:47:12 PM ET

A schnauzer dog was attacked and killed by a coyote that jumped a fence Friday night in Wheaton.

The attack happened around 10:30 p.m. in the 600 block of Plamondon Court, according to a press release from Wheaton Police.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Coyotes in oakville? Fine! How do they like the cold though? And if they like it, **** it, strap everybody north of the border! ****ers don't stand a chance

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
David Booth posts hunting pics like this and faces backlash in Vancouver, a very left wing city.

Coyotes are a problem in Vancouver. I live in the city halfway between a golf course and a public park and coyotes live in both and come down and roam around our neighbourhood. Our cat disappeared a month ago and we're pretty sure a coyote got him. What I would fear most is a toddler or baby being left unattended briefly and something terrible happening. There's pretty much no chance of a cull because animal rights lobbyists would throw a fit, but coyotes are a problem here.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Really, how is this a big deal?

Should anyone who has a Canada Goose coat with a Coyote lined hood also be admonished? How about people who swat flies or set mouse traps, wear animal skin/fur?

WTF has the world come to, people? Coyote's are the woodland version of vermin and even if I don't hunt myself, I see nothing wrong with this. They're not endangered, not useful in the wild and mostly a nuisance pest.

I also think people are forgetting Price is Native in decent and hunting is part of his culture. Take that you Pine tree and Turkey murdering Christians...

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I think he knew what he was doing and getting into by posting that picture. Booth went through same thing on a much bigger scale a few months back with his hunting pictures. Price even describes himself as a big redneck. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if he's just posting these for the responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->