Leopold VS. Jillson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in a keeper, rotissiere league - goals, assists, PIM, +/-, Power Play Goals. Also, important to note that I have a "expansion" team and I am building for the future. In thes league 5 D are starters. At present, I will be protecting at least 3 D and dropping 3 D. I am for sure keeping: Redden & Poti. I'm pretty sure I'm cutting: Lydman & Sydor. I am undecided between Leopold & Jillson. Now I know that Leopold is the better player right now (except +/- on a crappy team) and that he will get lots of PP time. I have kept Jillson on my roster for 2 years and I'm wondering how people think he will do this year and who is the better 'all-round' D-man for the near future (2 to 4 years).......thanks in advance.....

Joey24

Mar 9, 2002
New Zealand
Leopold and Jillson is a tough one to decide on both are extremely talented young men. if I were to choose one of the two it would prolly be Jillson simply because of his size and passing ability if Jeff is able to muster up to his full potential he could be one of the top 5 defenseman in the league one day imo. Though Like I said it's hard to decide because Jordan is also a great defenseman put up great numbers in college and is responsible at both ends of the ice. really hard decision for me to make but Jillson has always been a favorite of mine.

Dr.Strangelove91

Nov 27, 2002
Tricolore world
Visit site
I am also in a keeper's league and I have kept Leopold for the second year now (the draft as already been done for thie year...). I use to have Jillson in my farm team but I let him go last year as I feel his upside as gone down a bit. Leopold will run the pp for the flames so offensively speaking, he's the early favorite. On what I've seen in last season final games and preseason play, he's a lock to play on the first pair and I feel he has bigger potential than Jillson and could put up 30-40 points right now. Go with Leopold, you'll be a happy man. (he's gonna play about 22-25 minutes a game, that helps...). As for the future, I'd say that Jordan upside is more clear as of now and there's good chance that he'll be Calgary's main man on the point for the next 5 or 6 years (I don't think he's a franchise-type defenseman...), so you can't go wrong.

eye

Feb 17, 2003
around the 49th para
Visit site
No brainer people. Leo by a country mile. Jeff will be fortunate to stick in the NHL. Not as big as reported, minus player due to lack of mobility and slow defensive reads.

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
Leopold by a wide margin IMO. Kid looks like he has all star potential. Can't say I've seen a ton of Jillson but I know what I see in Leopold and he looks as good offensively as Morris if not moreso.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
As a Flames season ticket holder I can tell you it would surprise me if Leopold was on the first pairing...

But no worries Leo will be on the Number one PP and be a Top 4 Defenceman this year....

That said I would rather have Jillson and I am a huge Leopold fan...But I feel like Jillson could become a more dominant NHL Defenceman....

Leopold could be a soft skating Leetch or Housley type at best....and that is unbelievable those guys are potenatila hall of famers

But Jillson is built more physcailly adept and if he ever harness's his tools could be the nest Jovanovski type....Very Offensive, very punishing, most valuable guy on the team...

Now the best bet to become a Jovo type is probably Klesla....

But of these two I'd take Jillson....though both are great...

It just seems like to me every year there are guys you can get if you just want to rack up points....Dan Boyle, Andrei Markov, Dick Tarnstrom there's alot of these guys that don't get a ton of fanfare but that will mooch some points off teh PP and play Top 4 or 5 even strength ice...

Leopold will be better then that group, but Jillson has the potential to be much better....

Fantasy Wise the difference is minimal if existent at all....Building a team....Jillson

Just my two cents thou...YOu can't really go wrong with either one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad