Let the Thomas Pock Sweepstakes begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
So I guess this means RedLine was completely wrong about Pock not being a free agent and having to be drafted, just goes to show you don't believe everything you read. :)

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Swervedriver said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesnt Pock have to be drafted because he's a European?

Boston tried to sign Martin Wilde out of college and that got voided because of his European status.

Why would it be different for Pock?

where the player was born doesn't really matter, it is where they are playing during their draft year...

pock was playing in NA so as far as the draft is concerned (csb rankings etc) he is considered a north american, and the north american rules apply...

it goes by where you are playing

db23

Redline has 0 credibility. Check their history. Back in 2000 they were hyping Lars Jonnson as being the best player available.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Redline has 0 credibility. Check their history. Back in 2000 they were hyping Lars Jonnson as being the best player available.
So? Everyone makes mistakes. Redline is certainly not error free, but if you go back over their old Q&As and stuff like that, they were dead on on a lot of prospects. The only problem I have with them is when they don't admit that they're wrong, but brag about being right.

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
Bluenote13 said:
Yep, here we go...how did we ruin the league this time? :joker:

I don't think that this is a good example. It was a solid and justified signing, but it shouldnt be mistaken as one of the justified reasons that people bad mouth some of the Ranger signings.
I mean, they DID at the very least HELP to drive up prices.

Now Pock desnt fall into that category obviously. I think that this was a good signing.

I actually had a heads up to the possibility of this happening on Sunday night. The girl I spoke of in a previous post on this thread called me and told me that he had mentioned that the Rangers wanted to sign him.
She also said that it wasn't a certainty, but it looks like she turned out to be right.

stardog

Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
db23 said:

Not to mention how they go out of thier way to insult Schremp at every possible moment. It shows a lack of maturity, professionalism and class.
I also love the whole cocky, self congratulatory attitude they display at all possible times.
I like reading them simply to get an idea of a player, but I have almost zero....no make that entirley zero, respect for them.

stardog

Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
Jacobv2 said:
So? Everyone makes mistakes. Redline is certainly not error free, but if you go back over their old Q&As and stuff like that, they were dead on on a lot of prospects. The only problem I have with them is when they don't admit that they're wrong, but brag about being right.

Where are the Q&A's on the site?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I searched "Dan Fernholm" on google and one of their pre-2002 draft Q&A's came up. Woodlief predicted Fernholm to be one of the biggest steals if he fell out of even the top 30, and made some other astute observations, such as calling Whitney going to Pittsburgh (which was up in the air at the time).

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
db23 said:

Huh? He was ranked in their top 10 but he certainly wasn't in their top 3 that year. Why make up that kind of stuff?

I guess we can say that you have 0 credibility?

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Jacobv2 said:

being wrong about a prospect is one thing cause it is a crap shoot and no one knows for sure what a kid will look like down the road...but not knowing the draft eligibility rule that would apply is pretty sad

BleedBruins

Feb 5, 2003
weston, ct
Visit site
Flames Draft Watcher said:
Huh? He was ranked in their top 10 but he certainly wasn't in their top 3 that year. Why make up that kind of stuff?

I guess we can say that you have 0 credibility?

In addition, (and not to chnage this into a Jonsson thread), but Jonsson appears to be turning it around in Sweden. We'll see how good their prediction was in the next two years.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
NYR469 said:
being wrong about a prospect is one thing cause it is a crap shoot and no one knows for sure what a kid will look like down the road...but not knowing the draft eligibility rule that would apply is pretty sad
Nobody else knew it, apparently. Other than Pock, that is, everyone was pretty much guessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->