Let the USA take this one and next year.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
We'll take the gold on their home turf! I'll definitely trade this one for that next year!

Really tho', the USA got lucky today as Canada had the best team in the tourney and as we all know, anything can happen in a one game winner takes all! This game was over with 15 minutes left in the 3rd, but the Canadians got a little too over confident and the USA got a few lucky bounces.

Oh well, we'll get'em back in North Dakota next year and for the rest of the competition, they better hope there is no lockout come September in the NHL or they can just mail the gold medals to Canadian Hockey at that time.

Someone explain to me how Nigel Dawes was not named the tournament top forward?? Led the tourney in scoring at 18 yrs and was dangerous at every turn!

How does Sami Lepissedo get Top D-man??? SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN??? Is it because he had 3g and 1a against the Ukraine??

Alvaro Montoya Top Goalie??? How does this happen?? Cuz he was the reason the USA won the Gold this year, THAT'S WHY!!!!

SuperNintendoChalmrs

Jun 28, 2002
Buffalo
Would be something if some Canadian fans could watch their home team lose a hockey tournament and show a little grace and class after it's over.....

bah.....I am expecting too much from them.

HabLover said:
We'll take the gold on their home turf! I'll definitely trade this one for that next year!

Really tho', the USA got lucky today as Canada had the best team in the tourney and as we all know, anything can happen in a one game winner takes all! This game was over with 15 minutes left in the 3rd, but the Canadians got a little too over confident and the USA got a few lucky bounces.

Oh well, we'll get'em back in North Dakota next year and for the rest of the competition, they better hope there is no lockout come September in the NHL or they can just mail the gold medals to Canadian Hockey at that time.

Someone explain to me how Nigel Dawes was not named the tournament top forward?? Led the tourney in scoring at 18 yrs and was dangerous at every turn!

How does Sami Lepissedo get Top D-man??? SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN??? Is it because he had 3g and 1a against the Ukraine??

Alvaro Montoya Top Goalie??? How does this happen?? Cuz he was the reason the USA won the Gold this year, THAT'S WHY!!!!

dempsey_k*

HabLover said:

Boy are you going to be embarassed when you find out Americans post here too.

BCCHL inactive

HabLover said:

Don't be a homer.

The game was not over with 15 minutes left. If it was, the USA wouldn't be parading a Gold Medal around.

The USA did get a couple lucky bounces, but they worked for them, as all good teams do.

Nigel Dawes did play well, but Parise stood out a lot more than anybody throughout the whole tournament. That is why Parise was MVP as well.

Lepisto and Phaneuf were neck and neck for the award, and when two players are playing so equally well, the player from the home team will get the nod more often than not.

Montoya got the top goaltender because he was the top goaltender, bottom line....judging by numbers and how he held his team in the most important game this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->