Leon Draisaitl or Johnny Gaudreau?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
This thread has really devolved. Gaudreau is a very good player. Draisaitl is a very good player. IMO, edge Draisaitl, but there's some really dumb ****posting happening.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
It really is. The votes show it.

Less than a PPG in the playoffs is brag worthy now? Draisaitl was over a PPG in his first go at it. Keep digging for those gems and you can be an "analysist" too. ;)

Not sure how to treat your post, aside from being reflective of your insecurities. I mean, you referred to two things that are non-existent in my post (bragging; Draisaitl's playoff performance compared to Gaudreau's), and then you made a reference to my typo as if it actually means something.

I guess i'll leave you with the thought that maybe there is more to a comparison than comparing raw points from different seasons and contexts...but i'm sure you'll dig out a typo and make fun of that instead of having an interesting and informative conversation.

Each to his own, of course.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
because I'm talking about this past season...and I'm wondering why you're ignoring his disappearing act

Because it wasn't a disappearing act. At least not anymore than what we saw from McDavid. Sometimes the puck just doesn't go in. He created plenty of chances. Point totals aren't really indicative of performance, especially over such a small sample size. That's why I was overwhelmingly supportive of the way McDavid played, despite his production.

The reason the Flames were swept was goaltending. If you watched the games you'd know that.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Because it wasn't a disappearing act. At least not anymore than what we saw from McDavid. Sometimes the puck just doesn't go in. He created plenty of chances. Point totals aren't really indicative of performance, especially over such a small sample size. That's why I was overwhelmingly supportive of the way McDavid played, despite his production.

The reason the Flames were swept was goaltending. If you watched the games you'd know that.
That spinning no look back pass into his linemates feet when he had a clean look in the slot to tie it late in game 4 does not support this post.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
That spinning no look back pass into his linemates feet when he had a clean look in the slot to tie it late in game 4 does not support this post.

It looked like he should have shot it, but if he doesn't see an opening I'd trust his judgement. He seems to have a pretty good handle on that sort of thing.

Regardless, players don't always make the right play. He created a ton of chances that they couldn't capitalize on - Gibson had a great series and had Gaudreau and Ferland's number (Ferland led the team in SOG with 15 - who do you think set most of those up?). Gaudreau's PDO was 0.900 and his on ice sh% was 0%< but from a possession perspective he had a SAT% of 54.03 and a SAT% Close of 58.93. He also lead all Calgary forwards in shot attempts for when he was on the ice at 5v5 at 67 - a higher rate per game than McDavid had during the regular season. At that pace he would have lead the league's forwards in shot attempts for. Sometimes the puck just doesn't go in.

The PP was pretty much the only thing that was working for the Flames (went 6/16) - who do you think was running that PP? He made key plays that did result in goals, even though he didn't get credited with an assist.

McDavidCrushedLarkin

Jun 12, 2016
Not sure how to treat your post, aside from being reflective of your insecurities. I mean, you referred to two things that are non-existent in my post (bragging; Draisaitl's playoff performance compared to Gaudreau's), and then you made a reference to my typo as if it actually means something.

I guess i'll leave you with the thought that maybe there is more to a comparison than comparing raw points from different seasons and contexts...but i'm sure you'll dig out a typo and make fun of that instead of having an interesting and informative conversation.

Each to his own, of course.

Aww poor fella, you attack me then whine when you get the intended response. That's sorta cute. Sorry you can't have a relevant discussion comparing the two players without getting upset when your boy comes up short in most areas being discussed here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad