Let the signings begin! Minnesota signs FA Mark Rooneem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
"Minnesota Wild General Manager Doug Risebrough announced today that the National Hockey League (NHL) club has signed free agent forward Mark Rooneem (pronounced ROO-neem) to a contract."

Whew... thank God they told me how to pronounce it. I don't think I could have figured out Rooneem was pronounced ROO-neem by myself.

thestonedkoala

Actually he's depth at best, so I'm happy. Most of our underrated guys came out of the 2003 draft or some of our higher drafts. I think the Wild have some pretty bad prospects aka guys that won't comver over in Tyulyapkin (he might since he's younger), Eckerblom who can't really do anything at the SEL, Miroslav Kopriva who also hasn't do anything, Marcin Kolusz, Mathieu Melanson...

czechhockeyfan

Mar 8, 2003
Czech republic
Visit site
thestonedkoala said:
Actually he's depth at best, so I'm happy. Most of our underrated guys came out of the 2003 draft or some of our higher drafts. I think the Wild have some pretty bad prospects aka guys that won't comver over in Tyulyapkin (he might since he's younger), Eckerblom who can't really do anything at the SEL, Miroslav Kopriva who also hasn't do anything, Marcin Kolusz, Mathieu Melanson...

Kopriva´s developing is quite smooth, I don´t insist he is sure NHL-player in the future but he looks like solid prospect.
He could be starter goalie in Czech Extraleague in one or two years and he is only 21 year old.

letterH

Nov 16, 2003
Kamloops, BC
Visit site
Kirk Pedersen said:
I agree. Great junior player, really hard working guy out there.

Did I read that correctly...."Great junior player". Rooneem was anything but great. In Kamloops he underachieved every year and had hands of stone. He relies on his great speed, but can not do anything with it. He is very selfish and undisciplined.

The highest point total he ever got was 41. I wouldnt say that makes him a great junior player.

He will be a long time ECHL player who will then head to Europe

Captain Hack

letterH said:
Rooneem was anything but great. In Kamloops he underachieved every year and had hands of stone. He relies on his great speed, but can not do anything with it. He is very selfish and undisciplined.

The highest point total he ever got was 41. I wouldnt say that makes him a great junior player.

He will be a long time ECHL player who will then head to Europe

Rooneem's 41 points came over 69 games in 2001-2002

40 points came this season where he played in only 52 games due to an ankle injury.

I think we saw a different Rooneem in Calgary this past year as opposed to you Blazer recollections, remember he was going to be the odd overager out at the start of the season and then played himself back into the line-up. We didn't see the selfishenss and undisciplined play this yr either, in fact while injured Mark made appearance out of town at a couple of minor hockey practices.

Rooneem wheels are enough to give him a chance to play far above the ECHL. He has a good future as a pro hockey player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad