less often discussed 04' draft prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
the same names keep reappearing in many of your discussions about this june's draft but there are a few guys that intrigue me that aren't (just yet) in that elite group.

What do you all think of:

Vaclav Meidl- I like the size and he seems to be putting up decent numbers early this season with Plymouth, can anyone give a more detailed report on this guy for me and everyone else?

Cory Schneider- Still playing prep hockey with PA i believe? Has put up incredible stats, i mean mind numbing save percentages! Probably more obscure than the other goalie prospects because hes still playing prep. Is he definetly opting into this years draft? What do you all think of him?

I thought some of the following players had a shot of being 1st rounders in 2004 last year, but so far all the prelim. rankings i've seen dont agree. What do you all think of these players: Chad Kolarik (NTDP u18), Robbie Earl (Wisc) T.J. Hensick (Mich)

Another interesting name is Brian McGuirk, another kid form NE prep , lots of rankings had him ranked fairly high for last years draft i believe...whats the story with him? Where is he playing...i thougth he was a senior last year? Is he back with Gov Dummer?

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
Epsilon said:
I think Marek Schwarz is this year's "player who doesn't get a ton of press but ends up in the top 5 on draft day".

no point in me making a draft ranking of my own, it would just be me putting the top americans 1-50 lol i might be even MORE biased than Woodlief if that's possible

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I know from the QMJHL players such as:

Philipe Roberge . Goalie for Rouyn Noranda
Micheal Sersen . Defense for Rimouski (who I think will go 1st round)
David Laliberte. Forward Montreal

these guys are great prospects for the up and comming drafts and have the talent to go in the first two round. These guys are not talked about much on this board.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Epsilon said:
I think Marek Schwarz is this year's "player who doesn't get a ton of press but ends up in the top 5 on draft day".

I agree this guy IMO is one of the best players ranked in the 2004 draft, I think either the U-18s and the world juniors will be the place that he has to prove himself first though, but this guys stats are unreal right now.

DR. Holiday

Epsilon said:

I don't think a concensous top 10 pick like Schwarz will lack press.

MHJS

Apr 8, 2003
Visit site
Any info on Vojtech Kloz? I havent heard much talk about him, but he looks like a solid defender that can hit quite well.

goteam

Dec 16, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
I'll give Reid Jorgensen my pick as less often discussed prospect.

I also think that Brian Bickell is very underrated and could turn out to be a high pick.

Sticky*

Maunu

Mitch Maunu, Dman for the Windsor Spitfires, is a player I could easily see being picked in the later part of the first round (20-30).

Belizarius

Sep 17, 2003
Southern France
www.passionhockey.com
Coming from France :
F Kevin Hecquefeuille, French rookie of the year last season (Amiens). Played for Senior National team in september, scoring a goal in a tournament (Latvia, Belarus, Kazakhstan)
F Pierre-Emmanuel Bellemare (Rouen), amazing youngster (18). French champion last season with Rouen at 17, lone player in the team with his name engraved in the locker room... Scored 1G+2A in 3 games in Euro Tour in Latvia in september with Senior National Team (youngest of the team), added 1G+2A against Angers a few days later.

Both will lead France U-20 in 1st division in December...
There are others good ones, but Bellemare and Hecquefeuille are the most talented.

maunu

Sticky said:
Mitch Maunu, Dman for the Windsor Spitfires, is a player I could easily see being picked in the later part of the first round (20-30).

good to see that someone else thinks so! i think he's going to be a great player. He played well as a 16 year-old for the Spits last season. He's a solid defenseman, he's got a great work ethic, lots of heart and the coaching staff has *just* come around to letting him rush the puck more often. not bad for a 17 year old, second-year OHL player, huh?

Sticky*

I think so. everyone compares him to Jovanovski, which I don't think is fair, but I would compare him to Bryan McCabe. Similar styles and size.

catcher

Oct 4, 2003
Visit site
I agree that Schneider is a very good goalie, but I think that there are at least a half dozen in the OHL alone who are just as skilled and are playing at a higher level of competition.

Avery4Byng*

a couple of guys from Kelowna of the WHL... Blake Comeau and Tyler Spugeon never get talked about much. Both were in the team that went o the Memorial Cup last year and will be there again this year. both forwards good checkers and both have a good eye for the net. Comeau is more physical and a good agitator.

lucas

Apr 6, 2003
Visit site
jordan smith

smitty is a good sized defenceman with toughness, excellent skating ability and improving offensive contributions. he could really surprise if given the chance. can't believe no one talks about him at all!!!!come on people

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
JNRhockeyGURU said:
I thought some of the following players had a shot of being 1st rounders in 2004 last year, but so far all the prelim. rankings i've seen dont agree. What do you all think of these players: Chad Kolarik (NTDP u18), Robbie Earl (Wisc) T.J. Hensick (Mich)

Don't know a thing about Kolarik. Earl and Hensick have been terrific thus far. I've seen more of Robbie Earl than I have of T. J. Hensick. Robbie Earl is a Power Forward. Very good skater, great hands, not afraid of the physical. The only knock on him is his size (5'11/173). Hensick's been doing great with Michigan (maybe Funkymoses can give you an in-depth bio on him, he's more on top of Michigan hockey than I am, but I do my best to try and keep up).

Another name I'd add to the list, especially if he keeps up his stellar play is David Brown. He's a Goaltender for Notre Dame. This past weekend he shutout Boston College, arguably the best offensive team in the nation, in their rink (Conte Forum). Thus far, he hasn't allowed a goal in over 7 periods of play. The last goal he allowed was a goal in the 3rd period against OSU back on 10/11.

Funkymoses

Well, Kolarik apparently doesn't play defense but can fill the net with extreme predjudice. I haven't seen him yet.

Hensick is one of those guys who would go first overall if he was 6'2". He's been very impressive thus far. He's the complete package on offense. He's got a great change of direction and good mobility overall and he's a great puckhandler. His shot is good, too.

I think Hensick should be a first rounder. He's the next Comrie/Cammalleri (more the latter than former) and scouts seem to be catching on to the small awesome dude from Michigan thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->