Les Intouchables (Veterans)

What players are untouchable?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Patrick, Couts, Provorov, Sanheim, TK - that can be a core of a SC winning team in 3-4 years.

I'd move Giroux or Ghost in the right trade, not that I'd be looking to do so, but I don't consider them untouchable.
Giroux is on the wrong side of 30 and as the playoffs showed, can be shut down, Ghost is physically challenged.
Lindblom as well, again, I'd rather keep him, but he's not an ultra-skilled player.
But there's always "an offer you can't refuse."

Voracek to me is always available at the right price, I think someone at some point will overpay for his scoring and ignore his mediocre defense and mindfarts, in a year or two, when the young forwards arrive, an overpay (like Richards) will be tempting.

Simmonds is a valuable role player, but not at the cost of an overpriced extension.

The rest, make me a deal.

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
Coots
Provorov
Sanheim
Patrick
Giroux
Konecny
Ghost

Jake or Simmonds I’d consider dealing.

Reactions: FlyTimmo

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Giroux-Couts-TK
Lindblom-Patrick-Voracek
xxx-xxx-Simmonds
Laughton-xxx-Raffl

I’d rather trade simmer, but I’m okay with this skeleton going into next year.

I voted for Raffl too because I don’t think getting a early mid round draft pick for him helps the teams window.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
No one is entirely untouchable, but there would have to be a massive overpayment for me to trade these players:

Couturier, Giroux, Gostisbehere, Konecny, Patrick, Provorov, Sanheim.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I honestly don't know how to judge Sanheim yet but an even an advanced layman like myself knew who the other keepers were. I consider that "passing the test". I want a scractch and sniff sticker now, teachers.

Reactions: pmwlker

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
If Gretzky could be traded ...

In my view, nobody is untouchable. With that said, there are a few guys who would require a huge overpayment to trade.

One of the things that Hexy has done that I admire is moving away from trade restrictions in our contracts. At this point, G has the only true NMC and Simmer's restriction is a 12 team list. After this season (when Flip's and Oduya's restrictions go away) that's it.

It gives Hexy some added flexibility. Now we'll just have to see if he, and our pro scouts, are up to the task.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
G, TK, NP, Coots, Provorov

Everyone else can be had. But would expect obvious price compensation for like, not so much only futures.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
TK over Giroux, a 31 year old forward simply isn't a future building block, TK could have a decade with this team.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Yes, because teams full of nothing but young players have done exceptionally well. Especially when that would involve trading one of the leagues most productive players.

:yawn:

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Just 4 for me: Couturier, Giroux, Provorov and Patrick. I don't think there is any deal centring around them that would return the value they give to the Flyers. Yes, that includes a >30 year old captain who still plays at an all-star level and is a leader. It would take a very special trade offer for the likes of Gostisbehere, Sanheim, Konecny, etc., but it isn't impossible.

Reactions: CSKA1974 and bauer

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Ghost's contract is incredibly good, which really helps his value.

If Hextall had bridged him for two years, he'd be looking at double his current AAV in his next deal.

Reactions: Foggy14

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
Just 4 for me: Couturier, Giroux, Provorov and Patrick. I don't think there is any deal centring around them that would return the value they give to the Flyers. Yes, that includes a >30 year old captain who still plays at an all-star level and is a leader. It would take a very special trade offer for the likes of Gostisbehere, Sanheim, Konecny, etc., but it isn't impossible.
I added Simmonds in that special trade category in my polling. I know, I am helplessly sentimental.

Reactions: BernieParent

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->